Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Thank you for the LP! I didn't manage to get a review copy of the game, so not-so-slippy seconds is a good way to enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

While I'm a reactionary at heart, it only really applies when I'm the one on the throne. Sorry, Armored Pigs, supporting Proratariat

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Black Wombat posted:

So I did. It's been fixed.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! We've still got a long way to go, but Petra is getting close to being out of the dying-early stage of the game. Sometimes things just get arranged such that it's hard to get started.

It is quite fun and has made me take another pass at Fallen London. It's a hoot!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Black Wombat posted:

It seems like exactly the sort of thing that the group of people willing to sail a body of water known to be home to crabs that could eat a small house would embrace whole-heartedly. And then be VERY snippy about.

The explanation seems, dare I say, plausible.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What about that dinner could indicate that you're eating man flesh? Pork liver? Because I've never read human flesh be described "somewhere between sea shark and cave tuna"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

MagicBoots posted:

The description makes me think that you are not eating what you think you are eating. How does this little church in the middle of the nowhere have such a spread of different food? And enough to give it away for free.

Poppy might be suspect, but they're at sea zee. You'd probably expect zeefood. Granted, I don't know much about the ecosystems of the Underzee, but I'd say the poppy wafers and pork liver are the only suspicious things.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

ousire posted:

There actually are places in the Neath where you can access the surface world, and I believe one of the endings in this game involves you moving to the surface world. Ironically, an actual land of sunshine would probably be one of the most unpleasant and dangerous places in the whole game, as sunlight is almost universally fatal to things from the Neath; or at least the strange reality-warped parts. People who've come back to life die again, substances like Prisoner's Honey revert to mundane counterparts, Glim just melts away, animals loose their abilities to speak and reason, etc. Why that is, is a rather large spoiler for the lore of the game.

I hope it's not something stupid like "this is all a dream" or something :( And the references to the Great Game, I thought it means that there is some sort of communication between surface and Neath. Why is it called Neath, anyway? Because it's under-neath?

Also, I thought the Horizon is an Event Horizon reference.

I also want to get into these mysterious adventerious adventures! Sign me up!

Sometimes, I dream of a Grand Strategy game of fantasy, and Sunless Sea makes me dream of things like civilizations discovering something like Neath, but the sea being none too explorable in early eras (maybe most mages go insane down there). Later on, you could have stuff like screaming torpedoes that break every light in a ship. Then you wait. Then your send in guys with flashlights and torches, and presto, you have a new carrier, just clean the bloodstains and don't look at the writing too much. Maybe there's be an upgrade for storing actual torches on your ships in case that happens.

A carrier with insides lined with torches.

Sorry.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Whenever they pull "it's all a dream", I feel cheated a little (sometimes a lot). I want my monsters to be solid, God-drat it.

If North is horror, Warp and hell worse than actual Hell, then what's in the South?

And, ooh, ooh, are we going to see any of those ships mentioned in the Khanate corsair harbor report?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, it's a relief. Can't wait to hear about the Empress and such.

Is there an official name for the sum of the world building in Fallen London, Echo Bazaar (I asume it was a precursor, yes?) and Sunless Sea? Neath-verse, etc.?

I love worldbuilding to the point were it makes me a lovely writer, so the game is top notch for me. Everything is so new, fresh and exciting. Even the countries with names I can't pronounce!

I wonder how boner inducing is Sunless Sea to long time Londoners. I mean, before that, you only read about those places, and now you can go there.

And unlike Zeno Clash 2, the secrets revealed don't reveal disappointment.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm not good at opinions, so The Unfinished

Who knows? May it was so cheap because it's not furnished inside, and half the engine is angry voles in vole wheels.

now, to find out what a vole is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm trying out this newfangled crazy idea of not reading spoilered text! This is going to be crazy.

• Locked thread