Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Tommy Polaris:
- Who has taken me under their wing?

If people are cool with me taking a 5th, I'll take this one. Dorian sees Tommy as a determined guy who's looking to make it big, and he doesn't want him to get stuck in gimmick/midcard hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Is that all the questions? Everyone who had a questioned answered gains +1 heat with the person who answered one of their questions.

Also, everyone has 1 heat with opposite of heel/face. I believe the max is +4.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 26, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm down a question ("Who mentored me when I first joined the roster?") but it's not that big of a deal, I don't think.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm down a question ("Who mentored me when I first joined the roster?") but it's not that big of a deal, I don't think.

If no one else wants it, I'll take it. More heat is more fun and we were already tag team partners already. Tell me if this is too much.

A couple of years back there was a kid. Could work the microphone like nobody's business, and make a compelling feud with a hatstand. But the kid was tiny, and frankly not terribly good at wrestling. And the kid was also small enough (by wrestler standards) that making them a jobber just got the crowd annoyed, and not in a good way. So they gave The (Masked) Wizard a heel turn into The Necromancer, who used to summon the Skeletal Death God (sometimes as manager, sometimes as tag team partner). While teaching Lancadon to work the ring. When it was time, and when he had the presence to back up his skills, the Skeletal Death God broke free of his bindings, beat him comfortably in the ring to the cheers of the audience, and turned Face. No one's seen the Necromancer since (seriously, the lights went black, for just long enough for The Necromancer to dive under the apron and hide under the ring for the rest of the show - a kayfabe kill by the much abused Death God). A few months later The Jester turned up. Same height and mostly the same skin tone, slightly more muscular build, always masked, and hair under the cap-and-bells. And much better moves (including the capoeira the Necromancer couldn't use because it didn't fit that gimmick but is odd enough for The Jester).

And if that's good, has Lancandon told anyone, including The Jester, that he's worked out that The Jester is actually his old tag team partner?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

So here's the questions. Let me know if I got any wrong.

• Dorian Mandrake, the Provocateur
○ Who helped me get to where I am now? Georgie Burns
○ Who thinks I’m all smoke and no fire? Gogol
○ Who is trying to steal my approach? Tommy Polaris
○ Who’s my fan, even though we’re peers? The Jester

• Golgol
○ Who is terrified of me backstage? Dorian
○ Who helps me come up with new directions for my character? Lancadon (Skeletal God)
○ Who made me look weak? Jester
○ Who can stand up to me in the ring? Shinnosuke

• Tommy Polaris
○ Who did I debut with (and leave behind)? MJ Belle
○ Who's taken me under their wing? Dorian
○ Who's jealous of my rapid rise? Shinnosuke Nagai
○ Who's taken it on themselves to teach me a lesson in the ring? Lacandon

• Shinnosuke Nagai
○ Who was holding me back as my tag team Partner? Golgol
○ Who’s trying to learn by watching me in the ring? Polaris
○ Who’s jealous of my skills? Dorian
○ Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer? » Georgie Burns

• MJ Belle (Shinnosuke, Gogol, Polaris, Jester +1)
○ Who do I manage/ accompany to the ring? Shinnosuke Nagai.
○ Who is trying to undermine me backstage? Gogol
○ Who turned on me when I was their Manager? Tommy Polaris'
○ Who knows I have their best interests at heart? The Jester

• Lacandon, Skeletal Death God
○ Who always has my back? Gogol
○ Who mentored me when I first joined the roster? Jester
○ Who’s ripping off my highflying style? Dorian
○ Who wishes they could do what I do? Georgie

• Jester
○ MJ Belle thinks he's a waste of a roster slot +2
○ Georgie/Flexmaster is always asking him for something new for his act +2
○ Lacandon, Skeletal Death Master used to be his tag team partner +2
○ Shinnosuke Nagai thinks my in ring talent is being wasted as Jester +2

• Georgie Burns
○ Who was my tag team partner before they made it big? Dorian Mandrake
○ Who can’t remember who I am? MJ Belle
○ Who refuses to work with me? Gogol
○ Who is always trying to get management on my side? The Jester

Working on first card of matches. Let me know if there's interactions or match ups you'd like to see, and of course story reasons why (I want revenge against X for...).

Edit: Oops, I forgot another thing for each player. Each one should do a "pre-recorded" promo showing how they highlighting why they deserve to win or what they're planning to do in the event.", or if you've been with PWEF for a little while (We don't have to stick with brand new rookies) what happened last episode. It might be in the ring, or a back-stage interaction. Feel free to pick NPW for these as well. Maybe a NPW came in and wrecked the interview promo you were doing backstage.

Edit 2: And of course you work with other PWCs to do stuff together too.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 28, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Promo by The Jester

We start off with The Jester, sitting in the lotus position on a table, a rose in hand. Pulling off the petals one by one and throwing them casually onto a table already covered in them. "She loves me. She loves me not. She loves me. She loves me ... not." He hangs his head and tosses the stem into a basket before smiling and reaching for another rose. "She loves me. She loves me not." The camera pans along the corridor, and there's a trail of roses leading all the way to MJ's dressing room and there's a triumphant "She loves me!"

