Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm guessing from woodworking to blacksmithing to herb gardening and 3D printing you all use some pretty sweet gear! If someone suddenly attacked you while you were do-it-yourselfing how would you defend yourself? Or, if you were planning on murdering someone how would you incorporate your hobby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I would smash my 3D printer over their head and then set it to print a knife for a finishing move, OP

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Right now I'm knitting something on a long circular needle, so I'd wrap the cable of the needle around their throat and jab the tips into their eyes. That doesn't sound like something a crazy person would say at all.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Metal lathe. I really don't need to fill in the details of what happens when a sleeve, pony tail, or ring get caught on the chuck or work piece.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Not at all, this is all fun and games. Good idea, too!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

the spyder posted:

Metal lathe. I really don't need to fill in the details of what happens when a sleeve, pony tail, or ring get caught on the chuck or work piece.

That sounds like an accident, but how would you purposefully use it? Some sort of Rube Goldberg set up?

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar

Hector Beerlioz posted:

That sounds like an accident, but how would you purposefully use it? Some sort of Rube Goldberg set up?

Kidnap and hold someone hostage for months until their hair is long enough for a ponytail then feed it to the lathe?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

xsuperkidx posted:

Kidnap and hold someone hostage for months until their hair is long enough for a ponytail then feed it to the lathe?

Nice.

Interested in hearing how some of the people from the drones thread would kill someone.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Nice.

Interested in hearing how some of the people from the drones thread would kill someone.

Probably with drones

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I expect creativity from the Creative Convention!

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
you seem like a weird dude in the not-endearing way

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I have soldering irons and radio transmitters. Hot, slow, weird death either way.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Gardening. I have a trowel, a watering can, and literal pansies. I'm going to have to be creative with this one.

Or maybe I can chuck my opuntia cactus at them. They'll spend their final hours covered in agony and many tiny invisible needles. I watch the scene from a distance amongst the pansies, as I sip from my glass of fresh-squeezed 100% organic self-grown juice blend. Delicious, AND nutritious.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

some real worrying replies in this thread

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I have some cadmium paints, grotesque poisoning may be the aim of the day.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Blacksmithing

I suppose I could ask them to carry my anvil. I'd imagine they wouldn't be used to carrying that amount of weight. That might bother them

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.
I don't know, chisels, saws, axes, hammers... I'm pretty sure Hollywood has taken all the creativity out of those.

I suppose a #4 plane would be a rather nasty way to go, or a random orbit sander with 80 grit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I don't really want to think about the mess a router would make of a person. :(

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

The people in the beekeeping thread have a pretty good way to kill a person if that person is allergic to bees.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sting someone enough times and allergy bee ( :haw: ) damned someone's either dying or killing themselves to end the pain.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Make a program that uses the GPU so hard it overheats your apartment giving you dehydration or maybe just ordinary fan death.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I think for plastic modelling, you could use your airbrush to paint over someones spinal cord to kill them ala 'Goldfinger.'

We also have knives, too.

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.

88h88 posted:

I don't really want to think about the mess a router would make of a person. :(

Or a thickness planer.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

sarehu posted:

Make a program that uses the GPU so hard it overheats your apartment giving you dehydration or maybe just ordinary fan death.

Bitcoin?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm a woodworker so literally every tool is lethal in some way. The least dangerous thing in my shop is a ruler which I would stab through your eye. Or my hand planes which will bash in your brains and scalp you at the same time. And you don't even need an imagination for what my saws can can do.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

NICE TRY, LAW-MAN. YOU AIN'T GONNA FIND OUT ANY SECRET PLANS BY YOUR SUBTLE STATE SPONSORED SUBTERFUGE.

AIN'T NO ONE GONNA TAKE MY TOOLS FROM ME. NUH UH, NO SIR. THESE TOOLS THAT I PURCHASED WITH MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS OR BUILT WITH MY REMAINING ONE AND A HALF HANDS.

I CAN BARELY HEAR THE BELLS OF JUSTICE RINGING THROUGH MY ACUTE TINNITUS, BUT I KNOW THEY'RE TOLLING FOR YOU.

