Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you think about your job?
op, my work is meaningful/valuable and i enjoy it
i enjoy my work however it is not meaningful to me
i do not enjoy my work on a day-to-day basis but i believe it to be meaningful
my job is a piece of poo poo
View Results

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

always use check box polls, op

what is your answer out of the included four options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

posting is my job, lowtax pays me because i'm so good

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

i live off the gobberment

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

i live off the gobberment

this is a thread for people with jobs

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
most of the time my job is flippin sweet but one time i got charged by a bull lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

most of the time my job is flippin sweet but one time i got charged by a bull lol

You got charged with sexual assault.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Its a good excuse to finish homework because there is barely any work involved other than look around the lab every 30 minutes to make sure someone didn't jack something.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

this is a thread for people with jobs

i play eq 16 hours a day its like a job

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
CORPRET SLAVERY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lawman 0 posted:

Its a good excuse to finish homework because there is barely any work involved other than look around the lab every 30 minutes to make sure someone didn't jack something.

I bet you're the only one jacking.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

JebanyPedal posted:

You got charged with sexual assault.

yeah but this was a different time

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

TEAYCHES posted:

1. Go gently caress yourself.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mentos Dan posted:

Jesus man.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mentos Dan posted:

rude

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

I bet you're the only one jacking.

not the first person to make this joke.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
also one time i was at work and i had a raging UTI and the only place to pee was a silage field and i was like HHHRRRNNNGH lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lawman 0 posted:

literally not the first person to make this joke.

Figuratively I was the first one TO SUCK YOUR ANUS.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I do nothing all day, I read gbs and novels. I'm going to change my job later this year.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I like my job, but the guy who owns the store is having some kind of psychotic episode because all he does know is scream and curse at random people about things that never happened so I don't think I'm gonna have a job much longer.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I like my job, but the guy who owns the store is having some kind of psychotic episode because all he does know is scream and curse at random people about things that never happened so I don't think I'm gonna have a job much longer.

please film him

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
my one complaint is i fly enough to get delta gold but it's like 80 percent domestic. It's p inefficient living in a non hub city to do that

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
The only thing I enjoy about my job is the compensation.

I work with 2 of the laziest shitfucks on the face of the earth, one of them is my mixer, who consistently makes bad dough for me. The other is my break relief, who does nothing but run my machine like poo poo and make more work for me. My job is not even hard, but my break relief is so loving dumb, I literally do almost nothing, but after every break I take there is somehow a huge mess and everything is running all hosed up.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I really like my job a lot yeah. It's an inbound call center so probably everyone will think I'm utterly nuts but everyone there started at the bottom and worked their way up so the environment is great; even though there are metrics, if you don't give up on the caller until they're happy you can get away with very long calls since there are dudes who also worked their way up from scratch who listen to the recordings to see why it lasted longer than the averages they're shooting for - if they like what they hear they never bug you even if you're never actually on average time like me. It felt like I won the lottery when I got promoted into year-round service from the seasonal work I was doing before, especially since apparently a lot of other temp workers wash out.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I really like my job a lot yeah. It's an inbound call center so probably everyone will think I'm utterly nuts but everyone there started at the bottom and worked their way up so the environment is great; even though there are metrics, if you don't give up on the caller until they're happy you can get away with very long calls since there are dudes who also worked their way up from scratch who listen to the recordings to see why it lasted longer than the averages they're shooting for - if they like what they hear they never bug you even if you're never actually on average time like me. It felt like I won the lottery when I got promoted into year-round service from the seasonal work I was doing before, especially since apparently a lot of other temp workers wash out.

this sounds like a total dystopian hell to me

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

this sounds like a total dystopian hell to me

because of the recorded calls, or because the supers know what working on the floor is like, or...? :crossarms:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

because of the recorded calls, or because the supers know what working on the floor is like, or...? :crossarms:

it just sounds like it sucks to have a job that ultimately means nothing and doesnt really do anyone any good

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Any of you guys want high paying jobs in the tar sands? PM me.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

it just sounds like it sucks to have a job that ultimately means nothing and doesnt really do anyone any good

people get access to important poo poo they need fast like w2s and employment verifications online instead of by mail (or at all sometimes when the corps gently caress up original mailings). it's not world changing but it definitely makes a difference to the callers.

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

love my job, I own a game store.. I'll never get rich at it, but we live comfortably

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

kalamaf posted:

love my job, I own a game store.. I'll never get rich at it, but we live comfortably

sounds like a good job

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I think Mentos Dan needs some tlc

Dan, if you like I can start an E/N thread for you

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i dont really like my job that much but im really good at sales and talking to people so my boss loves me and whatever if i do a good job its satisfying even if the work itself is a joke

i didnt shave from november until last week but numbers hahaha i had a beard that would make a hobo proud

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what goons think their jobs are pieces of poo poo. remember you are anonymous and no level of useless bitching is too uninteresting to post

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

gnarlyhotep posted:

I think Mentos Dan needs some tlc

Dan, if you like I can start an E/N thread for you

All's good,

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

apart from compensation, do you like your job?

I just put in my notice and will be going to school full time instead. My job was ok and I had a lot of responsibility but I didn't like it enough.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive also been rocking the beard and long hair. most of my job is over the phone as well so thats a good part

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

My job is pretty enjoyable, gives me a sense of accomplishment and superiority over others

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im actually gonna suggest that i get more onsite jobs tho because i hate being in the office so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Squiggle posted:

My job is pretty enjoyable, gives me a sense of accomplishment and superiority over others

what do you do? generally. you dont have to be specific at all

• Locked thread