Then the door to the dressing room opens. There's the sound of heels clicking and of someone (probably MJ) picking up the first rose and saying something. And the sound of heels clicking along tiled floor. Cut back to The Jester who opens his mouth, and tries to say something. Nothing comes out. A few more attempts, and he swallows. Cut to the shadow approaching on the wall - and pan back, and we can see The Jester bolting down the corridor just before MJ arrives before hiding and hyperventilating into a paper bag. Despite the rose petals, the champagne, candlelight, and cake, he bottled it. There's also a not terribly well hidden stereo for mood music, although it's not playing.

Cut a Promo: 2d6+2=7
And that's +1 Heat with MJ. The audience is unimpressed with the Jester's rabbiting, but still wants to see what happens next.

Also if one of you other heels wants to come in and steal The Jester's setup, that's more than fine. Just remember it's The Jester's music prepared on the stereo.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
LAST WEEK ON PWEF

"The MEGAmerican continues on his unstoppable spree heading up this Sunday, where he will take on the Venturous Capitalist for the coveted 'Pacific Journeyman Wrestling Championship' Belt. Last night he faced the The Masterclass, the Unbelievable Flying Object, The Flexmaster Zero G in the ring to put another notch in his belt before these two titan's clashed on Sunday!"

"It was a back and forth affair for sure, with the American's attempted American Bulldog stopped short with a 'Kick It!' to the midsection followed by a flying splash from the turnbuckle! But just as the Master lined up for a big aerial finisher, a superkick from the American all-star sends him sprawling out of the ring and onto his head! The impact must have shaken him to his core, because despite his best efforts he couldn't make it back in the ring before the 10 count and the MEGAmerican won by count out. The American got to exit the ring triumphant and The Flexmaster needed a shoulder from the Referee to make it out."

"And he certainly needed the help, that fall looked like it would have caused a serious concussion, the Master got off lightly, let's hope for a speedy recovery in any case the man's had a steady but noticeable rise over the last few weeks and it would be a shame for it to be stopped by a bad knock to the head!"

"Indeed Bobby, say what you will about his performance in the past, the guy's getting better! As soon as he starts that whole 'winning' thing we might see a real contender!"

"If He starts that winning thing, if"

Meanwhile, in a little book off camera.

28th February 2015

Getting dropped on my head was not the best thing to happen to me this week, the drop kick was meant to make me spill over yeah, but my foot must have caught on the ropes and turned what would have been an impact on my back to an impact on my face. I managed to cushion most of the impact with my arms, and I don't think anyone saw it for the botch it was, I made it look like the MEGAmerican's super kick was a devastating finisher to a good match, and not a botched performance that might have ended my career just when it was getting good. But that's just part of the job, I am gonna be playing up this head injury angle for a while though, it's gonna look funny if I show up next match totally fine after that drop.

This is the month I feel. This is the month where I can really start making a push, I mean hell, Dorian made it, Tommy made it, the Jester of all people made it past the jobbing stage, but I am still here. I just need a good pop for one match, I have another match scheduled this weekend, a curtain jerker for the upcoming Journeyman Title Match. I dunno who my opponent is but here's hoping I can avoid any more accidental injuries.

Peace, Georgie Burns

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 28, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

LAST WEEK ON PWEF

"After a grueling match, Robert "High Class" Jordan didn't have very long to celebrate his win before getting ambushed by Dorian Mandrake, hitting him with a pair of brass knuckles before nailing the Man on Fire, laying Jordan out before going on one of his trademark rants. Dorian kept it relatively short, telling Jordan that it wasn't personal, but given the viciousness of the attack, it's hard to say that Jordan won't take it personally."

-----

Dorian is squatting next to Jordan, gazing right into the hard cam with the downed body of Mr. High Class in the background. Dorian is showing very little emotion as he does so, acting like this is a normal activity. The lights dim as he starts to speak, causing the body paint on Dorian to light up. His voice is unsettling and calm.

"This isn't personal. This isn't about Robert Jordan. It is about what he stands for, what he means to the world. He takes money. -Your- money."

Dorian points straight at the hard cam, gesturing to the audience.

"He takes your money and spends it on overpriced, unoriginal suits. On bowties, on selling you all an unobtainable dream. And you, you eat it up like sheep. You don't think twice about what it is you follow."

Dorian stands up as he finishes the sentence.

"Think for yourself. Then you'll see why I do what I do."

Dorian drops the mic, rolling out of the ring and heading straight into the crowd.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LAST WEEK ON PWEF

Pre-Debut Vignette

Monochrome. Slow panning footage of a gym. Thudding sounds are the only audio track. Pan to Shinnosuke Nagai, striking a heavy bag, mixing in punches, chops, elbows, knees and kicks. Nagai is coated in sweat, dripping from his face. Close up. Narration.

"I have trained all of my life for this."

Cut. Locker room. Nagai sits on the bench, wrapping his wrists. Close up of his hands.

"I have destroyed my body for this."

Cut. Shot of the ring. Nagai performs a signature dropsault, slow-motion close up of his body hitting the mat.

"I have given everything in my life for this."

Cut to black.

"Why?"

