Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Miltank posted:

Hmm maybe america needs some sort of police reform?

Maybe just don't break the law or you get what's coming to you???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime
Feb 22, 2015
I've only had one close call with a cop, but it made an impression on me.

I was walking home, totally hammered from a party, and I was crossing through the town square, just a big field with nothing in it. I was a quarter mile from my house. I see a cop turning the corner diagonal from me, so I keep walking, hoping he doesn't turn once more and roll up beside me. Well, of course he does. At this point, I'm at the opposite corner from where I started, on the sidewalk, and he steps out of his car and is advancing towards me. He called out, "Hey, what are you doing out here?" as if I wasn't allowed to be there or something. In my drunken stupor I replied, "I'm walking, minding my own business." That latter portion is what did it. He jumps on top of me, and I don't know what *exactly* happened, the thing I remember next is laying on my stomach, handcuffed, and his knee resting on my head. I was silent, which was a good idea. He pulled me up, slammed me into the back seat, with the bars and everything, and I sat there. The doors were closed, but I could still hear him muttering to himself, and he paced the length of the car a couple of times and let me go.

At the time, I didn't think it was a big deal, but looking back I was illegally detained, and I wish I had done something about it.

My incident wasn't necessarily the worst thing ever, but it opened my eyes to the fact that cops aren't really there to uphold the law. They're there to keep people in check, civilly. They're like lunchroom guards, they let people do their things to a certain degree, but when the peasants get out hand, then they crack down, so the bourgeois can have their way. gently caress cops. gently caress the idea of cops too.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
GOD BLESS COPS

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

let's criminalize gun ownership and see how you feel about this philosophy

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

let's criminalize gun ownership and see how you feel about this philosophy

Let's stick with realistic scenarios, Twizzler.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I think we just need to make cops seem less threatening. People see cops and are afraid. Cops pick up on that. We just need to stop that initial fear response, and I bet cop on non-cop violence would drop like a rock. We need to figure out some way to make sure that no innocent person gets afraid when they see a cop.

Make all cops ride recumbent bicycles.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

I think we just need to make cops seem less threatening. People see cops and are afraid. Cops pick up on that. We just need to stop that initial fear response, and I bet cop on non-cop violence would drop like a rock. We need to figure out some way to make sure that no innocent person gets afraid when they see a cop.

Make all cops ride recumbent bicycles.

Actually no innocent person gets afraid when they see a cop already. Think on that.

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

Future #1 Forums Superstar
Bunch of betas in this thread all about that gently caress the police poo poo but would never utter those words within 10 feet of a cop. Then they'd tell all your friends "heh, I just played that yes officer have a good day officer talk because I didn't want him to shoot me or beat me. Let me tell you about the police state. I've got a link to a thread you might find quite interesting. We need to fight the power, my friends. You see..."

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

Basically what I'm saying is go kill a cop you pussy.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

PCOS Bill posted:

rIp Chris dorner

Now with the angels

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Knife Fight posted:

Cops are good.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

A compelling argument

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Bunch of betas in this thread all about that gently caress the police poo poo but would never utter those words within 10 feet of a cop. Then they'd tell all your friends "heh, I just played that yes officer have a good day officer talk because I didn't want him to shoot me or beat me. Let me tell you about the police state. I've got a link to a thread you might find quite interesting. We need to fight the power, my friends. You see..."

a goddamn monkey knife fight

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
lol if you think individually standing up to cops is going to do anything when motorists tweet about running over large protests against brutality because it's blocking traffic

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bonvivant posted:

lol if you think individually standing up to cops is going to do anything when motorists tweet about running over large protests against brutality because it's blocking traffic

If you stand in the street you deserve to get hit by a car.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

rIp Chris dorner

Now with the angels

pbuh

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

bonvivant posted:

lol you're right, let's just post about it on the internet.

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

maybe a twitter campaign is what's needed to galvanize the sheeple!

#copsarebad #killallpigs #policestateinsurgency

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

Guys! Sign my petition! We only need 500 signatures! It's got links to some pretty enlightening gifs.

"Oh, good day officer. Why yes you can search my vehicle. Sure, here's my phone, as you can see from the text history, I wasn't texting and driving. Yep, good law abiding citizen here!"

