Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Joust posted:

With innocent intentions I seem to have stumbled upon a serial killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfPPI4TqCq0

Australian, serial killer, same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

redshirt posted:

Whoa you're from Cairns?

I'll treat you with the respect you deserve from now on. Apologies for any past attitude.

who let you come back and post, btw?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

gnarlyhotep posted:

Australian, serial killer, same thing

when you live in a literal deathworld where the toilets flush the wrong way, you're only a product of your environment

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

when you live in a literal deathworld where the toilets flush the wrong way, you're only a product of your environment

it's the hole in the ozone layer that does it. all that extra radiation makes us who we are

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I ate a Sizzler quite a bit when I had a lot less money and lived near one. It was just a cheap steak place though, or maybe you could get some fried shrimp too if you were splurging. It wasn't good but it was inoffensive. What is this buffet poo poo in the OP? Have they turned into a Golden Corral type thing?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

it has always been a buffet as far as I know. it's always had the exact same poo poo in the buffet too

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

its literally next to a place named "innaloo"

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

d0s posted:

it has always been a buffet as far as I know. it's always had the exact same poo poo in the buffet too
It used to be a cheap steakhouse, no buffet. When I was a kid, I thought it was quite the grownup restaurant. There might have been a salad bar, though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Golden Corral is a whole another thing, I always like reading about the shooting and parking lot fights in the crime report that happen at the local Golden Corral.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The G'Corral now has all you can eat fish tacos :barf:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

golden corral is like flyover state sizzler, I've been there like 5 times and every time some crazy poo poo goes down idk what's up with that people get buck wild in there

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This is the only reason I know what Sizzler is

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oh my loving god I love corporate anthems

♪ ♫ Sizzler brings the choices
That you've been lookin' for
Giving you the right to choose
We're offering much more
By holding to traditions
Yet changing with the times

CHOICES AND SELECTIONS
CHOICES OF DIRECTIONS
CHOICES THAT CAN ADD A LITTLE
FREEDOM IN YOUR LIFE

Sizzler is the choice
of America
Sizzler gives you choices
Every day
That's the Sizzler way
Get a little freedom in
Your
Life
♫ ♪

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

d0s posted:

golden corral is like flyover state sizzler, I've been there like 5 times and every time some crazy poo poo goes down idk what's up with that people get buck wild in there

Never been to either place but i cant say i feel im missing much

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

cheese toast

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this thread is like the opposite of the burger thread. i hate it.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

fyodor posted:

i dont have a lot of time or money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_pfEn8QY9A

e: was the sneeze guard not invented yet in 1984 drat

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cams posted:

this thread is like the opposite of the burger thread. i hate it.

sounds like this guy hates freedom

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

skander posted:

It used to be a cheap steakhouse, no buffet. When I was a kid, I thought it was quite the grownup restaurant. There might have been a salad bar, though.

This is also my experience. My parents used to take us there for dinner sometimes. I thought it was fancy. Then my town got an Outback and it blew my pre-teen mind.

We also went to Bob's Big Boy for the breakfast buffet. I would crush soggy bacon and powdered mini donuts like a champ.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I have a Golden Corral that I've been to a couple times. It's pretty good if you're feeling mega gross but there's really no reason not to just go to a Chinese buffet instead since the big ones have basically all the same pizza and fried chicken and macaroni etc stuff plus Chinese food and maybe some 6/10 sushi if you're lucky. Never seen a Sizz in my area, maybe they fill their niche better.

At least they're all better than Sicilys, who wants to eat a dozen different kinds of garbage pizza for the price of just a larger single pizza, smh

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

3:52 that woman shakki g her rat tails needs to be a gif

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

KronicD posted:

That place is very close to my house. Do you live next door to me?

I live in the salad bar nobody ever found me yet

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Bregor posted:

This is also my experience. My parents used to take us there for dinner sometimes. I thought it was fancy. Then my town got an Outback and it blew my pre-teen mind.