Cut to entrance ramp. Nagai stands in Gorilla position. Electric Eye hits. Crowd reaction is thunderous. Nagai enters onto the ramp.

"Because there is nothing else in life but this."

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm think it would be cool if the last time we saw MJ and Tommy was when he ditched her. Selachian, if that sounds cool to you too, I'm gonna let you describe the encounter, and I'll fill up the details on my part.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Reminder: I'm still waiting on "last times" for Gogol, Polaris, Lacandon and MJ Belle.

Let's not have this die before it even begins.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
LAST WEEK ON PWEF

After being called out by John "The Linebacker" Lennox, Gogol stormed his way down the ramp donned in a red cape as the anthem of his people echoed throughout the arena. The would be Golden Boy stared the giant down as he made his way into the ring. A chorus of booing rang out from the audience but Gogol's face remained nonchalant.

"YOU HAVE NERVE CALLING GOGOL THE RED TERROR TO RING, LINEBACKER. YOU KNOW NOT THAT WHICH YOU ASK FOR, COMRADE." he said locking eyes with the ex-jockey.

A short exchange was made between the two, when The Linebacker made an unexpected attack against Gogol. His fist struck across the Red Terror's face, but Gogol just glared at Lennox menacingly as he moved his head back into place.

He backs off and Gogol steps forward, ready to reach out and grab hold of him when the Linebacker's tag team partner, MEGAmerican decides to interject, sprinting towards the ring and getting between the two.

Gogol reaches his arm over MEGAmerican and prods The Linebacker with an over-sized finger.

"REST EASY FOR NOW COMRADE, BUT THE COLD WINDS WILL COME FOR YOU AND YOU WILL KNOW THE FEAR OF THE RED TERROR."

Gogol backs away from the two and marches back towards the locker rooms.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Lord Hynpostache: Since you're a manager, (and not very good at fighting) I'm guessing MJ belle isn't going to enter the ring, but perhaps she'll have a representative fight, most likely against Tommy Polaris. Who would your representative be? Or would you rather do something for your bit as not a fight, but out of the ring?

I'm guessing if it is a representative, it'll be Negai, which works.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 2, 2015

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

neonchameleon posted:

Promo by The Jester

We start off with The Jester, sitting in the lotus position on a table, a rose in hand. Pulling off the petals one by one and throwing them casually onto a table already covered in them. "She loves me. She loves me not. She loves me. She loves me ... not." He hangs his head and tosses the stem into a basket before smiling and reaching for another rose. "She loves me. She loves me not." The camera pans along the corridor, and there's a trail of roses leading all the way to MJ's dressing room and there's a triumphant "She loves me!"

Then the door to the dressing room opens. There's the sound of heels clicking and of someone (probably MJ) picking up the first rose and saying something. And the sound of heels clicking along tiled floor. Cut back to The Jester who opens his mouth, and tries to say something. Nothing comes out. A few more attempts, and he swallows. Cut to the shadow approaching on the wall - and pan back, and we can see The Jester bolting down the corridor just before MJ arrives before hiding and hyperventilating into a paper bag. Despite the rose petals, the champagne, candlelight, and cake, he bottled it. There's also a not terribly well hidden stereo for mood music, although it's not playing.

MJ Belle is looking at the scene before her, the rose petals, the champagne, everything. Her expression is one of curiosity. She looks around and spots Shinnosuke who happened to walk by.
"Hey you! Did you make this? 'Cause it's pretty adorable." MJ asks Shinnosuke, who appears bewildered and mumbles something in Japanese. MJ Belle continues "You're the new wrestler, right? I'm MJ Belle, pleasure to meet you. Come on, let me show you around, get acquainted."
MJ grabs Shinnosuke by the arm drags him off-screen.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

It feels like it's been a while since we started. Do you guys think we should start now, and adjust the card as needed when the last 2 last times are submitted, or should we wait? I have a filled card with at least one match/promo for everyone.

At the very least, I'll put a deadline: This Friday, February 6th at 4pm (PST) (or when I get home from work, which is sometime around that time).

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 2, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

The Jester (again)

At the start of the show we see The Jester in one of the waiting areas, sprawled all over a couch, watching the recaps as he idly tosses a stress balls from hand to hand. Nagai's promo draws to its conclusion, and he messes up a catch, causing the ball to bounce off his wrist and then off the back of the couch to roll across the floor (he'd actually been trying to hit himself in the head with the missed catch, but this will do). "What? There is nothing in life outside the ring?" He shakes his head, straightening to a sitting position as his bells jangle. "Now I understand why you had neither the wit to claim credit for my roses with the beautiful MJ." His gaze goes distant briefly. "Nor the decency to admit that wasn't your hard work you were taking credit for. Sure, you're an amazing wrestler." His voice hardens as he stands. "But Nagai. You've so much to learn about things. Things like laughter and friendship. And joy." The Jester smiles. "You poor boy. You need more in your life. More than just the square ring. And what you need is The Jester. I'm coming for you. And I am not going to stop until you laugh."

