Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012
I've said in another thread that for me, Assassin's Creed is a big offender in the modern video game industry bug-bear of 'sequels, remakes and 'remasterings' that end up just shuffling their feet in place rather than offering anything new.

I also noted that Black Flag was probably the best game in the entire series, and I stand by that. This game does a lot of stuff right and is really what I think of when I think of good, proper sequels. It improves on previous design elements, it gives us an interesting plot that is actually somewhat different from other plots (a main character who actually spends a surprising amount of the plot having nothing much at all to do with the Assassin's) and new gameplay elements! Not to mention, this game begins the delightful process of loving putting the future bullshit to the backburner! Black Flag and, somehow, even Unity manage to pull off what I had been wanting: for the future plot poo poo to be either tossed out or, at the very least, put to the side.

Plus, Edward Kenway is probably the best Assassin player character yet made by the series, and was leagues better than III's.

So yeah, looking forward to this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread