Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It was just ok but certainly nothing that constitutes best picture quality.

The camera work was interesting and the lighting was interesting, but the story took forever to get going and the build up to the final scene didn't really pay off.

I've seen better former heroes go crazy in venture brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

nobody will tell me if this is about harvey birdman!!!

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
No Reducto = Do Not Watch

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

nobody will tell me if this is about harvey birdman!!!

It's not, but the Birdman hero in his mind looks like if the director to batman and Robin made the harvey Birdman costume.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

ugh. not interested

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
good lord, fisher...

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ugh

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It really reminded me of the movie K-Pax because you're spending the entire time wondering if the mental illusions are real or if they're fake.

It turns out that at the end of the movie he intentionally shoots his nose off with a real gun that just somehow appears, winds up in the hospital, sees his new nose, then opens a window and then the camera switches back to his daughter coming in the room and thinking he killed himself by jumping, but then she looks down and sees nothing and then looks up while giving this weird rear end wide eyed look.

the movie ends from there

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Watch Bibleman instead.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The Taint Reaper posted:

It really reminded me of the movie K-Pax because you're spending the entire time wondering if the mental illusions are real or if they're fake.

It turns out that at the end of the movie he intentionally shoots his nose off with a real gun that just somehow appears, winds up in the hospital, sees his new nose, then opens a window and then the camera switches back to his daughter coming in the room and thinking he killed himself by jumping, but then she looks down and sees nothing and then looks up while giving this weird rear end wide eyed look.

sounds depressing imo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

sounds depressing imo

it's not as bad as revolutionary road. But the first 1/3rd of the movie is nothing but people arguing.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
lmao

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
should have poop comin out in time with the thrusts tho

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i liked it

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
One of my friends said it was amazing OP. Who do I listen to?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PoPcornTG posted:

One of my friends said it was amazing OP. Who do I listen to?

Does your friend wear weird hats and shops almost exclusively at Whole Foods and overpriced bodegas?

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

The Taint Reaper posted:

Does your friend wear weird hats and shops almost exclusively at Whole Foods and overpriced bodegas?

No. But he does have a baby face and bad facial hair.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
prehaps, in the end, hravey beirdman discover him wings agian

poingnant. beutifull

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
it was ok. emma stone is cute

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

quakster posted:

prehaps, in the end, hravey beirdman discover him wings agian

poingnant. beutifull

this is what im talking about!!

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Damo posted:

it was ok. emma stone is cute

Wait Emma Stone is in this one?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Not sure what it was about, but it sure went a long time, so good value for money I guess.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

How he poop in sky?

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

stop making threads about my avatar tia

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

enjoy your moment in the limelihgt my friend

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
but the music was good or did we not like that also?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I thought it was alright.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The part where he flew over the mayor during the speech and took a huge white poo poo was good.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

cinema discussion -

talks about birdman for 4 pages.

talks about transformers for 500 pages.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

grand budapest or birdman get my best picture pick, they were amazing, everything else was meh.

note i have not seen boyhood or whiplash yet i'm lazy

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

hemale in pain posted:

cinema discussion -

talks about birdman for 4 pages.

talks about transformers for 500 pages.

To be fair there's like four Transformers movies and several decades of cartoons and toys and comics and crap.

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014
it was really drab and pretentious. good job at removing the camera from the mirrors though

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

cams posted:

grand budapest or birdman get my best picture pick, they were amazing, everything else was meh.

note i have not seen boyhood or whiplash yet i'm lazy

whiplash is about an autistic kid who gets emmotionally abused by a teacher so much that he becomes the best drummer int he world. if your autistic its movie of the year for sure. can't recomened it for nonaustitics though

e: also I'm pretty sure the teacher was autistic also

brick cow fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 21, 2015

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

gently caress you you have to like all the same things I like it's in the rules

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

12 years to make

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Birdman was actually pretty awesome, though not as awesome as Grand Budapest.

I would recommend watching Birdman to anyone. It has a sweet drum solo for most of the movie, which combined with the claustrophobic backstage rooms and hallways makes you feel like you're going crazy with Keaton, until you get on the open stage and feel a sort of relief, just like most of the characters.

Edward Norton is also cool as poo poo in it

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

The Taint Reaper posted:

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

burritolingus posted:

To be fair there's like four Transformers movies and several decades of cartoons and toys and comics and crap.

oh okay for a minute there i thought it was weird

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

burritolingus posted:

No Reducto = Do Not Watch

Reducto and Mentok were the best characters imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012