Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
In!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

It's the real authentic, leave y'all dented
Forget what ya heard, if I said it, I meant it
Did it for real, while y'all pretended
Back for more, startin' the war to end it

I would like in on this, yes.

I actually just posted a video to this as my first post in my first mafia game.

Then quoted it a whole bunch in the SPILL game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

This sounds pretty cool! I'm in.

Hey Gaspy, did you ever go read the rest of the last deaddoc by any chance?

Who's to say?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Can I suggest a rule? Just thinking of thousands really. I was talking to gaspy about it towards the end of the last game and apparently dead doc was too:

I think we need to stop the referring to past games. Like arguing someone is or isnt playing like they were in game X or whatever.

Should we just treat each game as each own little uhh instance? Like if you think toml is playing different to than last game maybe act on it, but don't mention it and don't make it party of your argument?

Idk. :shrug: I've decided I'm not going to anymore.

So if you notice the disparity, you can say you think they're suss, and if they ask why you're just like :shrug: ?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

I'm not playing, but my 2 cents is that this is a bad rule.

Basically the meat and potatoes of mafia is conversation. I personally think those conversations should have as few artificial constraints as possible. It's easy to justify having a rule of "Don't share PMs from the Mod, or fake PMs from the Mod" because that rule is entirely consistent with the principle that communications between a mod and a player are secret. It's also easy to justify having a rule of "Don't post after hammer" because that can steal the mod's thunder (and given that it's the mod's game that's pretty poor form). It's also easy to justify having a rule of "Don't talk about this outside the thread" because that breaks the day night cycle.

I don't think there's as clear a justification for the rule you're proposing.

I agree with this.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Hmm I didn't explain it well.

I mean the meta game. Eg. Gaspy arguing against me saying I only wanted to kill him because I joked about in Facebook. Or arguments that it's revenge from x game or y game. I'm saying we limit it to talking about the current game people are participating in.

If they want to argue someone's acting out of character yeah fine, you couldn't even try to police that I guess.

Fair enough, it doesn't have to be a rule the . I'll just treat it as scummy behaviour in future.

lol keep reaching for that lynch. You'll never get it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

I think the way people post is only going to change and evolve the more games they play. I mean, it is my intention to post drastically differently in the next game and I don't think that should be considered inherently suspicious.

Regarding voting being based on old feuds? Just seems like people would do so at their own peril, really.

I'm genuinely fascinated to see what happens if Anidav survives to day 3

If Anidav survives, in my experience, he kills us all.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Don't think. Do.
That's what I say.

Sow panic, and surrender will bloom.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Morning! I had somehow forgotten that I'd signed up for a game of mafia so woke up very confused to have a message from Tithin.

Loving the flavour text so far!

##vote Anidav

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

What did you think of Anidav's statistical comparison of games where he lives versus games where he's turbolynched?

I'd prefer to treat today like a game of musical chairs, where the person with the least posts when the music stops falls on their rear end AND DIES

Yeah I'm honestly wicked keen to keep Anidav around, just doing a joke vote.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Still sore after the spill game :p

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh boy character posting!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

So okay, let's talk a little. There's a few people here into Worm, I've never read it. It's a modern day super hero story? Like I get some of it from what Tith put in the flavour text, but keen to hear what others have to say.

Yeah if you can all just talk a whole bunch that'd be great.

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I've never read it either. So while the flavor looks fun, I'm afraid I won't be able to come up with any clever breadcrumb references or anything.

The only solution is to lynch Anidav anyone who talks in character.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

*adds to notes: if Gaspy = scum, Milky, SKY COQ, TBK = possible framejob*

Why does Anidav get a pass then? :allears:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Is "I don't have a role PM yet" some kind of reference that went over my head? :confuoot:

No I'm saying that you stuck up for him once saying "maybe its a good idea to keep him around" and then again when I listed off a bunch of people you some how neglected to include Anidav in the list.

Get it together Bif.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

This is an incredibly bad idea. I am proud of my cape identity. Do you want to be the first to be considered an acceptable risk?

For what it is worth, we are not facing the entirety of the Nine. If we were, Toybox would have already fallen. We must determine which members of the Nine we are facing.

I can't do an analysis on loving roleplaying so yeah, I consider it scummy as gently caress. You can talk about fistmaster or bogtwiller or whatever bullshit but all I see is "I have something to hide".

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, I agreed with not wanting to shut down old game talk, but there have been a LOT of old games recently, so if you're gonna be all "you stuck up for him once" you might wanna be a little more specific!

Also which list are you talking about cause I only see 9 posts from you so far in the actual game and none of them contains one? Am I already in one of the parallel universes?

:psyduck:

Bifauxnen posted:

What did you think of Anidav's statistical comparison of games where he lives versus games where he's turbolynched?

I'd prefer to treat today like a game of musical chairs, where the person with the least posts when the music stops falls on their rear end AND DIES

This amounts to you saying "lets not vote for Anidav".

Asphyxious posted:

The only solution is to lynch Anidav anyone who talks in character.

