Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Why London and not Los Angeles? If you can get a visa it's a hell of a lot cheaper, making it as an actor isn't going to be easy (to put it lightly) anywhere, but at least in LA there are a decent number of low-paying jobs available.

Edit: just curious. You can rent your own room in a shared apartment in a not-terrible neighborhood for ~$500/600 a month.

If I were young and had saved up and wanted to try the whole acting thing, I'd move to fuckin' Hollywood :v:

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Tony Montana posted:

Dunno how it's for the US, I would suspect it's like Australia. Smaller cities and towns with more rednecks/bogans and drinking until you're throwing up on yourself is all in a nights fun.. while the bigger cities bring more of other cultures that really think it's disgusting.

Broadly speaking, getting completely shitfaced to the point of staggering around, throwing up, blacking out and all that good stuff is something that American high schoolers and college kids do. Working adults doing the same would generally be viewed as irresponsible, immature, and displaying a lack of self-control (unless it's your birthday or a wedding or other big celebration, and even then). Don't forget the influence of Puritanism, the Temperance movement, teetotaling, Prohibition, etc on US drinking culture.

• Locked thread