Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

He didn't really do much in terms of "athletic quarterback" stuff in college. He's definitely a pure pocket guy.

Yeah, there was no reason to think he'd put up big run/jump numbers at the combine. He was a large, doughy pocket passer with no track & field background or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Deandrew White at 4.46. Good for him, he's probably an UDFA but he definitely needed to show teams that he still has good top speed after being injured for basically his whole career.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kevin White with the 4.35. He's too beautiful not to bust. Bucky Brooks just said he would fit on the Jets which is maybe the saddest thing I've heard all week.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

^^^Id take him.

Kevin White with a 4.35. He owns. Might jump Cooper for the 1st WR off the board.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I still say if you draft any WR above Cooper you deserve whatever happens when you have to play against him

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Christion Jones: 5'10", 4.63, 8 reps bench. And that last year in college as a special teams liability isn't going to get people's interest. He's done.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Cooper might not have that freakish best in the game ceiling but I think at the bare minimum you get a Derrick Mason, or more likely far better. That's great return on a first round pick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was just hoping that Strong would run under a 4.7 so those times are really impressive to me. I'm not looking forward to him falling to 26 and Baltimore drafting a project CB who never pans out.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
One thing a lot of people don't really realize with Cooper is that he isn't even old enough to buy a loving beer. 20 years old! If anybody can actually pull a Jerry Rice and just dominate for years it's going to be him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Cooper is so unreasonably well rounded. There is no weakness in his game. Just... nothing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man is the nfl combine site unbelievably laggy for anyone else?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also the 40 times in this WR class have been insane so far, I wonder what's the record for WRs taken in the first.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Disappointing 40 time for Devin Smith :( I still think he is going to be a good pro, is very fast in pads.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

WR Chris Conley made a Star Wars fan fiction while while playing at Georgia. This is the best information you'll get from the combine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsJU5Ebka44

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The city of Athens has enjoyed years of Football and Parties under the protection of the Jedi order and the Mandalorian Naast Clan.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Little Ameer put up 24 on the bench press

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo Kevin White.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
These announcers are an interesting combination of calm golf announcers, and trying to fit in jokes.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Petty not looking great on those throws.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Petty not looking great on those throws.

Didn't in the senior bowl either unfortunately

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hahahaha Jameis' first throw was terribly underthrown

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Cooper is so unreasonably well rounded. There is no weakness in his game. Just... nothing.

I really, really want Cooper

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Petty is so inconsistent

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Eisen saying Jameis interviewed really well, if that's the case I imagine he'll be a Buc.

Barring something else disastrous happening between now and the draft of course.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Fisher looks like he'd be sitting in an 80s strip club

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I really have a hard time understanding why any top QB like Winston or Mariota would throw at the combine. It feels like you've got a hell of a lot more to lose than gain by throwing to a bunch of receivers you've never worked with.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

PrinceRandom posted:

Petty is so inconsistent

Petty throws across his body, like he hurls it. I don't want to apply the big dumb jock label to him though. It just seems to be a mechanics thing.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Dattserberg posted:

I really have a hard time understanding why any top QB like Winston or Mariota would throw at the combine. It feels like you've got a hell of a lot more to lose than gain by throwing to a bunch of receivers you've never worked with.

Hasn't bothered Jameis it looks like

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Dattserberg posted:

If you don't do it you're publically eviscerated and everyone speculates on what you've got to hide. Best case scenario they take another look at your video and start nitpicking.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dattserberg posted:

It seems like none of them used to, maybe some blowback against that after guys like Gabbert didn't throw at the combine and looked great at their pro day? And then went on to be horrible busts of course.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Dattserberg posted:

After the shoulder weakness report, if Winston had refused to throw then everyone would assume he was hiding the fact that it was worse than thought.

As for Mariota, he's projected by most at number 2, if he wants to move up he has to be proactive.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
That is a big dude

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
LoL. Mike Pettine and Haslam can't look at each other. Pettine off in space and Haslam like "HowmmaI gonna make more bucks with a comedy team?"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm totally fine with taking Mariota at 6 if he's there. I don't think he will be though. Showed very good arm strength on the out routes.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Him and Winston both looked pretty good in the drills. I'm glad they both threw.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Charlz Guybon posted:

As for Mariota, he's projected by most at number 2, if he wants to move up he has to be proactive.

Pretty sure Mariota would rather not go to TB.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Zurreco posted:

Pretty sure Mariota would rather not go to TB.

I'd like to throw to Mike Evans as opposed to ??? on the Jets

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

PrinceRandom posted:

Decker and Harvin. This is all silly anyways because the Eagles are getting Mariota.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So I'm reading Devante Davis had a decent combine so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

PrinceRandom posted:

They have ASJ as well, but there is a reason that TB had that record and it wasn't because of McCown. I feel like someone is going to trade up to take the Washington pick in order to grab Mariota, but we'll see.

• Locked thread