Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I just went through the ballache of setting up a US PSN account and buying psn cards because the game and season pass cost basically the same as just the loving game on the UK store.

Will you get it earlier, though? I think UK gets it the 27th, same as PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah, 23rd so 24th I guess after timezone poo poo.

Works for me because I have the week off and was otherwise booked for the weekend so I can get some time in.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Anyone know when steam will allow you to preload Xv?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Esroc posted:

Anyone know when steam will allow you to preload Xv?

I don't know this one. Some rumors are saying 9:00 PM the day before? The game is like 10gb. I think you can already pre-load it on Xbone.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 21, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Firstborn posted:

1 accessory at a time, because some of them have stat bonuses. They didn't want people getting crazy stat bonuses by equipping everything at once.

That's a shame...I wish you could have one that would give you the stat bonus and then a couple more cosmetic-only slots...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

jivjov posted:

That's a shame...I wish you could have one that would give you the stat bonus and then a couple more cosmetic-only slots...

To be fair, that's just asking for clipping issues.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea you know if that was the case half of us would make CAPE HAT MAN THE MAN WITH TEN CAPES AND TWENTY HATS and make the devs cry.

Also I don't know if this final, burning, question has been answered yet.

Is it possible to make a female saiyan with Nappa's voice? Come on, don't let me down, I can already make a bearded midget monkey lady.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lizard Wizard posted:

To be fair, that's just asking for clipping issues.

Not if things occupying the same physical space were disallowed. I mean, its just disappointing that you can't toss a scouter on someone who has a halo, or give the cool insect wings to a guy wearing Gero's hat.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

jivjov posted:

Not if things occupying the same physical space were disallowed. I mean, its just disappointing that you can't toss a scouter on someone who has a halo, or give the cool insect wings to a guy wearing Gero's hat.

Well, it's not like it's coming out on PC or anything. :v:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
So, interesting things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRh_EN7KdQ

DLC characters' moves are kinda surprising. GT Goku has a costume with Kid Goku's moves + Super Saiyan, GT Trunks is just a costume for regular Trunks but has the Para Para Boogie, Pan has a rather neat "dodge + beam" attack as well as the Para Para Boogie, and Nova Shenron has an ultimate that looks to be really drat cool and seems fairly strong.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oooh, Nuova and Eis? That's pretty interesting.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Maybe Kid Goku's SSJ costume is actually Goku Jr.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going to end up spending another 25 bucks on the Season Pass, aren't I?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mr E posted:

You haven't already?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Size affects speed? Oh boy, I see where this is going.

Here's my prediction: within a month you will see more-or-less clone armies of the tiniest possible characters of a given race, all with basically identical moves that have been painstakingly researched and declared the best.

Despite that, I'm still tempted to get it somehow.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Well, I'm going to make the character with the most perfect name for DBZ. Max Power. :v:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Tallgeese posted:

Here's my prediction: within a month you will see more-or-less clone armies of the tiniest possible characters of a given race, all with basically identical moves that have been painstakingly researched and declared the best.

Despite that, I'm still tempted to get it somehow.

Cuts both ways though, little guys don't punch as hard.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Tallgeese posted:

Not only height, but weight/buffness. There's definitely optimal ways to build a character for what your intentions are between the broad strokes of "ki control" and "punch a dude", but I don't see anyone making MLG no-scope Destructo Disc builds for quite a while if it ever becomes a thing in the first.

There's a bonus and a malus for everything that isn't average weight & height.

E: It's a little easier to make tier lists for Supers and Ultimates. I can see there being some stagnation in how people load their character in order to achieve/copy a certain thing they saw.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 21, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr E posted:

This is the first season pass I've ever bought (Although that is possibly because I was buying cross region to save money and realised the season pass bundle was only £5 more than buying the base game on my home region)

Also first psn pre order.

Game looks totally tits.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Style-wise, I really like the look of the Saiyan Saga Spirit Bomb, Bardock's Ultimate, and I like the vanish + karate chop.

Karate Chop is at 2:25, and the Spirit Bomb is right after.
Bardock's is at 00:51. I also really like the look of Nappa's Volcano Explosion two-finger thing and Final Flash.

I kind of like the generic looking ones, too, though. If they are obscure enough, I can pretend they are my character's. :anime:

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 22, 2015

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
For the life of me I can't understand Dimps' obsession with the Para Para Brothers, but if this culminates in their outfits being unlockable costumes I am so okay with it. Between the GT stigma and the ridiculous pink bra looking things, its the perfect griefing outfit.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Bee posted:

For the life of me I can't understand Dimps' obsession with the Para Para Brothers, but if this culminates in their outfits being unlockable costumes I am so okay with it. Between the GT stigma and the ridiculous pink bra looking things, its the perfect griefing outfit.

The Para Para brothers are one of the very few memorable things about GT is what it boils down to I think.

Also they shoulda made DLC Pan have access to Super Saiyan. The tears from certain grognardy parts of the fandom would have been great.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I sound like a broken record but... her outfit is available to CACs if you want to make Multiverse Pan or Future Pan or something.

Then you can be the Pan now.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm not going to buy a Dragon Ball game, right? Someone tell me I'm not going to buy a Dragon Ball game. I don't want to... go back to that place.

... I'm going to buy a Dragon Ball game, aren't I? :smith:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
^^^You're going to buy it. Because, the Hero is Goku? No! The Hero is YOU!