Cut a Promo: 2d6+2=7 +1 Heat

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hey! Sorry I've been quiet. I haven't had stable internet and won't for a few more days (I'm posting this from someone else's phone). If it's possible, do stuff without me until I return! I'll try to have one of these LAST WEEK recap posts up tonight.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Hey! Sorry I've been quiet. I haven't had stable internet and won't for a few more days (I'm posting this from someone else's phone). If it's possible, do stuff without me until I return! I'll try to have one of these LAST WEEK recap posts up tonight.

It happens, and only one person to go (who is posting elsewhere). I vote we move on?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm ready to roll.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Okay. First event is incoming.

Key Arena, Seattle, Washington

"Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen to another great night of the Pacific Wrestling Entertainment Federation! I'm Zack, and you all know my commentary tag-team partner Bobby. We've got a packed house here tonight. The air is heavy with anticipation."
"That's right Zack. You can feel it, like electricity."
"Uh, Bobby, you have your hand on an open wire."
"That I do Zack."

Entrance music blares and the jumbotron lights up, and Georgie Burns ("Flexmaster G") comes down the entrance ramp.
"It's one of the new comers, Flexmaster G. " Zack says.
"I hear he's been staying at the bottom of the pack for a long time." Bobby comments
"Yeah, but he's said that's going to change, he might have the will to make that happen."

Then another song plays. and again the Jobotron lights up with a display as the Joker makes his way down the ramp.
"It looks like his opponent's going to be the crown prince of comedic mayhem, the Jester."
"Looks that way, Zack. 'Dare to be stupid' indeed."

Feel free to describe how you come in, what kinds of stuff you do to rile up the crowd (somersaults? standing on the turnbuckle/corner ropes, signature gestures, etc.?). And also what kinds of smack talk you use (if any). flex-master is out first, so he gets some short time out there before Jester comes out.

Of course non-involved wrestlers can also use moves to mess with things too.

Also, once per match the announcer can "put over" a wrestler. Normally a person is assigned, but in this case I think I'll just leave it open (if that make sense?). The announcer recaps what the wrestler did and bumps a roll one level (from a botch (6+) to a partial hit (7-9) or partial hit to full hit (10+). The announcer should generally wait until the actual roll before desciding to do this. The Announcer should generally wait to see what the player rolls before deciding whether to put them over or not, and there’s often some negotiation on a failed roll between whether the player wants to spend Momentum or the Announcer should put them over—this is fine! Just remember that the Announcer can only put over each wrestler once per match.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 4, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

(Sheet here)

If Georgie is thankful for anything, it's that he got to pick his entrance song. A good theme song will do half of your work for you.

But the rest was work, he knew that when those first trumpets of his entrance sounded he knew what to do, strutting out onto the ramp under darkness as the intro part of his theme blared, the moment the first verse kicks in, the pyrotechnics erupt and there is you Jobber for the night in all his bad nineties glory.

Working the Audience, Sympathetic allows me to roll with Work, 2d6+2 = 10
Momentum: +1 + 2 = +3

He stops, leans towards the crowd a hand cupped around his ear, and liking what he hears he keeps going. Psyching himself up, high fiving crowd members in the crowd, The Flexmaster had an infectious energy about him and it showed.

As he reached the ring and as it built up to the chorus, in one smooth movement, he propels himself up to on edge of the ring and flips himself over the ropes. And he is practically bouncing with excitement at this point, getting the crowd hyped up as best he can. He basks in the adoration of the people, for the moment and it feels good.

Then, the music dies down, it would be time for his opponent to make an entrance.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 4, 2015

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I added a reference sheet that'll be useful to the OP. It has a lot of moves, including the special ones for heels and faces. Sorry, I should have added it from the start.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

The Jester

The Jester cartwheels into the spotlight as his music starts, and starts high fiving the audience. Except that something is weird. Most of the audience are shaking their hands after being high fived. Because in his right hand is an old school electric shock hand buzzer. "After the first three you're lining up for it? Suckers!" He smirks. But they still are. It's not painful, and is part of the experience. By his standards, this is low key as he wants the audience to see a fairly clean wrestling match. Jobbers deserve a chance. Other matches have ended up with the audience being glitter bombed rather than him getting fireworks.

His ring entrance is his normal one and almost as full of infectious energy. Bound to the apron, then leap up to hold a handstand on the top rope (giving an opportunity for a sneaky heel to push him off- in addition to a non-trivial chance of taking a pratfall) and the splits before rolling into the ring. And then offering his hand to Georgie. The referee frowns and points to his hand and with a pout he takes off the buzzer, handing it over before once again offering Georgie his hand.

Work the Audience: 2d6+2=8
Momentum: +1++1 = +2

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Georgie Burns

Georgie is more then happy to take his hand. It would be very not Babyface of him to do otherwise.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

The Jester

The handshake is clean. No tricks (it just wouldn't be funny), and The Jester bounds back before starting to almost dance in his confusing low, capoeira-influenced style. Bouncing off his hands and ducking under kicks. It frequently works well, slipping clear of Monster Heels, giants, and technicians that should squash him. But it's not so hot for dealing with someone else bounding with energy. It just makes the whole thing look like a mess. Two people bouncing past each other.

Wrestling with Face for slipperiness: 2d6+2=6 Spend a momentum for 7, and keep control of the match.

