Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Just buy a PSMO and have a feast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Dude hands down right now is beef heart. Still under 1.50 a pound.

It's lean as hell so treat it like bison, clean it real well, trim it down into steaks. I like to soak mine for a bit in salty water to season it. Then pepper and sear the fucker and call it a day.

It's like concentrated beef flavor with a hint of gamey-ness. Goes great with a chimichurri or Gorgonzola.

Oh my god what why did I never think of this.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

I'm late to the party, but why is that article saying "bone broth" is a gimmick? I have been making stock forever and maybe my families method is hosed up but we use bones for all our stocks. I know there are vegetable stocks out there, but why would literal actual stock be something to laugh at? Unless you aren't adding seasoning or other items to it to make an actual broth,

also I am dumb and may have misread that.

• Locked thread