Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Name: Elijah Darkendrum
History: Street Urchin
Title: Captain
Portrait: 13
Ship: The Silver Leaf

The ways I sees it, the rooftops are a bit too small for the likes of little ole me and I have set mine eye on the sunless zee. So I'm going to set my sails into the broken storm and bring back the old paps bones. And steal some cash or a soul or too, to keep things interesting you see.

The name of the ship? It’s a story my mother used to tell me of a silver tree so amazing it would take your breath away, and of eagles that knew where secrets lay. So I took a leaf from the silver tree, for luck when I sail into that cold black zee.

A passage from the captains diary: They must never know. They must never know why I want those bones. He knew, he knew where it was. He had to have known where it was. He found it, I know he did, that d----d name. The dreams still reach me. North, North, North, North...

Edit: I just had to add that to the end, I couldn't resist.

Heliosmajestus fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
I have been in London too long and I am ready to set sail! To the zee!!

Edit: male would be nice

Heliosmajestus fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 21, 2015

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Lets have lunch with Cynthia, because its always nice to spend time with such a proper lady.
We should also set our sights on Vanderblight, its close by and we DID agree to take Tomb-Colonist, might as well do it now.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
From the scribblings of Helios:

It happened again. Some zailors got a look at my Sun and threw a fit. Just because they have cast away the Surface does not mean I have. Thankfully, the boatswain and the captain were much more understanding, but this has not endeared me to Jones and A.J. They still throw me ugly looks when they think no one’s watching. But it’s alright! As long I have the Sun protecting me, I have nothing to fear from Salt, Storm and Stone. And maybe, just maybe, I will be able to see the Surface again. And feel the warm Sun on my skin, forever.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Sun-kissed writings of Helios:

We left Venderbight at Dawn. Of course not that you could tell in the Neath, but i knew. I didn't voice my thought to the crew, as their earlier objections to my presence made any more reference to the Sun unwise. We did manage to get along at Venderbight, with liberal applications of ale.

I didn't care for the bats though. Filthy creatures...pretending to be the birds of the surface. Eating them was a horrible endeavor and i was ill for a good time after. Much to my surprise "Doc" was in fact not a doctor, which further compounded my medical emergency. He seems amicable enough though, never said a word about my Sun either.

But the worst, the worst was the dark. When the Captain ordered the lights off...I shudder to think what would of happened had we stayed like that...I huddled next to a Foxfire candle I had saved, and waited for the light to return. And i swear that coffin is making noises, when we turned off the lights I heard it make some sort of sound. If I didn't know any better, it sounded like it was weeping.

Luckily we reached land and encountered a "small scale" war as someone in the crew put it, and the captain is deciding what to do. If I had an opinion, I would side with the Rattus Feber

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Diary of Helios:

The rats were nice enough all things considered. I have always been fond of their work, although i could never afford their lovely pocket watches. I was surprised we took one aboard though. Not that I am against rats, and this one was particularly polite. He even seemed interested in hearing about the Sun!! He had never seen it, and was shocked to find the Sun was brighter than his Rat Star. I help him with whatever he needs doing, as he is polite company.

Better than Jones in any case. He says it was meant as a joke, but his idea that I should taken the Rat Star as my tattoo was too smug for my tastes. I have no idea why its so offensive, after all there are worse tattoos in the zee. I even saw one of an overgoat once, but i digress. Doc was in low spirits when we got to Station 3, apparently the incident with jillyfleur bothered him. He even partook of some of laudanum, which was surprising. I needed a good swig of it myself when I saw station 3, that miserable place. The air smelled wrong, and I felt nauseous as they dragged the coffin out of the ship.The captain seemed happy though!

So am i come to think of it. After all, that miserable coffin is gone and we are leaving Station 3! I would celebrate but I have to nurse the rat. He wanted to try laudanum too and it didn't seemed to sit well with him. I have to get some more when we return to London. At the rate we are going, the whole crew is going to drink a tankard of the stuff just to make it through the day.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Journal of Sagacious and Sinister Gentleman:

Helios returned from his voyage today. He was quite happy to see me once he had gotten away from the crew, albeit exhausted. He wept in arms for a while but that is to be expected. He was never meant to be this far from me, at least so soon. The tattoo did not go over well, as I knew it would, but Academics are known for intelligence, not wisdom. He talked to me about the trip, mentioning Gaider's Mourn, and I pretended to be interested. Poor thing was so excited I hadn't the heart to ignore him

I was worried about the reserve of laudanum i gave him being less than expected, but he explained he had given some to his friends. friends. That's a dangerous word if i ever heard one. it is probably a delusion anyway, so I will let it pass. He still seems loyal, to me anyway. It almost pains me to do this to him, to give That to him, but its necessary. If IT can be given than surely IT can be taken away. I will take IT from Helios soon, so I will let him enjoy the zee for a little longer. To continue my experiment, I told him there was a way back to the surface, to see how he would react. He wept for a good hour before he calmed down, and I let him sleep in front of the fire. Lies of course, but I needed to see. IT is such a cruel thing, perhaps the Masters had the right idea.