This isn't working. He needs to be closer. He has all the energy in the world to play off. Closer and sillier. He is, after all, The Jester. And defensive frustration makes the crowd pop when he looks as if he's on the wrong side of a squash match. But this is Georgie he's fighting. Flexmaster. A jobber, so out of sheer perversity he wants to put him over even if he's going to end up winning the match. And he knows about the fine art of Jobbing. So The Jester calls for a punch, and slides between Georgie's legs, pushes, then leap frogs the Jobber. His back to Georgie, he smirks, and gets grabbed round the waist and hoisted up on Georgie's shoulders. Near enough to chat as he tries to wriggle free, and Georgie tries to slam him. Ending in a tilt-a-whirl DDT for the first throw of the match - right the length of the ring, and the crowd starts to pop.

2d6+2=12 +1 Heat

And The Jester proceeds to caper a little, again chatting. He's been watching Georgie. They practice together and Georgie has, after all, been coming to him for advice. This is just like practice. Spin kick brushing past spin kick, each missing by a hair - but after the second exchange it's time for another leapfrog into a sunset flip. The attempted pin is easily countered with a reverse and a further reverse - after the fifth reverse Georgie throws The Jester off, leading to The Jester backflipping hard into the ropes as Georgie gets back to his feet. Keeping up The Jester's reputation of bouncing like a rubber ball.

2d6+3=13 +2 Momentum

The Jester now has the bit between his teeth, and is breaking out everything from practice that neither of them normally use because they aren't meant to be that good, or because they aren't completely certain of it. A Hurricanrana ends with him bouncing off the ropes and having his ankle caught by Georgie who pulls his legs out from under him. Both of them raising the energy and keeping moving. It's the warm-up match, so it's going to be a short one. Which means The Jester is going to pack as much wrestling as he can into the five minutes they have. But even he can't keep up the high intensity they've been pulling. So it's time to try unleashing their suplex variant. First time this has been seen. The Jester launches himself at Georgie who catches his foot and bends back, giving The Jester a hearty push. Normally a cheap move used for height and to pretend to be a Monster Heel. But the angle is carefully chosen to go right over the turnbuckle. There's trickery involved in this move, and a lot of care needed. The Jester in theory should go just over the turnbuckle - but instead he lands on it and launches himself off with a two footed push at high speed, screaming as he flies. The cameras are going to be careful editing this one of course. There aren't many advantages of being as light as he is, but the ability to go flying is one of them. And people wonder why the mats on the entrance walkway reach so far up; he'd possibly have cleared the safety barrier had that been at another angle. Instead he lands with an aikido roll on crashmats, rolling a further couple of times (it's actually safer) before collapsing. Georgie's going to have to carry him back in the ring as the crowd pops.

2d6+3=13 +1 Heat

Momentum 3, Heat 4.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I'm think it would be cool if the last time we saw MJ and Tommy was when he ditched her. Selachian, if that sounds cool to you too, I'm gonna let you describe the encounter, and I'll fill up the details on my part.

Last Week on PWEF

Tommy Polaris's ridiculously fast defeat of Bird Luche, with more time spent posing for the crowd than actually wrestling, is in the books. Backstage, Tommy walks through the corridors. Gear bag in one arm, pretty young thing in a Polaris T-shirt clinging to the other. His path takes him past his manager, MJ Belle, who is in the midst of a backstage interview about the match and her plans for the future.

Tommy lunges between MJ and the interviewer in mid-sentence and helps himself to the interviewer's mic.

"You're really wasting time talking about that match?This is getting boring. I didn't come out here to fight two-bit losers who dress up like Big Bird." He rounds on MJ. "You're supposed to be my manager, and this is the best you can get me?"

MJ can respond as she likes here

"Oh, is that so? I thought you were supposed to be good at this stuff. Maybe if you spent less time playing with Twitter and more time getting me matches, ever think of that? Nobody cares about what's trending. They care about who beats who. They care about who's the champion of the world. But I guess you wouldn't know much about that, would you, honey?"

response, if desired

"Whatever. I'm sick of this. Let me make it really simple: get yourself a new meal ticket, because YOU ... ARE ... FIRED!" The last three words are delivered at high volume, a couple inches away from MJ's face. Without waiting for a response, Tommy flips the mic over his shoulder and storms off, bag and smirking valet in tow.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Georgie Burns
Momentum: +3, Heat: +2

The Crowd are enjoying the match, this is good, let's see where we can take this

Georgie vaults the ropes to get back onto the arena floor after his ejected opponent, grasping him by his waist, he hoists him off of the floor and back into the ring following in after him. As the Jester is getting up on his feet, Georgie is already back over the ropes. He takes a short hop onto the middle rope and the crowd already knows whats coming, a personal favorite of Georgie an over the ropes Cannonball Senton otherwise known as

"The U.F.O!"

Wrasslin' with Work, The U.F.O!, 2d6+2 = 11 +1 Heat

And it's good! Georgie crashes down on top of the Jester and the crowd goes wild! But he isn't done yet, rolling off of his opponent and back to his feet he gets back up in one few moments and he leans in to get a good listen to the cheering of the crowd, and he likes what hehears, he swings back around for a lariat, but Jester is already up and ducks it kicking out the back of his knee on the pass and putting him into a headlock in the process. Georgie wiggles around trying to break the hold, but hitting on an idea, he scoots (With some subtle suggestions to Jester) a little closer to the ropes until he can just about get his feet near it, and after sizing it up, in one short bound he stretches for the ropes with his feet.

