Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't boat recreationally. I'm a boat junkie. I spent all my money on boats and boating related products and now I'm homeless and sucking dick just for cheap bottled boats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Canoe owner here. It kicks rear end and the wife loves it. Also Wear sunscreen you nerds! Check classifieds, that's where I got mine for under 500 bucks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a canoe is not a real boat you flimsy clown rear end pretender

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'll give any one of you guys a rusty trombone if I can fondle a mooring line for five minutes.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'll race you around the block, jerk!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Im gonna buy a folding kayak soon.

Gonna do some river adventures.

No rapids.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im so god drat jealous of mr.jayz and ms.beyonce

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Edgar posted:

Canoe owner here. It kicks rear end and the wife loves it. Also Wear sunscreen you nerds! Check classifieds, that's where I got mine for under 500 bucks.

Your wife is lying to you. What else is she lying about?

And why would you spend $500 on sunscreen?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
some people are just living better lives, straight up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEm3UtZtXKo

"hmm, yes, im gonna make a 5 billion dollar boat for myself"

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Zzulu posted:

big motorboats suck and are for certified faggots, anyone with any class gets a sailboat

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Your wife is lying to you. What else is she lying about?

And why would you spend $500 on sunscreen?

I don't dare buy those nasty processed stuff sold in the stores. Handcrafted artisan sunscreen made from human placentas. Expensive but worth it!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"the yacht is decorated with bones of dinosaurs, tiny meteors and 100.000kg of gold and platinum"

yes, of course

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Dave Concepcion posted:

boats own, the ocean owns, retards who hate either or both can build an ugly house with mismatched windows on swampland or buy a condo in dallas and sit there until they eventually die

oh man gently caress THE OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!>>>

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

we had tons of boats growing up.

they were fun.

i could water ski at like 3.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Dave Concepcion posted:

big motorboats suck and are for certified faggots, anyone with any class gets a sailboat

It ceases to be a boat and becomes a ship at that point. And there's a joke rattling around somewhere about that whole million dollar boat rug thing versus dying baby argument somewhere, but it's probably too dated by now.

Otherwise, yep, if you were a rich celebrity wanting to murder another rich celebrity, a boat is the way to do it. Club them over the head, weigh their body down, throw it overboard, float along for a few dozen nautical miles, then report some "terrible accident!".

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

psyopmonkey posted:

Im gonna buy a folding kayak soon.

Gonna do some river adventures.

No rapids.

folders get old reeeaaal fast. They're the little boat that makes you as angry as a big one!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i wish i had a small motorboat

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't do boat recreationally I use boat to calm my stomach and I boat often to keep my tolerance up because I don't like getting too hosed up from boating.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I tried to recreate a canoe in Blender once, but it didn't come out well.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Thursday Next posted:

no one should own a boat

everyone should have a friend who owns a boat

a conundrum
growing up, my dad's friend owned a boat, and he'd takes us out to lakes. it owned since we didnt have to deal with maintenance/storage/transport. its kinda amazing how much trouble it is to keep one working condition so yea, unless you have more money than sense you shouldn't own one, just know someone who does :hfive:

we did have jet skis growing up (a 90s as gently caress thing), holy poo poo they were fun for the 10 days out of the year they actually worked out of the 355 days they didn't work. nothing quite like drinking a sobe, grilling some dogs along the shore and zipping around on the water.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Myron Baloney posted:

folders get old reeeaaal fast. They're the little boat that makes you as angry as a big one!

Oh... Well I need something portable. Im taking the AmTrak down to Salem, Or and im gonna take the river back to Portland. What would you suggest?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My dad owns like two or three boats. But he is a fisherman so they're all purely occupational tools and pretty small.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xaris posted:

growing up, my dad's friend owned a boat, and he'd takes us out to lakes. it owned since we didnt have to deal with maintenance/storage/transport. its kinda amazing how much trouble it is to keep one working condition so yea, unless you have more money than sense you shouldn't own one, just know someone who does :hfive:

boat squatting 101

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
like seriously if you want to buy a boat just take 10% of what you think you'll pay for it, hand it to a buddy and say "take me out on your boat now and then". your cost/hour will be less than if you purchased a real boat and you will have none of the heartache and purchasing quantity 192 of this particular wood screw that is $0.75 apiece because there's a squeak in the foredeck

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Pic of me and my boat

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
we have the third most registered boats by state, got a little fishing boat for next to nothing and i use this boat for fishing and drinking in my boat

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Advanced Elements AE1012-R
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J2Q0C6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_atI5ub1PD8BWS

I wanna get that one.

:shrug:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Zzulu posted:

In a lot of the places here people pull their boats up on land and cover them up, either in like a big sheet or they have a building in a boatclub for them etc

like, when summertime is over all these boats for example are usually hooked up to a thing that is hooked up to a car and then the owners can take the boats to like, "Boat Parking Lots" where they can store them over winter or if they own a really small boat they can maybe even fit it in their own garage

do you ever pretend you are a viking? when i one day visit sweden and go boating i am going to pretend i am a viking

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
sometimes i travel to the UK and rape a bunch of people while wearing chainmail if that counts

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
zzulu, can i come live with you. can i get a gay green card or something? my ancestors made a mistake coming to america and leaving scandinavia

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

This boat was moored outside the Boca Beach Club when I was there last spring. It's every bit as impressive as you might imagine.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is it legal to drive a boat while so drunk I can barely stand and have poo poo myself?

If it is, I might be interested in one of these so called "boats".

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
when i go to the arab owned party store i pretend i am trading along the silk road before i rob him with a sword

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

spud posted:

Is it legal to drive a boat while so drunk I can barely stand and have poo poo myself?

You better believe it. You can't get a DUI on the water because there are no buildings to run into.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

spud posted:

It's not here, technically, but there are very few police on the waters so people do it anyway

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
gently caress boats that don't squeak. That's like the entire point.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

It's not here, technically, but there are very few police on the waters so people do it anyway

The correct answer is, drinking while boating is illegal, but we pretend to obey the law while the cops pretend to enforce it. Without beer/booze there is literally zero reason to own or go on a boat

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pauline Kael posted:

The correct answer is, drinking while boating is illegal, but we pretend to obey the law while the cops pretend to enforce it. Without beer/booze there is literally zero reason to own or go on a boat

this is why fishing simultaneously owns, its boring as poo poo when you go out with your dad/grandpa at 5 years old with nothing but an stale pb&j and root beer, but it owns when you're that the dad/grandpa with a 12 pack of beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Stoic Commie posted:

when i go to the arab owned party store i pretend i am trading along the silk road before i rob him with a sword

its called a liquor store you dirty michigander

• Locked thread