*turns up Rage Against The Machine and rolls down the window once I've checked the cop car isn't following me as I pull away*

Monkey Knife Fight fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 24, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
truth middle

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cop good

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
do you know that assata shakur killed a cop 42 years ago and fled to cuba and the new jersey police still have a full time detective assigned to the case. lol

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
*clocks in*
*files report saying yup still in cuba*
*plays angry birds*
*is nepotism hire*

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

imo sadbrained leftist children getting brutally owned by cops midway through a petulant ineffective protest is cool and hilarious. totally my jam.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Make a good cop to the tune of this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKttwMtRnE

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tezzor posted:

do you know that assata shakur killed a cop 42 years ago and fled to cuba and the new jersey police still have a full time detective assigned to the case. lol

Detectives work multiple cases simultaneously its not like on tv

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

imo sadbrained leftist children getting brutally owned by cops midway through a petulant ineffective protest is cool and hilarious. totally my jam.

same

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

PCOS Bill for mod of D and D.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Quit saying that, they might listen.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

its not mod its dm

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

you probably live in a suburb with your parents so unfortunately the worst harassment you'll ever experience is getting roughed up and arrested for smoking weed for the first time at age 35, which will immediately change your opinion in a way no dead negro ever could

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bonvivant posted:

you probably live in a suburb with your parents so unfortunately the worst harassment you'll ever experience is getting roughed up and arrested for smoking weed at the first time at age 35, which will immediately change your opinion in a way no dead negro ever could

Yeah like your description of him doesn't fit you to a T.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i lol when nerds get upset about cops being disrespected online or whatever

Guys! Sign my petition! We only need 500 signatures! It's got links to some pretty enlightening gifs.

"Oh, good day officer. Why yes you can search my vehicle. Sure, here's my phone, as you can see from the text history, I wasn't texting and driving. Yep, good law abiding citizen here!"

*turns up Rage Against The Machine and rolls down the window once I've checked the cop car isn't following me as I pull away*

lol you're right, let's just post about it on the internet.

lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Is this how you people go about compensating for your feelings of powerlessness? By selecting a popular, anti-authority platform and (un)ironically spouting one dimensional drivel at, and amongst each other on the internet?

I guess that's easier than educating one's self about the complex interplay of the great many factors that contribute to a functioning society, or joining a civic action group or participating in local government.

At least you're all smart enough and considerate enough to appreciate the irony.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm sure glad that little sleeping seven year old who was shot in the face got what was coming to her. THat'll teach her to sleep in her own bed.

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

katlington posted:

i lol when nerds get upset about cops being disrespected online or whatever

lol

i lol when nerds completely misinterpret someone's post but still think they're gettin them sweet burns.

Hmmm yes this guy clearly is gettin all butthurt in his love for cops and totally isn't more butthurt at the powerless nerds gettin their internet points through forum activism rather than actual activism against a lovely abusive and corrupt police system.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

blarzgh posted:

Is this how you people go about compensating for your feelings of powerlessness? By selecting a popular, anti-authority platform and (un)ironically spouting one dimensional drivel at, and amongst each other on the internet?

I guess that's easier than educating one's self about the complex interplay of the great many factors that contribute to a functioning society, or joining a civic action group or participating in local government.

At least you're all smart enough and considerate enough to appreciate the irony.

Giving them too much credit here.

Volume posted:

I'm sure glad that little sleeping seven year old who was shot in the face got what was coming to her. THat'll teach her to sleep in her own bed.

Sometimes mistakes happen. Someone broke the law.

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

blarzgh posted:

this dude knows what's up

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't do this. They don't like it when

PCOS Bill posted:

Actually no innocent person gets afraid when they see a cop already. Think on that.

Come on bro you're just riling them up and

PCOS Bill posted:

If you stand in the street you deserve to get hit by a car.

Fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

PCOS Bill posted:

Giving them too much credit here.

Sometimes mistakes happen. Someone broke the law.

She probably didn't pick up her toys. Bitch.

Also lol at "no innocent person gets afraid of cops." Jesus everyone on the interstate slows down to 5 below the speed limit whenever a cop is within sight. gently caress I literally stare at my mirror until they're out of sight and I literally just set my cruise exactly at the limit and have no reason to be worried. All it takes is a cop having a bad day and they can literally ruin your day for no reason.

limeincoke fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 25, 2015

• Locked thread