Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

midday hockey is perfect when there's 8 inches of snow on the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

not one islander was even aware of niskanen's presence on that goal

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

cant wait to watch vancouver get pounded by the isles tomorrow!!!!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

STROME BITCHES :siren:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thanks for getting me all excited and pumped for some ice hockey only to cruelly pull it away from me with the 3.5 hour gap in your scheduling today, NHL :(

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

please tell me this actually happened

Draglikepull ‏@draglikepull 54s54 seconds ago
"Clarkson tries the wrap-around but he doesn't have the puck." That about sums it up.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

yay dallas guy who just scored!!!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

penguins twitter making a strong showing tonight

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 2m2 minutes ago
GOAL REPLAY: Comeau Comeau Comeau Comeau Comeau Chameleon → http://pens.pe/1BzsDZP

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

gently caress detroit forever, erik cole scores :siren:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the stars scored 3 goals in 3 minutes tonight on the most elite goalie in the league

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh my god kari lehtonen sucks and every dallas star sucks at defense

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jakub kindl has 2 goals in 2 minutes, one of which coming when kari lehtonen fell down like a newborn deer or a veteran MAF and couldn't get back up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i haven't watched more than 5 minutes of an outdoor game since probably 2011 so i bet this will be super fresh and cool for me

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm trying to get stadium series tickets for next year but what the hell is this :stare:

"what part isn't cool & badass about a hockey team running through a field of grass on to their icy battlefield while metallica plays?" - some brain damaged NHL planning guy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Vincent Van Goat posted:

The Blues broadcast just described Erry as the "fine color analyst for the Penguins". I'm glad they can incorporate humor into their (excellent) commentary.

maybe he has a wonderful eye for hues

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

why the poo poo are they wearing those jackets

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hmm, let's give San Jose an outdoor game before Denver, St. Louis, or St. Paul :shrek:

-A loving idiot

i'm watching an ice rink melt on live tv and i'm loving it

:siren: muzzin!!!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this game is like an MXC version of hockey. not only do you have to beat the opponent, you have to beat the clock before your playing surface dissolves beneath your feet and you fall into a pit

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

of all the awful janky looking things in this game, the varsity jackets are honestly the worst of all

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Is it just me or do the hits seem really huge this game? They almost seem exaggerated

the ice is soft and nobody can keep their footing so it is basically working out like ragdoll physics in a GTA game

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Shouldn't people keep their footing better if it's soft? I've only skated on ultrahard ice so I don't know.

my understanding is that with soft ice, your edges dig in further and it creates a lot of added resistance

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the kings uniforms look like something an evil crew from original star trek would wear

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the puck is just randomly changing directions and whizzing past players on every pass

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Mage_Boy posted:

Now to watch hockey on terrible ice.

this is so much of an understatement. this is eighth circle of hell ice

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

please have john scott try to punch someone while trying to balance himself in a pile of slush

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

:siren: CAVEMAN GOAL :siren:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

nobody can even stay on their feet, and everyone is getting more and more mad about it. there will be so many loving fights in this game

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

brent burns looks more like a hobo murderer with each passing day

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

outdoor games have jumped the shark

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

they jumped it in a rocket ship and jumped it so hard they won't ever come back down on the other side

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i guess i never realized how much overlap there was between Hockey Fans and Dad Rock Lovers

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this ice looks a million times worse

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

someone got hit and lost complete control of his skating ability and just glided gently into the referee

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that shot went in with all the velocity of a badminton lob

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this sportsnet graphic seems awfully aggressive to ol' joe.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

defend this you old loving geezers

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

are we seriously fightless so far? gently caress you john scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

gaborik :siren:

• Locked thread