Bifauxnen posted:

*adds to notes: if Gaspy = scum, Milky, SKY COQ, TBK = possible framejob*

Somehow despite the fact that I've voted for and listed Anidav, you've completely omitted him from this. I mean I get that it's a joke, it just feels like you're trying to get people to ignore him altogether.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Aaaah, now I gotcha. Casting 1 vote (which was allegedly meant to be a jokevote) is not exactly a "list" though so I had no clue what you were talking about.

So far I only saw Milky, Coq and TBK talking in character, so I thought those were the people actually affected by your more seriouspost.

Fair enough too. Honestly I'm just mournful, if this was a Transformers game or something I'd actually be joining in with them, as is I feel like I'm left on the sidelines. This could be a fun way to learn about the characters/setting I guess. But I still think its an anti-town play.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

while I'm extraordinarily doubtful this could happen, it could also be an effort at trying to get other townies to have an open mind on day one, rather than rush for a turbolynch that stops us from having any meaningful discussion

this day phase is super long, as well, so there could well be some daytime powers that might make it actively detrimental to turbolynch anyone, not just anidav

oooh daypowers! Like daycop that sort of thing! cool.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

All righty then!

*adds to notes: if Gaspy = town, tell Buccellatti to stop lickin' the floor*

Licking the floor?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Your analytical skills pale in comparison to my own, even without my partner here.

Lying is also an anti-town play, Milky.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Milky?

My name is Defiant.

Your name is Mud after your last two games, m8

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

for those of us who don't really know much about capes beyond occasionally poo poo gets fukt, want to tell us what we're on the lookout for?

Interesting.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

I am the greatest asset you have.

I do not make the same errors twice.

This is the kind of poo poo I was saying when I was pretending to be scum, and I don't think you've got the chops to pull off my techniques.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Please, tell us more.

##vote Gwynplaine

I'm sure he meant to say Town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait, who's supposed to have the Halberd, Milky's character Defiant, or the Collin guy? Is Collin the one Milky referred to as his partner, who wasn't around?

It is still Monday and my brain might not be turned on yet, but this made it sound like this Collin dude with the Halberd is supposed to be here in the Toybox, not Defiant.

And what's the Dragon stuff supposed to be about?

Biiiiiiiiiif don't let Milky set the loving narrative. Come on, both scum bif and town bif agreed that what the games needed was newer, quieter people having more input, not letting long suffering savant Milky Moor tell everyone how to play.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Defiant is my cape identity. Dragon is my partner. Colin - one ell - is my name.

Disclosure of my name outside of this mission will result in punitive action. Consider it a token of my trust.

I can't fuckin follow this

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Fascinating.

Intriguing.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

TBK or Coq, wanna verify the details? (anybody else who's read the books?)

Gaspy, I do agree with you that we gotta be real careful with how we handle this stuff, but since he is dumping all this out there, we should at least clarify what his story even is so we can better pick it apart.

I don't agree at all but do what you gotta do I guess. I'm going to apply my own methods where I can, I learnt my lesson HARD last game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Take your time, everything I've said is true. You can verify my allegiance tonight. I'm sure there's some sort of technology to do so here.

mm. because there's no scum roles that could affect how you would appear when investigated. none. Not a thing that happens.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I think it may even have been Milky himself who said this sort of thing was a dumb idea last game as it means any scum aligned watchers/etc get to sweep up all the power roles.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

It'd be a waste of resources, but if it is what it takes to assure you all that I am here for the Slaughterhouse then it would be be the most efficient course of action.

Or you can confirm someone else who hasn't been telling you the truth.

No, gently caress this.

##vote Milky Moor

I'm not going to have a whole game of listen to Milky lord a bunch of bollocks over us while simultaneously making consistently anti-town plays while people stand around going "hmm maybe he has a point". This game needs conversation and analysis, not whatever this bullshit is.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mills posted:

milky is my bro though so na

Can I join the useless wanker club too? I think you'll find I'm overqualified for the position, but I'm a quick learner.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Perhaps my capabilities have enforced certain restrictions upon my activities thus far. That is something for you to consider.

Like Tithin gave you the caveat that if you don't roleplay you lose all your powers?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

That would be accurate.

Hahahaha holy poo poo

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I want to believe you because that's funny as all hell, but I can't imagine Tithin putting you in the position of attracting a lynch. Like you're way into this setting, why force you to paint a huge loving bullseye on yourself?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I guess if I did that (because it's a hilarious idea) I'd add the counterweight that something pretty bad happened to those trying to lynch you. Even so, even assuming that's true (which I wont) why the other bad town plays? Like I imagine you'll keep it to yourself for "reasons" but I'm keen to see your rationale once this is over.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

uggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

He faces the same problem Bif does where if he tries to have fun, he gets lynched because everyone else thinks it is a mastermind scum move.

yesss but he's also encouraging bad town moves by heavily implying people should investigate/protect/whatever him tonight. So whats the explanation for that?

• Locked thread