Wrasslin' with Heat, The Reversal Splash! 2d6+3 = 10 +2 Momentum

His feet touch the ropes, but that was only part of the plan, bounding back on the ropes he pushes up and over and suddenly the Jester can't hold his weight, and Georgie brings him down to the mat with a reversing splash! Georgie goes for the pin, 1, 2, and just before the 3 count hits the Jester kicks out! Georgie looks frustrated with that, but he guess he will just have to try harder. The two wrestlers begin circling eachother again, looking for an opening planning their next move, both men go in for a grab and begin to struggle with each other, a few kicks are thrown but it doesn't look like it's breaking any time soon, until a kick by the Jester gives Georgie the opening he needs he pushes into Jester trapping his leg between the top of them and bowls him over. But he keeps a hand on him and as he stumbles, Georgie whips him towards the ropes, he assumes a ready stance, a shuffle of the feet, a martial arts pose and as Jester comes back towards him on the rebound he unleashes the Spinning Back Kick!

Wrasslin' with Look, The Spinning Back Kick! 2d6-2 = 2 +1 Momentum to Jester

But the Jester ducks it (or Georgie missed) and now Georgie has his back to him!

Momentum +4, Heat +3.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 4, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

The Jester

To dodge, The Jester arches backwards, switching to walking on his hands as he launches a double footed kick at Georgie, throwing him into the ropes for a standard bounce off the ropes. The Jester rolls at Georgie, his two footed trip causing Georgie to crash hard and allowing The Jester to roll out of the ring and grab a can of shaving foam from under the apron and hold it up. He's about to go in with the shaving foam, and can hear one of the announcers calling for it (and the other telling him it's silly). But the crowd's cheering dies down and he even receives a few boos for his trouble. Apparently they don't want to see the shaving foam.

Wrestling with Look 2d6+2=8 - spend a momentum to keep going.

Fortunately one of the things about being a comic relief character is that you get used to your gimmick falling flat. And learn to roll with that sort of punch - the best you can do if the gimmick isn't going over is reverse it. So he holds the can high up in the air, and says two words, pitched to carry to the front row (and the few plants there) - and that Georgie and the Ref will both hear. "Just wrestle!"

The plants in the audience take up the chant first as he holds the can and climbs up onto the apron. "Just wrestle! Just wrestle!" It's almost intimidating as it spreads through the audience, and with a theatrical shrug as if to say 'what can you do?' he hurls the spray can right into the audience to loud cheers. The throw itself was a fairly gentle lob, but he's selling it as a very hard baseball throw, following forward and only grabbing the ropes behind him to avoid a pratfall off the apron at the last second and using the momentum to let him roll under the ropes. The can itself was hurled towards one of the plants, who deliberately butterfingers the can, knocking it to the feet of a ten year old boy (something his family is going to regret).

Work the Audience 2d6+2=7 +1 Momentum

There's no denying that The Jester is rattled. His gimmick isn't going over at all, but from the actual wrestling between the two of them is. Which is surely the wrong way round? So he dives forwards on his hands, legs locking round Georgie's waist, and tries to roll him up for a sucker's two count. And he quite deliberately lets himself be thrown back into the turnbuckle to pass the lead across. This audience isn't behaving normally, and he needs to get his head back in the game.

Wrestle with Heat: 2d6+4=8 - he'll take the momentum and pass the lead across.

Momentum 5

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 4, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Georgie Burns
Momentum +4, Heat +3.

Ball is back in Georgie's court, and he limbers up to decide what to do next, he eventually decides to start things off in true Flexmaster fashion, he takes a step back runs up, and gives the Jester a shoulder tackle into the turnbuckle and then two more for good measure to the chanting of the crowd. But he isn't done yet, grabbing his shoulders, leaning back and tucking one foot in, he rolls back for the monkey flip

Wrasslin' with Work, The Monkey Flip, 2d6+2 = 9 + 1 Momentum for 10. +1 Heat

Up and over the Jester goes! He is about to hit the mat, but in a movement that seems almost smooth as silk, Georgie manages to slip both of his feet under his arms and now the Jester is in position. He had an idea, bracing himself and leaning himself back in one yell of exertion, he throws his weight over, with Jester's feet under his arms and attempts to slingshot him back into the corner.

Weasslin' with Work, The Slingshot! 2d6-1 = 6 +1 Momentum for 7. Maintain control

In hindsight Georgie should have known better then to try using raw strength, even with Jester being light as he is it was definatly not his forte'. With some help, The Jester crashes back into the corner with a yelp and the crowd didn't notice the botch, but Georgie needs a moment to regain his balance. Thankfully that throw did not put out his back, so he took a step back whilst Jester got himself back together and shuffled out of the corner.

