Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
mods plz change title to the "game" sunless sea.

its a good choose your own adventure novel/slot machine but I hate how all the "gameplay" systems were balanced by a satanist chimpanzee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

icantfindaname posted:

why? it looks like bog standard steampunk lovecraft poo poo to me, bolted onto a clone of FTL

the actual meat of the game is almost entirely divorced from the game part. Every sixty seconds of sailing you are allowed to play one (1) storylet in any port. Which storylet you get is mostly random at best, black magic at worst. Some storylets are stuff like "take these tomb-colonists on a charter tour" and let you actually "play" the quest, but most are little vignettes, like the browser game version. The vignettes are cool but they are not what you spend most of the game doing. Instead you'll be spending most of your time waiting for your storylet OK light to turn back on, and making the money it takes to keep going while doing that. But that's not really very fun or interesting.

FTL, on the other hand, at least had a fun core experience.

• Locked thread