MY LUNGS MIGHT BE LIMITED BY SAWDUST-CAUSED HYPERSENSITIVITY PNEUMONITIS BUT I YEARN TO BREATHE FREE.

HANDS GNARLED WITH ARTHRITIS AND REPETITIVE STRAINS CAN STILL BEAT THE HAND TANNED DRUMSKINS OF LIBERTY.

EVEN WITH A CORNEA CLOUDED BY THE RUSTING SLIVER I PICKED UP A FEW MONTHS BACK CAN SEE THROUGH THIS PLOY.

THANK YOU, GOD BLESS, AND WEAR YOUR loving PPE

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I guess I'd put you on my tablesaws sliding table and rip you to size?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My hobby is 4wding and shooting... I think Shotgun + shovel + outback says it all really

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I would hide in the backseat of their unlocked van or SUV, let them drive home, wait until they went to bed, and steal their underpants, OP.. to death!

moggett
Oct 20, 2014
I could engrave someone to death with my Dremel, or give them a less than gentle exfoliation with a sanding disc.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Run their extremities through a free-arm leather sewing machine until they bleed out from the many many perforations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Air chisel (could be any air tool really) to the skull. Or drop a car on top of them. Loosen the sector-shaft nut on the steering rack, causing catastrophic steering loss (eventually).

If we're talking job...well, death by steam is a pretty nasty way to go...

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Slung Blade posted:

NICE TRY, LAW-MAN. YOU AIN'T GONNA FIND OUT ANY SECRET PLANS BY YOUR SUBTLE STATE SPONSORED SUBTERFUGE.

AIN'T NO ONE GONNA TAKE MY TOOLS FROM ME. NUH UH, NO SIR. THESE TOOLS THAT I PURCHASED WITH MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS OR BUILT WITH MY REMAINING ONE AND A HALF HANDS.

I CAN BARELY HEAR THE BELLS OF JUSTICE RINGING THROUGH MY ACUTE TINNITUS, BUT I KNOW THEY'RE TOLLING FOR YOU.

MY LUNGS MIGHT BE LIMITED BY SAWDUST-CAUSED HYPERSENSITIVITY PNEUMONITIS BUT I YEARN TO BREATHE FREE.

HANDS GNARLED WITH ARTHRITIS AND REPETITIVE STRAINS CAN STILL BEAT THE HAND TANNED DRUMSKINS OF LIBERTY.

EVEN WITH A CORNEA CLOUDED BY THE RUSTING SLIVER I PICKED UP A FEW MONTHS BACK CAN SEE THROUGH THIS PLOY.

THANK YOU, GOD BLESS, AND WEAR YOUR loving PPE

i like this post

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Well, there's the ole garrote and eye stab with the circular knitting needles. I'm sure you could do a lot of interesting damage with a sewing needle and thread, too.

Baking... I imagine taking a pyrex dish to the head would do it, and the resulting shards would also make effective slicing tools. That, or threaten them with carbs, maybe.

It's always carbs.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

I have knitted many things but never a noose. maybe it's time.

Doublethink
Sep 11, 2001

Umpossible my dear fellow, simply umpossible
Wood working is basically just a number of maiming and dismemberment machines, so that's easy.

Guns are pretty much designed for that.

RC quads, I suppose a phantom quad filled with thermite and some sort of igniter crashing into their house would be kinda brutal.

With home brew you could go for the long game and have your target die a very happy alcoholic. Another option would be to brew a nice botulism/staph stout.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Just make 'em go roll around the crappy construction thread for a while, something in there is bound to kill 'em.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I grow carnivorous plants, so my tools aren't particularly deadly, but I would have a convenient way to dispose of a body.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Liquid Communism posted:

Just make 'em go roll around the crappy construction thread for a while, something in there is bound to kill 'em.

Here, live in this house. For free. Yes. It belonged to my great uncle. Yeah, he was an electrician, so you know everything is good.

Coffee-can hi-hats and stab-lock panels kill everyone in the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

I have scalpels and super glue. I can redesign a man in many strange and beautiful ways.

• Locked thread