Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
SAS Baseball Sheep - Spring Training

Hello, folks! With the end of the long, cold winter (it is 77 and rising here in California), baseball's sluggish sluggers are coming out of hibernation into the lands of cactus and grapefruit. In less than two months, the 2015 regular season will be upon us. Who knows what the future will bring! Do you?

The sheep game before you asks you to judge what will happen in the 2015 season and to reassess the Posting Issues of the past winter. With that in mind - let's sheep it up!

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game. This is often, though not always, jeffersonlives.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! "Beer" once won best stadium food! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! Does "who" mean a team or a player? Who knows! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of SAS will.

Email your answers along with your username (seriously guys) to SASsheepgame@gmail.com (there's a whole mess of s in there, so get it right, scrub).

You have until 11pm Pacific Time, Tuesday, February 24 to send in your entries (but the earlier the better from my personal POV). The sheep reveal will start around 6:00pm Pacific Time, Wednesday, February 25. The reveal will be done question by question in this very thread, and is by far the most fun part of the game - so mark your calendars!

The Questions:

1. This MLB team won’t be nearly as good in 2015 as other people think they will be.
2. Who will be the 2015 AL Cy Young winner?
3. FoodChat: the single best hot dog condiment other than mustard is _____________.
4. This MLB player didn’t have a great 2014 but I bet his 2015 will be excellent.
5. CubaChat: The first MLB team in Cuba will obviously be named the _____________________.
6. Who will be the overall best rookie of the 2015 season?
7. In the 2014-2015 offseason, which free agent got a way better deal than he should have?
8. PeteRoseChat: Describe Pete Rose in just one word.
9. The 2015 NL MVP will be ______________.
10. RuleChat: Steroids? Defensive shifts? No. If I were Rob Manfred, I would try to eradicate ___________ from the game.
11. The _______________ will win the 2015 World Series.
12. A-RodChat: What will A-Rod be apologizing for in February 2016?

Please don't discuss potential answers as it may affect how people answer!

Where applicable, similar answers will be grouped together entirely at my arbitrary and capricious discretion.

Remember, you have until 11pm Pacific Time, Tuesday, February 24 to send in your entries to SASsheepgame@gmail.com and the reveal will start around 6:00pm Pacific Time, Wednesday, February 25.

If you have ideas for future questions (there will probably be another game or two mid-season if people want), feel free to recommend those to me as well - #10, for example, is adapted from a question Inspector Poop sent me.

here is a dumb comic I found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Answers sent, I missed this game.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Hell yeah folks, I love this stuff. Answers sent and thanks for organizing this whole mess as always!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
gently caress yes. Answers sent.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Submitted. Thanks for running this.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
submitted. The wait afterward always feels soooo long.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Submitted yesterday, my first time doing one of these games.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
These are excellent and difficult questions. Looking forward to the reveal.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Submitted. Love these.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Submitted. Don't let me down on question 12, guys.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Entry sent, bumping so this gets more attention.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Submitted my stupid rear end answers.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Sent mine in!

Spanish doesn't translate a certain phrase very well, but I did my best for one of those answers!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Sent in my ballot

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Turned in a ballot. Will be fun to see what everyone put!

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Submitted a couple days ago. Bumping.

edit: I feel like I'm at an advantage as I joined when I was 16 and have had my mind and psyche influenced largely by these forums :suicide:

canadianclassic fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 22, 2015

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Hopefully I do better than last time (I won't)

pfunkdaddy
Nov 19, 2004

*makes it rain*
Sent. This is my first time too, so be gentle with me.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Forget pitchers and catchers, this is the real start of baseball season. Submitted my answers.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I feel like this round's questions were way less rife for joke material than the last few. Hopefully everyone will prove me wrong.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
With Jeffersonlives posting way less often, are we in line for someone else to "win"?

(He's totally going to swoop in and nail 11 top answers.)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Answers sent. I love the sheep games so much.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I'm in, let's go base ball.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I feel like this round's questions were way less rife for joke material than the last few. Hopefully everyone will prove me wrong.

I don't know, I think you all will enjoy some of my answers.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

ArtVandelay posted:

I don't know, I think you all will enjoy some of my answers.

We usually do.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hey Xenophon, I realized I flipped my 6 and 7 answers when I sent them to you. I e-mailed you the change. Can you input it before the reveal?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Time to place squarely in the 15th percentile again with my patented mix of Pirates homer answers and jokes that aren't as good as everyone else's :cool:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I've never been so excited to be on a work trip overnight before. That means I can give my undivided attention to the Sheep reveal tomorrow night.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

We'll see how we do. One of my New Year's resolutions was to watch more baseball this year; living in Indians territory makes that hard to do by June (because they've traditionally been poo poo).

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Hey Xenophon, I realized I flipped my 6 and 7 answers when I sent them to you. I e-mailed you the change. Can you input it before the reveal?

No problem!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Answers sent - I can never decide between trying to win and trying to be funny, so I made sure to do neither.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Sent!

Some of them I wanted to be funny but, like my favorite team, I had to take an extremely misguided approach to trying to win.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Next sheep question is which unexpected player will have tommy john in 2015

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Sent because why not.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just sent my entry.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Just sent mine in. Thanks for doing this!

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Last chance

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This sounds fun. I just sent my entry in.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I can guarantee all my answers would be bad, but I'm excited for the reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

wow almost missed this

• Locked thread