Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The sea is up there, on the surface. It's a completely different thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There is an excellent way to reduce Terror (until it gets patched out)
(Spoiler for a path not taken)
If you help the cavies establish their kingdom then whenever you visit with SAY they'll throw you a banquet and entertainment that reduces Terror by 25. That's a lot, especially free.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

more having "AN-EXCHANGE-WHICH-IS-MONSTROUS-YET-SCRUPULOUSLY-FAIR" inscribed on your forebrain with words of fire.

Note: Not a metaphor.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 5, 2015

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Black Wombat posted:

[i]Those paying attention to my cash on-hand will have noticed an interesting bug, there – I had ~3300, and 1000 trade on my old ship, to buy a 4000 echo ship. But after buying it, instead of having ~300 echos, I had 1000. I'd never seen something like that before. But it's working out for us! That's enough to get some shiny new guns, and stock up on supplies.

This happens to me consistently when I trade up.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I am... concerned about the Diplomat's eyepatch. Might the allies ehe speaks of lie to the east?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lokapala posted:

I really want to know how Visage people managed to drag that Nile-meter all the way out into the zee from the Second City.

The Zee rearranges itself. What was once in one place will soon be in another.
Only a few decades ago Khan's Glory stood where London is now.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Was the Canal dug specifically to reach London? Or was it previously used to reach one of the earlier cities-that-fell?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Also I want to build a bunch of towers with hugeass mirrors on the island, then threaten to use them as a strategic weapon to bathe islands in sunlight.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A lot of the lore comes from Fallen London - it's a much bigger game. Information is very rarely explicit however.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You know what the best thing about Sorrow Spiders is?
Nothing.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tehan posted:

I rather feel that when one makes cannibalism a habit, they have a responsibility to excise that idiom from their speech patterns.

I wouldn't say it's a 'habit'. More of a peccadillo.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Neruz posted:

The unlicensed spirifage stuff is what I was referring too, it didn't occur to me that the reason that was bad was because you hadn't paid the taxes on selling your soul rather than the fact that you were missing your soul.

Remember kids, pay your taxes!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

If you really want to avoid it, drinking hot wine at the carnival often reduces nightmares. Bring lots of tickets

Or laudanum. My only true friend, laudanum.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's a long trip to take with a conventional engine.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Jesus Christ, flukes.

A not inept comparison.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

i81icu812 posted:

That whole rebellion to overthrow the laws of reason, logic, and causality led to odd things.

Glorious things.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tylana posted:

There's a surprising number of ways to get Blue Scintillack according to the wiki. None are terribly convenient though.

If you're willing to abuse SAY then it's not too hard. Or if you're willing to abuse helpless rodents.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Redeye Flight posted:

And this isn't even saying much, because Clay Men are the epitome of predictability. The reason Unfinished seem so much more chaotic is precisely because of that--people in the Neath have expectations of how Clay Men work that are never violated, so when an Unfinished deviates from that norm in any way it comes across as so much more startling.

Such as tearing people in half like a sheet of dry paper - regular Clay Men never do that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Smash the state!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

I really like how the various places you visit evolve during the game. That's a neat thing to see happening.

I hadn't realised this one could happen without telling stories.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Black Wombat posted:

It was talked about waaay back in journal entry nine, where he said, pretty openly, that it's a starship engine.

Which we plan to attach to our steamship. This is a plan without flaw or possibility of error.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I have heard Judgement Eggs described as star spores before.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

8_Escape posted:

I feel you should support london.
Speaking pragmatically you should look at what you can get out of this. Since you are doing it through your network of spies you are unlikely to gain any recognition and in turn few trophies or stories, additionally the tigers are unlikely to anything of use to you as a zee-captain, especially since you are focused on drawing out a legend to slay, maintaining the stability of the colony will if not aid you then at least aid future captains more than giving it to the tigers.

But they're so cute!
Kitty kitty kitty...

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shall we throw this Haunted Doctor fellow overboard before he poisons us too? After all, Petra now counts as the rich and powerful and we are employing him as a doctor.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Neruz posted:

Very profitable business if you know what you're doing.

Risky though. And quite illegal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

Wouldn't destroying all the stars in the universe also kill everything in the universe, though?

A small price to pay for freedom.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why haven't the Masters flipped their poo poo about the New Sequencers yet? Seems like the sort of thing they should be coming down on ludicrously hard.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

While we're spilling All The Beans, does anybody know what the starveling cat is?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Black Wombat posted:

and because 'waves' aren't really a thing that happens

Unless something surfaces near you.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are Flukes susceptible to Fingerking infestation?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

my dad posted:

Except when they gather around wells.

Do they do that? Because we should probably stop them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Black Wombat posted:

It's not as bad as all that. It was a very good death! I mean, I'm pretty sure she just shot a Master. Not many people get to say they did that.

She didn't just shoot it, she hurt it. A truly dangerous woman indeed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Neruz posted:

It turns out taking the Name of a Judgement for yourself has repercussions.

Only wonderful ones.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tylana posted:

Second Chances are opt-in nowadays at least. I'm pretty sure I remember them getting auto-used when I started.

Back when I started, if you failed a check you were given an option to use a second chance. Then it was changed to automatically use it if you failed a check. Then it was changed to an optional tickbox that would use up a second chance whether you succeeded or failed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Does the neath only exist because the Sun deliberately shaped the earth to give her lover somewhere to hide? Or is it a 'natural' feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Neruz posted:

Oh poo poo I totally forgot about that line, goddamn that does indeed suggest that the Dawn Machine will be the final legacy of Fallen London :stonk:

Once the Dawn Machine rises you won't need London.

• Locked thread