Firstborn posted:

I sound like a broken record but... her outfit is available to CACs if you want to make Multiverse Pan or Future Pan or something.

Only disappointment here is the hair choice, doesn't get the spiky Super Saiyan thing.

Still kinda odd that she hasn't gotten it yet, given DBO, Heroes, and now Xenoverse's originals.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Firstborn posted:

Then you can be the Pan now.

Too busy being Alternate Universe Frieza. There's only so much fanfic energy to go around :colbert:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

StrifeHira posted:

^^^You're going to buy it. Because, the Hero is Goku? No! The Hero is YOU!

Having read the Op and discovered the fact that one of the male voices is literally Ghost Nappa, yes, I will be buying it. I just don't know if on PC for mods and such or PS4 to hide my shame.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

StrifeHira posted:

So, interesting things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRh_EN7KdQ

DLC characters' moves are kinda surprising. GT Goku has a costume with Kid Goku's moves + Super Saiyan, GT Trunks is just a costume for regular Trunks but has the Para Para Boogie, Pan has a rather neat "dodge + beam" attack as well as the Para Para Boogie, and Nova Shenron has an ultimate that looks to be really drat cool and seems fairly strong.

Was that Trunks using Kamehameha?? I always thought of GT Trunks as the lamest one and that just cements it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Don't know about the Season Pass, but I'm definitely getting the first DLC since I'm one of those freaks that actually kinda likes GT.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
Is there a place to get a cheap PC copy of this? I've only seen it on Steam thus far. I checked GMG and Nuuvem but didn't see it on either. Is it a Steam only title on PC? I'll buy it either way but I like saving :10bux:.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rylek posted:

Is there a place to get a cheap PC copy of this? I've only seen it on Steam thus far. I checked GMG and Nuuvem but didn't see it on either. Is it a Steam only title on PC? I'll buy it either way but I like saving :10bux:.

I think Steam is your only option. I want to say it's an exclusive for now. Scroll all the way down and it has a Steam logo, not some PC logo.

http://www.dragonballxenoverse.com/en/

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
I remember laughing when I first heard about this game. Now I'm figuring out if my laptop could run it well enough or if it'd just be easier to get it on PS4.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Rumour is that the 2nd DLC will be Revival of F content. I hope it's true. :ohdear:

I really don't want anyone to succumb to Goon hyperbole, so I think it'd be healthy to talk about the stuff I don't like / stuff that is dumb:

- If you want to make Batman, Zack Morris, Naruto, or Sad Keanu Reeves... it'll be very difficult. The items are very Dragonball, so this isn't like Mass Effect or Skyrim or something where you can make your dude look like Ned Stark or play the game as Rocky Balboa with down syndrome.

- The fighting mechanics aren't as deep or from a pedigree as established as a Capcom fighter, or Tekken, or anything like that. There is depth to it, there is strategy, but don't expect this game at EVO 2014.

- The roster has straight-up questionable characters missing. Android 16, 19, Gero, and a bunch of movie villains.

- Cell and Freeza can't transform in battle. 1/2/3 Freeza & Imperfect/Semi-Perfect Cell forms aren't even selectable. You can't progress from SSJ1 -> 2 -> 3. Characters have 1 SSJ form on their Ultimate list, and transform directly into that one.

- There are some clothing items (identified as "iconic outfits") that you can't color.

- SSJ hair for CACs doesn't change. It just turns gold.

- Saiyan tails are attached to Saiyan armor.

I just don't want anyone to be disappointed. DBZ fans will be thrilled, for sure. I have been forthcoming with anything I do know, and haven't lied or embellished about anything. Bamco is not paying me or anything.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 22, 2015

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I'm torn between getting this for PS3 on Tuesday for instant gratification or waiting till Friday for PC. Any big differences between either version I should be aware of?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

iastudent posted:

I'm torn between getting this for PS3 on Tuesday for instant gratification or waiting till Friday for PC. Any big differences between either version I should be aware of?

PC has better graphics, and the possibility of mod support down the road. I'm not sure what the community of PS3 will be like.. but I suspect it'll be a younger crowd. Just a hunch.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Firstborn posted:

There is depth to it, there is strategy, but don't expect this game at EVO 2014.
I'd rather watch this than Smash.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
It's really weird to think the badass looking pink underwater demon thing in the OP is the same race as that fatass Buu, but I need to play one of them now.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

cams posted:

I'd rather watch this than Smash.

I can't believe I said 2014. Been a long rear end day...

(and I agree with you)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No matter how removed I am from my DBZ obsessed childhood the nostalgia for this poo poo is so intense I can't help but need this game. Any word on if it's going to be 60fps/1080p on PS4? That would be a nice bonus and look really great for the effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Kilometers Davis posted:

No matter how removed I am from my DBZ obsessed childhood the nostalgia for this poo poo is so intense I can't help but need this game. Any word on if it's going to be 60fps/1080p on PS4? That would be a nice bonus and look really great for the effects.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/06/21/dimps-goal-dragon-ball-xenoverse-run-1080p-60fps-ps4-xbox-one/
I am an old dumb human, so I can't tell just by looking at it, but it's pretty. Some sources say last gen is capped at 30 fps.

E: Someone said it was confirmed at 60 fps for PC. Trying to find an article.
E2: Apparently it was said on the Bandaigames stream. I don't know why it's not confirmed anywhere. Sorry. :(

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 22, 2015

• Locked thread