Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Is without a doubt The Poodle.

Not only are they the classiest, cutest, best looking breed but they are also widely regarded as the most intelligent. I know hearing this will be upsetting to many of you who chose inferior breeds but as a breed realist I feel its important to inform others.

Here's a blurry picture my wife took of our poodle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

those eyes........... almost..... human.....

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

It's beagles.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The one Obama has in this picture looks like he's mixed with an inferior breed. Poor thing.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

sorry you are so wrong.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hounds uber alles.

Poodles are mean tempered and have fur that is unpleasant to pet.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
1. Poodles recognize their superiority.

2. :what: Poodle fur is softer than the finest silks!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

1. Poodles recognize their superiority.

2. :what: Poodle fur is softer than the finest silks!

You can't farm poodles without getting in trouble with the government in most US states so it doesn't matter how soft their fur is.

I guess you could farm poodles in korea and harvest their fur and skin when you ate them. That probably kinda reads as racist but I mean that as a serious thing. Like, I have no idea how dog farms are run for dog meat over there but I bet a side business like dog fur coats would probably be appreciated.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm unconvinced thus far, how are poodles with spacial awareness? Do you think your poodle would be able to drive a car if fitted with special attachments to make it convenient for a dog to operate (sticks to reach the pedals, rawhide tied to the steering wheel to compensate for lack of thumbs)?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Wizard you seem invested in which dog species can drive cars, what does this knowledge mean to you?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Are you a car manufacturer looking to corner a new market? Or a potential dog owner who also wants an unpaid chaffeur?

Are you a car-driving dog yourself, looking for answers, unsure where you came from and why?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I have to know

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I just want to push the limits on what we can do, what we can be. Most dogs do not herd sheep on farms anymore, this is 2015, if they are to endure they must adapt to the world of modernity and embrace the car as no longer an enemy

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That makes a lot of sense and i wish you all the best in your journey. namaste

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Honestly I feel like a dog that can drive a car should be self-explanatory, inherently desirable. I'm having trouble putting the reasoning in words now that I've been prompted, like 'why do you like food that tastes good'

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Really now that I think about it the real question is why nobody has searched for a car driving dog before you

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Honestly I feel like a dog that can drive a car should be self-explanatory, inherently desirable. I'm having trouble putting the reasoning in words now that I've been prompted, like 'why do you like food that tastes good'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAK0J8Uhzk Congratulations, you want mutts.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

This is amazing, thank you!

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

NZ mutts

:parrot:

:parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I guess you could farm poodles in korea and harvest their fur and skin when you ate them. That probably kinda reads as racist but I mean that as a serious thing. Like, I have no idea how dog farms are run for dog meat over there but I bet a side business like dog fur coats would probably be appreciated.

I walked past dogs being bred for meat every work day when I lived in Korea. They have a special breed for it and using another breed would be looked down on. They look like this:

That said, their fur i probably softer than gross coarse curly poodle fur.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

I walked past dogs being bred for meat every work day when I lived in Korea. They have a special breed for it and using another breed would be looked down on. They look like this:

That said, their fur i probably softer than gross coarse curly poodle fur.

Dang those are pretty cute dogs I'm gonna have to rethink my live-and-let live attitude towards Koreans

Couldn't they use like wirehair terriers or something else nobody wants alive

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't have any problem with eating dog vs eating pigs or whatever but there's a superstition that the meat tastes better if the dogs die in agony so they used to beat them to death. Nowadays beating them is illegal but many living shits circumvent the rule by drowning or electrocuting dogs.

I agree, I think the meat dogs are super cute but by Korean standards they're ugly as sin. They tend to like their dogs tiny, froofy and white. The Maltese is the dog of choice.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

if i could get a dog that would drive to the shop and pick up milk for my coffee i would be all over that poo poo, for real

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Poodles are cool. They are definitely the best dogs. But all dogs deserve love and pets. Poodles just deserve more.

I bet I could teach my poodle to drive if she wasn't 16.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

kelvron posted:

I bet I could teach my poodle to drive if she wasn't 16.

she has to be 16 to get a licence bro, when the hell else are you gonna teach her

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Eifert Posting posted:

Is it hard to breed two-headed dogs, I wonder?

Those look like those dogs in Sochi during the Olympics that were freakin' everywhere.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
What's obviously more attractive than a poodle, fluffier, and more intelligent (even if they use their intelligence for pure evil)?

checkmate, poodle lovers :smuggo:

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't have any problem with eating dog vs eating pigs or whatever but there's a superstition that the meat tastes better if the dogs die in agony so they used to beat them to death. Nowadays beating them is illegal but many living shits circumvent the rule by drowning or electrocuting dogs.

Nuke the entire region. Wait until the radiation clears, then nuke it again.

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007

tumblr.txt posted:

What's obviously more attractive than a poodle, fluffier, and more intelligent (even if they use their intelligence for pure evil)?

checkmate, poodle lovers :smuggo:

Nuke the entire region. Wait until the radiation clears, then nuke it again.

wow those sure look like lovely alaskan huskies

sry not sry for being into a type of dog that hasn't been endlessly ruined by idiot show moms and pet breeders

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
It's OK I'm sure your mutt is cool as well.

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
At least they can all still do the thing they were created to do, on account of still having the correct temperament and drive <3

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The poodle is also the best dog pokemon.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Malteses

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Here's a blurry picture my wife took of our poodle:

Bichon mix spotted.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I like bad mean dogs

Ponyfields
Nov 2, 2011

Superconsndar posted:

I like bad mean dogs

Do you want mine? Started trying to teach her the hold command and she learned kill instead.

Bitch knows she is better than all those other lovely dogs.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Ponyfields posted:

Do you want mine? Started trying to teach her the hold command and she learned kill instead.

Bitch knows she is better than all those other lovely dogs.

i don't think shitbulls need to be taught how to kill

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
only one master breed for toy dogs:

only one master breed for all dogs:

They even know how to smile for the camera:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Engineer Lenk posted:

Bichon mix spotted.

slanderous lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demora