Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Megaspel posted:

Having to use GIMP on the uni linux machines was the worst experience of my life. Everything is so unbelievable unintuitive, like someone had said, "hey, how can we make this not conform to anything in the world?" then went on to piss all over itself.

wrap ur head around this: I've used gimp for so long, Photoshop feels unintuitive and weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

its funny how much in photoshop 1.0 is still around becuase it feels so right

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Smythe posted:

wrap ur head around this: I've used gimp for so long, Photoshop feels unintuitive and weird

i'm sorry foss has broken you smythe :ohdear:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i like how something as simple as deselect has to have such a complicated keyboard shortcut (in gimp)

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Isn't the UI Toolkit used by current Adobe products basically Flash? Do native toolkits that aren't as buggy and inconsistent not allow you to change the value of a pixel?

Sauer fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 21, 2015

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
with some layers thrown in and maybe a usable text editor id be down with using PS 1.0

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 395 days!

Smythe posted:

this was me about a year ago & i do not miss those dark days

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rear end cobra posted:

with some layers thrown in and maybe a usable text editor id be down with using PS 1.0

so photoshop 5 then

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 395 days!
the only reason GIMP feels more intuitive is because it has so few tools and such stunted capability by comparison

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 395 days!
GIMP wouldnt recognize my tablet if i used any other input device to start the program lol

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

you cant gimp your way out of a contract job so lol paper bags and gunnar glasses and poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im a gimp and inkscape man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
KDENLIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

hey hey hey HEY hey

gently caress GIMP

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

wrap it up paint.netailures

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

pixelmator dont got poo poo...ON ME

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Photoshope 4 LYFE

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

just look at dat

sexy toolbar

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

uguhnnahhgngnn

what would I do without you?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im all about kdenlive, sony vegas, uh, whats the foss color corretcor tool? is there one?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

smythe, you're a good IK, but you and me, professionally, we are DONE

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
paint tool sai

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pagancow i respect ur work as a entertainment pro. and i rly like ur use of powerful windows compys to get done by 5. if i worked for a org that made a dime hell ide make em shell out for some serious software but hell. i work in live theatre my man. i aint got a single cent to spend. so its FOSS for me. ive come to like it, as a lie i tell myself so i can sleep well. do i get done by 5? no. but i work till 9 any ways. i cast the plays and work the box office. i do the contracts and fix the lighting instruments. thats my life boss. thats the FOSS life.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Steal the software, Smythe. It's not morally wrong.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

wesley snypes posted:

GIMP wouldnt recognize my tablet if i used any other input device to start the program lol
oh man i remember that poo poo. inkscape does the same thing. and then when you get your tablet working, you get a literal table of checkboxes to work with for tweaking how pen pressure changes the brush

atomicthumbs posted:

paint tool sai
lmao

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 395 days!

pagancow posted:

just look at dat

sexy toolbar

wheres your line tool???

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

shift drag

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Smythe posted:

pagancow i respect ur work as a entertainment pro. and i rly like ur use of powerful windows compys to get done by 5. if i worked for a org that made a dime hell ide make em shell out for some serious software but hell. i work in live theatre my man. i aint got a single cent to spend. so its FOSS for me. ive come to like it, as a lie i tell myself so i can sleep well. do i get done by 5? no. but i work till 9 any ways. i cast the plays and work the box office. i do the contracts and fix the lighting instruments. thats my life boss. thats the FOSS life.

thanks

now gas the catte thread and become one with the paganside

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

thanks

now gas the catte thread and become one with the paganside

more complicated than I'd like for that. Cat thread is out of my reach right now, but, as YOSPOS reforms, I hope it will become an environment that's no longer hospitable to cat threads

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i own but never use pixelmator

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Smythe posted:

more complicated than I'd like for that. Cat thread is out of my reach right now, but, as YOSPOS reforms, I hope it will become an environment that's no longer hospitable to cat threads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJJo-VBPZM

dooo eeeett

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

pagancow posted:

just look at dat

sexy toolbar

i dont know what any of those things are

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what is the difference between a paintbrush and a paintbrush with a circle around it?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
you can undo, but only in specific places in the form of a brush

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Macaw is interesting, but missing a loooot.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

someone is telling me inkscape is way better than illustrator.
i'm not convinced.

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

Smythe posted:

i am bob cratchit eating cat food

Now I feel bad for making fun of foss dudes all the time :smith:

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

i cant remember whether its gimp or paint. Net, where you resize something and it happens instantly, then you "apply" the transformation and it throws up a progress bar that takes 5 days. Even tho it's already resize??.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Smythe posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Dicky B posted:

i cant remember whether its gimp or paint. Net, where you resize something and it happens instantly, then you "apply" the transformation and it throws up a progress bar that takes 5 days. Even tho it's already resize??.
krita does the same thing fyi

• Locked thread