Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MagnumOpus posted:

I'm 100% anecdotally sure many of the problems we're running into are due to intermittent network failures, but since we're using an Openstack IaaS provider I don't have access to logs at that level. I've got TCP failures and retransmits in my metrics pipeline, but I'm looking for something more compelling. What would be perfect is a small agent app that can constantly monitor links and track failures explicitly, because what I expect is that we're getting frequent jitters rather than hard link failures. Basically I just want to be able to prove if this IaaS is too brittle for production. Ideas?

Smokeping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread