Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

Right! It's bonkin' time! I loves a bit of bonkin'!
I really considered getting this game, but by the third iteration I was done with the general AC gameplay, and - despite much praise the sailing mechanics received - I simply couldn't bring myself to play it.

The fact that Ubisoft abandoned the unique gameplay style in their next game (and probably all future games for the foreseeable future) doesn't give me hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

JackNapier posted:

One reason I loved Black Flag so much is that I'm a huge history buff, and my favorite period of time in history has always been the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean

As for many people, it was the historical detail that kept people wanting to play AC games (certainly for me). Even for me, who hasn't played the game, I'm glad Black Flag details Carribbean piracy without the whole thing turning into Captain Pugwash (at least, from what I've seen so far).

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

So Black Flag is a better Assassin's game overall than The Adventures of Ezio: Part III is what you're saying? :smugdog:

Cool, I still haven't gone round to playing an Assassin's game since AC3, so I really should give Black Flag a try.

• Locked thread