We also went to Bob's Big Boy for the breakfast buffet. I would crush soggy bacon and powdered mini donuts like a champ.

how obese are you and you family, roughly?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

katlington posted:

I live in the salad bar nobody ever found me yet

nobody on this site is gonna look there im sure youre safe

Bregor
May 31, 2013

katlington posted:

how obese are you and you family, roughly?

In the 80s, the glory days of Sizzler, we were all pretty fit. I mean I was an elementary school kid, I could eat anything and still be rail thin.

Now that I'm a grown rear end man, I'm 5'10 and about 190. I play basketball and tennis when I can but don't work out enough, I'd like to be about 175.

Thank you for your concern about my physical fitness.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Nope.

The other day I mentioned that I had never been to a Chinese buffet to someone, they acted like I was a space alien. Sometimes I fear that I have missed out on a rich American cultural history of eating lovely food in ugly places.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bregor posted:

In the 80s, the glory days of Sizzler, we were all pretty fit. I mean I was an elementary school kid, I could eat anything and still be rail thin.

Now that I'm a grown rear end man, I'm 5'10 and about 190. I play basketball and tennis when I can but don't work out enough, I'd like to be about 175.

Thank you for your concern about my physical fitness.

its amazing that nowadays our elementary school kids could eat anything and turn into rolly pollies

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Frostwerks posted:

its amazing that nowadays our elementary school kids could eat anything and turn into rolly pollies

My mom used to let me run around outside all day. Now either kids don't want to or parents are scared of terrorists or Star Trek fans snatching them up.

drat it I sound like an old man. :corsair:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Nope.

The other day I mentioned that I had never been to a Chinese buffet to someone, they acted like I was a space alien. Sometimes I fear that I have missed out on a rich American cultural history of eating lovely food in ugly places.

uhh chinese buffets are awesome how else you gonna have all you can eat pistachio fluff

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

d0s posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_pfEn8QY9A

e: was the sneeze guard not invented yet in 1984 drat

"Alright boys, Ponderosa Steakhouse is killing it their new ad: dopey white guy can't decide where to take his family to eat. How can we compete with that?"

"Drop the family, make it three dopey white guys."

"Brilliant!"

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

home made food? throw it in the trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ISRnZx1BqU

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Lutha Mahtin posted:

whoa, ponderosa and bonanza steakhouses also still exist!

The lone remaining York Steakhouse is a couple miles from my house and it hasn't changed one loving bit since the 70s - this is from yelp:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Halah posted:

The lone remaining York Steakhouse is a couple miles from my house and it hasn't changed one loving bit since the 70s - this is from yelp:

Reminds me of Morrisons/Picadilly cafeteria (i think they were the same place but with different names like hardees/carls jr). I don't think there are any left but they were 70's time capsules when they were still around

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Sizzler do sound gross

G corral also is gross

Don truss anywhere has got cotton candy machine

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

d0s posted:

Reminds me of Morrisons/Picadilly cafeteria (i think they were the same place but with different names like hardees/carls jr). I don't think there are any left but they were 70's time capsules when they were still around

oh sweet baby child honey no, picadillys is alive and well here in the south :getin:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Neukoln19 posted:

Don truss anywhere has got cotton candy machine

It's pretty hard to argue this point

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Fetus Tree posted:

It's pretty hard to argue this point

My argument: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Sl5TUCPJU

guy seems chill

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQejgFYig0

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Anyone ever been to a Pancho's?

Pancho's rule. :mexico:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

my family stopped at a sizzler once during a vacation. everything was so salty that after about a third of a plate my mouth was burning from all of the salt and i couldn't continue. the family next to us had a 400+ lb teenage daughter who repeatedly shoved food into her face as fast as she was capable of, threw up on the floor, took a minute to recover, then went back to the buffet for more food. her parents didn't think this was unusual and were kind of just "oh ha ha how cute" about the whole thing.

also every 20 minutes or so an employee would walk around the salad bar and use a spray bottle to mist everything with melted butter. who the gently caress butters lettuce

• Locked thread