The match was losing momentum, they needed to end it quickly before the audience lost interest, Georgie gave Jester a nod, they knew it was time to end it. As the two wrestlers circled each other for one last time, Georgie lunges into Jester, throwing him off balance as he runs past him. Hopping up onto the middle rope, he winded up for his finisher that he had been developing, A spinning aerial lariat but as per the usual times he attempts this move, something is going to go wrong, and when he bounds off of the ropes for the big finisher, Jester ducks it, pivots and Georgie with his entire bodyweight behind him starts to plummet towards the mat and impacts with a great thud. And then the Jester was on him before he could pick himself up off the floor he has him by his legs, is it, yes it is, Jester's going for the Lion Tamer!

Jobbing like a champ 2d6 = 6, +1 Momentum for 7. Gain +1 Momentum

The Lion Tamer doesn't hurt that much really, but you couldn't tell from the way Georgie was acting, he yells, and he struggles, and he claws for the ropes but he just, cannot, handle it! And he is tapping! And at that point it is over.

The Jester Win via Submission!

Momentum +2, Heat +4 with Jester
+1 Audience get! Georgie reaches +2 Audience

I think we did this right

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 5, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

The Jester

The Jester's Lion Tamer looks pretty shaky. As if Georgie's on the verge of escaping at any second but can't quite manage it. The Jester is blown, panting, and struggling, but he has this match in the bag. Just. It had looked for a long time as if Georgie was going to win, but he taps out eventually, with The Jester wanting to collapse. And to bounce. Cheers and boos from the audience both as The Jester slumps, clearly exhausted as his hand is raised in triumph by the referee.

Finisher: 2d6=6 - spend 4 points of momentum to upgrade that to a 10. He'll gain +1 Audience to hit +4

(Ending a match with +4 Heat for a further +1 Audience, and The Jester hits +4 - and gains the Student of the Game move.)

A blown Jester lets his hand be raised, clearly winded and panting, and as soon as it's dropped he walks over to his fallen opponent, raising Georgie's hand and gesturing upwards, to raise the level of cheering. The audience is on its feet, and spontaneous chants of "Just Wrestle" break out. In a low voice The Jester says to Georgie "Any more audience reactions like that and they'll have to promote you."

Work the Audience: 2d6+4=14 +2 Momemntum

The match itself was a bit of a shoot. It was meant to be light, fluffy, and silly, as a warmup. Instead between the two of them they have thrown down a gauntlet to the rest of the roster. Challenging those higher up the card to do better than that. But when the audience is booing your gimmick and instead cheering you on to "just wrestle", what can you do?

Dare To Be Stupid strikes up once more as the wrestlers leave the ring and head up the walkway to cheers.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 5, 2015

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Oops; I didn't realize the match ended. Things have been crazy at work, with a big transition. 'll work on setting up the next thing soon.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

You know for a moment there I thought we were dead in the water.

But I am glad that we can keep this gravy train rolling.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

When Jester grabs the shaving foam, Zack exclaims gleefully
"Ha! Here's comes that shaving foam! "
"Really? You like it?"
"Wha? You don't?"
"It's so silly."
"That's because you're no fun. You probably hate clowns."
"I don't hate clowns. The audience apparently agrees with me. Listen to them boo."
"Here comes the Lion tamer!" Zack calls out. "And that's 3. Jester wins!"
"Defeated by a clown, how embarrassing."
"That was an interesting fight."
"Seemed to get kind of serious for a fight with a clown. Never underestimate the clown."

The jumbotron once again lights up and a theme song plays.

"Ladies and gentlemen" a voice booms. " From Venice beach, weighing 190 pounds, Officer Annie".
Officer Annie, a light framed woman dressed in a tank top with "PD" on the front, cargo pants and on a police cap. On her belt is a pair of handcuffs and a nightstick. Around her neck is a police whistle. Her expression is serious as she slowly walks to the ring. Along the way she will do a "pistols" or "thumbs up" to kids. She tells them to "stay in school, don't do drugs".

She enters the ring, and then another entrance cue starts.

"Hailing from Black Rock City, Nevada, weighing in at 210 pounds [This is a placeholder weight], Dorien Mandrake!"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

What's happening backstage? And is anyone politicking with anyone else?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

neonchameleon posted:

What's happening backstage? And is anyone politicking with anyone else?

^Good question.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Foolster41 posted:

"Hailing from Black Rock City, Nevada, weighing in at 210 pounds [This is a placeholder weight], Dorien Mandrake!"

The lights go black as Dorian's music hits, the fog machine kicking in with a series of lights giving it a look of a dustcloud. Dorian pushes through the smoke with exaggerated moves of his arms. Other than a pair of torn up shorts and a pair of work boots, the rest of him glows a variety of neon colors as he moves through the fog. He squats down at the top of the ramp, looking out unimpressed at what appears to be his opponent for quite a while before standing back up. The lights stay down as he wanders to the ring, effortlessly avoiding the hands of the fans as he makes his way into the ring.

Once into the ring, Dorian pulls a seat on the top rope, staring blankly across the ring while waiting for the match to start.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"Looks like Annie wants him to come down, but he's not doing it." Zack says.
"Are we going to have a fight here or what?"

