Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I have a Golden Corral that I've been to a couple times. It's pretty good if you're feeling mega gross but there's really no reason not to just go to a Chinese buffet instead since the big ones have basically all the same pizza and fried chicken and macaroni etc stuff plus Chinese food and maybe some 6/10 sushi if you're lucky. Never seen a Sizz in my area, maybe they fill their niche better.

At least they're all better than Sicilys, who wants to eat a dozen different kinds of garbage pizza for the price of just a larger single pizza, smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

d0s posted:

Reminds me of Morrisons/Picadilly cafeteria (i think they were the same place but with different names like hardees/carls jr). I don't think there are any left but they were 70's time capsules when they were still around

oh sweet baby child honey no, picadillys is alive and well here in the south :getin:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The Twinkie Czar posted:

My sister and her husband used to occasionally eat at Piccadilly Cafeteria but not anymore. You carry your tray through the line, you pick out your own items, you carry your tray of food to the table- it's a cafeteria, not a full service restaurant, right? You don't need to tip a server that only brings you your drink, right? Oh, honey. They noticed someone at another table tipping and realized they had been stiffing the waitstaff for years. She's feels so bad about it that she can't go back.

Interesting, Piccadilly now has an Emergency Services division that can roll in with a mobile kitchen following disasters.

Yeah I still leave a dollar or two at buffets and stuff since, while I am barely getting any table service, I know the staff are probably still dependant on tips since this is America. Especially at Chinese places since their waiters are probably doing even worse than the standard.

• Locked thread