Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
i have a cheap casio calculator watch, it was only like 14 bucks but it gets the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
same. i wish the straps on my old f-91ws hadn't kept breaking i might have won a free trip to sunny cuba when i went through an airport

e: just a normal casio not a calculator one thats for nerds with pocket protectors and milk-bottle glasses

XMNN fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 21, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
It was a nice looking one

http://www.lg.com/global/gwatch/index.html#main

but its too early for them, they aren't that useful at all. Heck the battery doesn't even last 2 days!

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Yes I do. In many European cities it is downright idiotic to own a car so as a man the watch is the go to status symbol. This sadly matters in business interactions, as such you have no choice but to wear a decent watch.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Yes, op. Smart phone time keeping is too slow for this troper.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

how me a frog posted:

Yes I do. In many European cities it is downright idiotic to own a car so as a man the watch is the go to status symbol. This sadly matters in business interactions, as such you have no choice but to wear a decent watch.

Which one do you wear, my man?

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
Seikos are good value if you don't want to spend a lot. Skagens are nice too.

Watches are cool and useful.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Zeike posted:

Which one do you wear, my man?

A Skagen. This is the closest I could find on short notice.

It's a good watch because I am a poor working in an industry where most people are poors but appearances still matter a lot, and this kind of watch is slight enough to look classy in combination with a suit to someone who has no idea.

To clarify, wearing any kind of watch will garner respect unless its a Swatch or whatever, seeing as how smartphones are so ubiquitous and also poo poo.

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 21, 2015

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Ye

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Looks classy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I have a high powered laser pointer I attached to an elastic band that I wear around the office, turn on, and jump around corners trying to blind people with. It's awesome because I'm being like iron man.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
No OP, I use the sun and the moon to tell time as my ancestors did. Also I live in a mud hut and am typing on a pair of coconuts.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
yes I do op because I am an adult

mistakes at the lake
May 9, 2009
I have a solar powered bulletproof trekking watch the size of a small car. I always know my altitude and the the current barometric pressure, these things are important to me.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
We are separating the men from the boys itt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

girth brooks part 2 posted:

No OP, I use the sun and the moon to tell time as my ancestors did. Also I live in a mud hut and am typing on a pair of coconuts.

This but unironically.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ive been wearing the same Casio F-91 for the past two years almost now but only during the week at work or maybe sometimes when i go out. i find that easily being able to check the time helps me with real life

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f350/does-your-iwc-portuguese-automatic-7-days-attract-sufficient-attention-untrained-eyes-808714.html

^ assholes discuss why they buy cool watches that cost *>$5000 and its basically a rich white mans way of peeing on poo poo like a dog to make other critters aware of its presence and territory

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 21, 2015

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Hell no. There are clocks all over the drat place, anyway.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
no. why would i want girls to be attracted to me? girls are gross.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I don't think anyone really wears watches anymore since smartphones exist. Also, if you buy a "smart-watch" your an idiot.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Huh, I didn't know Something Awful had so many stupid assholes (people who wear watches)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Yes, I wear a watch, and have since I was a kid. Being able to tell the time with a subtle glance at my wrist is much easier and more efficient than fishing my phone out of my pocket. My phone is not constantly in my hands, because I am an adult and have a life.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
ITYOOL 2015?

Edit: TBH though, I'd love to own this watch:

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 21, 2015

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I found this piece of poo poo on the street a while back and kept it for whatever reason. Thinking of selling it for whatever I can get for it because it's just too busy for my taste.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

:happyelf:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

naw thats the two on the left this guy posted

Mariana Horchata posted:

ive been wearing the same Casio F-91 for the past two years almost now but only during the week at work or maybe sometimes when i go out. i find that easily being able to check the time helps me with real life

Minea
Feb 14, 2013

I'm sure it'll go away

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, I found this piece of poo poo on the street a while back and kept it for whatever reason. Thinking of selling it for whatever I can get for it because it's just too busy for my taste.

I actually really like that one except for the globe.

But in regards to the OP, I do not wear a watch unless I am out exercising then I wear a GPS watch to keep track of distance and such, but I am quite a fan of fancy looking watches especially if you can see all the inner workings and machinations.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

d0s posted:

naw thats the two on the left this guy posted

poo poo you're right. It looks familiar because I have a solar powered auto synchronizing G-Shock. I got it around 2003 it still works and is never ever off.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bitch I'm so fly i wear two smart watches

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

this is my watch

lmao if you think pulling out your smartphone is more convenient than moving your wrist

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I wear a silver Skagen cause I see a lot of live theater, and I'm too polite not to turn off my cell phone but not too polite to wonder when this loving show is gonna end.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Chainsawdomy posted:

I wear a silver Skagen cause I see a lot of live theater, and I'm too polite not to turn off my cell phone but not too polite to wonder when this loving show is gonna end.

this is a good reason to use a watch. another good reason to use a watch is realize that looking at your phone makes you look like an rear end in a top hat no matter the context

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I wear a really plain-looking but nice automatic and yet still check the time on my phone

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Yes, sometimes. It's a part of my work attire.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Business Gorillas posted:

another good reason to use a watch is realize that looking at your phone makes you look like an rear end in a top hat no matter the context

what an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
yes, of course, a wearable piece of art that tells time and makes me smile every time I look at it, why wouldn't I wear it?

• Locked thread