Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
i wear a watch on my penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i carry a pocket knife, it's one of those swiss army knives. been carrying it for over 20 years.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Dyna Soar posted:

well, watches in general. i honestly don't think smartwatches are gonna go big until they come up with a battery that lasts for at least a week.

I was gifted one of those Pebble smartwatches, its battery lasts a week. I would have never spent money on the thing but it is nice not having to pull your phone out of your pocket to look at the time, or whos texting, or calling, or to get weather forecasts, ect.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I wear a watch, and carry a pocket knife. Well, it's a Leatherman Juice multi-tool, but it has a knife on it.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah? i thought the battery life is two, three days max. what's pebble doing different?

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I carry an engraved seax.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

another watch-wearing pocketknife carrier here

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
fitbits are still the king of wrist worn fashion accessories for chronic douchebags.

and it sounds like every yuppie rear end in a top hat in town got one in their christmas stocking last year. unfortunately, they have yet to figure out that nobody loving cares about their constant gloating over how many steps they took walking around the office building the other day over whatever

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I got a new watch for xmas. I really like it. I also have a pocket watch from like 1890 something because it was free.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah? i thought the battery life is two, three days max. what's pebble doing different?

e-paper display

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
well poo poo

i want a smartphone with that poo poo, hah

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't carry a knife, but I literally carry this thing around on my belt/in my pocket every day in summer around the house or while I'm cutting grass/doing pool stuff because it fixes everything known to man.

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-Charge-Multi-Tool-TTi-Titanium/dp/B003GVOJT8

I'd rather have that than a watch, smartphone, or pocketknife. I'm sorry if you disagree because you're very wrong and probably not well enough off to own your own home/land.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Buddy of your dads pull that out of his rear end?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

well poo poo

i want a smartphone with that poo poo, hah

they've demoed phones that have a secondary eink display for weather/time/notifications; I want one bad

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i just want a regular phone with maps, really. give me a regular phone with a reasonably sized e-ink display and google maps in black and white.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

NihilismNow posted:

Adults wear watches much like they wear hats when they go outside. Decades ago.
The wristwatch is the fedora of the future. There is absolutely no point to a watch that does not lord your disposable income over people you interact with. If it costs less than €500(0) who are you even trying to impress?

Lmao jfc.

I like how a lot of people can't comprehend being balls deep in their phone 24/7.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I wear a watch because I've been wearing watches since I was a kid and it feels weird to not have something on my wrist, it's also kinda convenient

e: I would never spend over $150 or so on a watch though

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I use watches as one of my check-boxes when I interview people. I won't hire a person that doesn't wear a watch. No watch shows that they don't care what time it is.

When people have to haul out their phone to check the time, it's embarrassing. Grown-ups wear watches.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

mostlygray posted:

I use watches as one of my check-boxes when I interview people. I won't hire a person that doesn't wear a watch. No watch shows that they don't care what time it is.

are you serious

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

totally forgot I have one of these:

I saw an ad for it in wired when I was like 12 and really wanted it but it was expensive so I never got it until a few years ago when I ebayed one. It has a touchscreen it's cool

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Digital watches are ugly. Even my dive watches have analog faces.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

ok grandpa

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
everyone i know who wears a digital watch wears a casio. everyone +/- 5 years of my age had a casio watch when we were kids. it's nostalgia.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Using a digital watch makes me feel like an idiot.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i could totally wear a terrorist casio:

al qaeda's choice!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Dyna Soar posted:

i could totally wear a terrorist casio:

al qaeda's choice!

These are nice nice always had one on standby in some form. One with yellow lines, red and blue like in that picture. There's a transparant one with orange lines too which is really nice.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I really want the spike lee g-shock

I keep my weed & weed accessories in a g-shock tin

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

no because i cant wear anything on my hands or wrists because i cant leave w/e alone

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I own a Gold Tissot with leather straps that seems to be the real deal. I've looked around and it seems to be a Goldrun. The problem is that the watch has this tiny mark near the inside bottom of the watch. If I go to a watchmaker they be able to get rid of it? It annoys the poo poo out of me.

Dogthing
May 30, 2003

or is it.... just a dog??
Grimey Drawer

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I own a Gold Tissot with leather straps that seems to be the real deal. I've looked around and it seems to be a Goldrun. The problem is that the watch has this tiny mark near the inside bottom of the watch. If I go to a watchmaker they be able to get rid of it? It annoys the poo poo out of me.

is it on the dial or is it a mark in the metal of the exterior of the case

in either case the answer is 'probably'

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mariana Horchata posted:

fitbits are still the king of wrist worn fashion accessories for chronic douchebags.

and it sounds like every yuppie rear end in a top hat in town got one in their christmas stocking last year.

I wear a Fitbit Charge HR and either an Android Wear or Pebble every day so keep that in context. But yeah it is true, go to a bar in yuppieville and everyone is wearing Fitbits, Fitbits are basically a yuppie fashion accessory now. But I run so I deserve mine. :colbert:

brotato
May 14, 2013
Tissot goon: if your watch is not gold plated then the mark can be buffed out. Gold plate is a no go.

Also everyone please do not slam your watch impact is bad and wrecks the tiny pins in there. Wind it and if it still doesn't work get a new Seiko.

Fyi you need to wind automatic watches once a week to keep good time. Automatic is a p bullshit term imo.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Yes. The face is a pizza and the hands are the Noid's hands.

It was free with pizza.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
In 5th grade, a friend of mine had this watch

See, it runs backwards, which is goofy

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I don't leave home without my trusty Casio calculator watch. It helps when I'm calculating sales tax for my cheeto purchases.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Harald posted:

I have a simple analog watch that i wear. even in the age of smart phones, its nice to be able to tell the time at a glace. watch thoughts and opinions itt.

my watch cost more than your car op, real poo poo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

My brother gave me a watch for being best man at his wedding seven years ago, I pretty much wear it every day. It has baller mechanical movement, none of that quartz bullshit.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

d0s posted:

totally forgot I have one of these:

I saw an ad for it in wired when I was like 12 and really wanted it but it was expensive so I never got it until a few years ago when I ebayed one. It has a touchscreen it's cool

My dad's been wearing a Seiko Digiborg every day since 1981 or so

People used to make fun of it, now they think it's super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

how many guys still carry a pocket knife. and how do you replace that functionality with a phone.

gently caress, if my co-workers are any indication i'm an old fart just for having a wallet instead of having a bunch of cards and poo poo loose in my pocket.

Another old school goon! I carry both a pocket knife and a Leatherman. I also have a wallet and (for reasons I don't fully understand) a checkbook. The checkbook holds a couple of checks (i have not written a check in over a year) but also holds lots of those cards you get from various shops. I use the checkbook less than once a week, but I think that the main purpose it serves is to balance the wallet when I sit. That way both butt cheeks are padded with equal amounts of material and don't sit lopsided.

• Locked thread