When he doesn't move, she rushes at him. This isn't her first fight, and she knows what's coming next, she spins to the side. She still doesn't quite move quick enough and gets grazed by Dorien's boot, but not as bad as a foolish rookie might. She stumbles foreward.
"Oh, down he goes!" Zack says, as Doiren falls back out of the ring.

She climbs the rope, and puts both her fist in the air to get the crowd. then gets ready to do a body slam. But Dorien rolls out of the way at the last moment and she hits the ground hard.

"Ouw. Probibly shoulnd't have spent so much time showing off" Bobby says.

Both are still badly staggered, it takes a moment for both to get up, at around the same time. Dorien gets in a hard right hand, but then Annie replies with her signature: the Busted (a double closed first chop) which sends Dorien reeling back.

"Annie's looking confident here." Zack says. She goes in for another busted, but is countered with a left hand before she can hit. She reels back now against the ring. He hits her with a boot to the midsection and goes down. Dorien picks her up and rolls her into the ring."

Dorien takes Annie by the neck and swings her for a Man on Fire, slamming her down. He gets up to his feet, and then just moments too late sees a figure behind him, a warning from Zack too is too late, before he is struck hard on the back of the head with a chair.

"Oooh. Here comes Jordan with a chair!"
Jordan stands over him, the grabs a microphone.

"Hi Dorrien. You said this was nothing personal. You kept saying it. Nothing personal. Trust me, what you did to me last week was personal. There's no way it wasn't. I had no beef with you before." He shrugs. "Now I guess I do." "What you did, ambushing me like that lacked class. You want me to stoop to your level?" At this he physically stoops down to come closer to Dorien. "Well, I can do that. You are jealous. Jealous of my money and success. I get that. I earned every penny of it . I got mine, and if you're not happy with what you got, you're welcome to try to take it. Hey. Nothing personal. " With that Jordan starts to do a kick, but stops himself, shaking his head. He drops the mic and starts to walk out.

The injured Annie has already managed to roll out of the ring and get away, somewhere.

((This is the real match. It's now to you how to respond. I'm not sure if this is a shoot or work. ))

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 10, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Dorian sells the beating for a moment, allowing Jordan to finish his promo and letting him move closer to the ropes before hitting him with a running knee lift to the back. As he bounces backwards off the ropes to the mat, picking up the mic that was left behind. He continues to sell the chairshot, wobbling as he speaks. "Hope you got your overpriced sugar coffee already. They don't serve that (bleep) in the hospitals, even here in Seattle. Ring the bell, ref."

+1 Momentum for cheap heat.

As the match begins, the two get into the middle of the ring with a collar-and-elbow tie-up. The bigger Jordan pushes Dorian into the ropes, shooting him to the other side, missing the smaller man with two different clotheslines before Dorian goes low, taking Jordan out at the knee before following up with a few punches on the downed man. Dorian speaks quietly to Jordan, looking at the ring. "Work this one slowly, man. Lemme catch back up."

Wrestling (Work): Wrestling - Work: 2d6 10
+1 Heat with Jordan, keep control

Dorian switches into a side headlock, getting himself and Jordan back up. Jordan backs Dorian up into the corner, which switches back and forth until the ref comes in to give them a five count to break the holds. As the ref physically tries to seperate the two of them, Dorian sneaks an eye gouge into Jordan's eye before slipping out of the ring to avoid Jordan's reaction.

Wrestling (Look):Wrestling - Look: 2d6+1 7
+1 momentum, give control to Jordan.
Momentum 3, Audience 1

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Jordan springs back against the ropes and flies forward with a midsection dropkick that connects. He quickly springs to his feet, picks Dorien up. He strikes him on the head with a left and then turns him and slams him with a DDT. Jordan gets up again and climbs the turnbuckle, readying himself to do his signature finishing move, the bow tie bomb (a variation of the Senton bomb).

((Booking: Jordan wins))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Dorian takes the pin, immediately kicking out right as the hand hits three. He rolls out of the ring, muscling the ring announcer away from the mic without too much trouble, not even bothering to wait to check to see if the mic was live before going into what was most likely something he came up with between the moment he heard the finish and now.

"Jordan, you talking about -earning- things would be funny if it wasn't so drat sad. You and your old money club back there, you talk a lot about how you've earned everything you've got. You haven't earned a goddamn thing, like every other millionaire in the world. You got lucky. Where you were born, where you grew up, how you got through life. You and your kind, spending a season's worth of rent and food for some overpriced piece of clothing. Twenty times that on a new car. You have the nerve to come out here, shake the right hands, make the right friends and continue to pretend that you earned this. The only thing you earned today is the amount of poo poo we're going to get on the internet tonight after that hot garbage. You're so afraid someone without money, without support from the big boys, might make a name for themselves without knowing the secret millionaire's handshake that you wouldn't give us a chance to go out there and make something."

Dorian pauses for a moment, finding the nearest camera looking at him. "Congrats on your win, hope it was money well spent."

Using Play to the Crowd, playing up the modern struggle of income inequality in a wrestling-friendly way.
Play to the Crowd: 2d6 6 Spending 1 momentum to get a 7.
Calling out Jordan, obviously, leading to another match next week.
Heat: +2 with Jordan
Momentum: 2
Audience: 2 (typo in old post)

• Locked thread