He went back in the morning, before he left he told me of the Blind Bruiser, and asked what he should do. I suggested that the captain and crew should postpone the deal until they really need it

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Shakily written diary of Helios:

So many things. The genial magician is odd. The hook is really sharp. The shark tasted funny. But i like the sigil-ridden navigator. He sympathizes with me. He know what its like to carry such a burden. I think he knows what it is. One time he even said if i ever wanted to talk to him i could. "Us guys gotta stick together" But its not the same. He has the Correspondence and I have something is scribbled out. The rat was worried too, tried to get me laudanum but it didn't help.

The salt lions were nice. Jones got mad when I licked the Lions. It was funny, until the captain jumped into the water. I was so scared, even if she was born underneath the roof, she is still nice to me. We went back to London. I think name is scribbled out was mad. I think he expected us to be gone longer. I didn't want to bother him so I went to hang out with the other guys. Jones was even nice to me. He wondered why I looked so tipsy. I couldn't tell him, might tell Doc though, I told the Sigil man though. He just smiled and told me a story about the sigil.

We celebrated New Years in Venderbight. I did anyway. Captain Petra seemed dissapointed we weren't happy. But i was! It was hard to smile though, so I scribbled a Sun and "Happy New Year" on a note and slid it under her door when we all disembarked at the Chapel of Lights. Oh but before that we went to Wither and Codex. Sigil seemed uncomfortable there. I found him in my room nibbling on paper. At Mt. Palmerson, the captain examined the Blemmigan's again. She was so transfixed she didn't notice I was there. I think the crew is starting to get unnerved by her. And we were all unnerved by Mt. Nomad. I tried to remember how the mountain looked, so I could add it later at London. It was going to hurt, I wish it didn't.

I ate at Chapel of Lights. Some of the crew didn't want to. The captain seemed off after eating. They always do. Then they go North. Its always North. It doesn't matter to me. I cant get peckish, I have already Eaten enough. I even ate my paper was torn out

Heliosmajestus fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 4, 2015

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

Tetrakarn posted:

Have you been successful in seeking the name?

Sadly Helios has not seen or smelt a single candle

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Singed diary of Helios:

Fire Fire Fire! Ah, the horrifying and blessed flames of rapture. It was so beautiful seeing it go up in flames. I could feel the stories burning in the air! All those secrets whispered in the wind as the cinders crackled all around us. Kraken died sadly, and I made a prayer for him afterward. Sigil seemed to have similar thoughts to me and he stared at the flames for a long while. We got Miss Phoebe out though, although the state of her...I would not wish that on anyone.

But there was even better good news! We have acquired a new ship and Im so excited! Of course that could be because of the new markings, but I dont care! I added Mt. Nomad to my flesh and name is erased was quite pleased. I feel stronger, and much lighter. It would not do to be so happy, especially after the earlier tragedy, but its hard when I feel so alive. And the Captain was quite happy too. She really wants to go to Port Cecil. I was there once, before London. I was shipped there and He picked me up there and took me home. I was different then...I wonder if they know what IT was. Maybe the Captain will let me ask around. Maybe they will tell me where I came from.

As for the name of the ship, Unfinished seems fine to me.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Oh my god, I now want to buy a newspaper that doesn't exist. Its beautiful!!

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Message somehow sent to the Gentleman, from Helios

Hahahahaha, the Sun! Such wonder! Aestival felt so beautiful on my skin. Hahahahahahahaha Beautiful, beautiful!!!

Ehem, In any case Doc was kind enough to drag me away before the Sun harmed me permanently, which is good, as it was the first time I had seen it...don't tell anyone though hihihahahaha
I believe I am the first of the four to see the SUN, and the closest to my mission. I felt bad for Jones though, he liked it too much. And Snark wanted to go back to look for someone, I hope he finds that person. I wish we didn't have to leave. Because the Captain took us to that damned place full of spiders. Did you ever see a sorrow spider being born. Of course you did, you always have. You faced a Council once, so who am I to claim to know better. Irem was strange, it felt wrong, like I wasn't meant to be there. But I wasn't meant was I?

I went to Port Cecil. They knew me, or of me in any case. They said you ordered me delivered there. You knew where I came from! You knew and you never told me. They said I was brought here from the Empire of Hands!!! But Im no mere beast, you hear me! I don't care if I'm part of the set, I am me! I will complete the mission, but because I will it!!! I will go EAST, and dance in the SUN. I have EATEN and EATEN well. You may have EATEN my name, but I don't need it! A poor replica, but a replica nonetheless! I will find the other 3 and FEED from them as well!! And then I will know the way, then I will find what lies in that forsaken Well. And I will take it from you, I will take from you your beloved Sun. You named me Helios to mock me, but I will use it hurt you. Haha-hahahah-ahhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh, Doc, I was just clearing my throat. No I am fine really. So do you want to tell me about that girl Sarah? Let me pour you a drink, invite Jones too. Its good to drink with friends...

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

Pavlov posted:

I believe that is actually a different, and somehow even weirder Name.

Also south is definitely worse.

Agreed, North is survivable with a good enough iron stat, but South requires some planning in order to survive it. East and West are barely painful at all

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

Neruz posted:

Hey the Fathomking is a perfectly gracious host :colbert:

Even in his fetch quest he is perfectly polite and genorous

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
This thread and the ill fated voyage of Helios has inspired me to tattoo my character in Fallen London with the Sun in his honor!

Check the scrapbook for proof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Spiders are cool and if they try to eat you, burn em!

• Locked thread