Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
MAIN CARD
FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
Frank Mir vs. Antonio Silva
Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson
Sam Alvey vs. Cezar Ferreira
Rustam Khabilov vs. Adriano Martins
Iuri Alcantara vs. Frankie Saenz
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Sean Strickland

PRELIMINARY CARD
FOX Sports 1, 6 p.m. ET
Jessica Andrade vs. Marion Reneau
Matt Dwyer vs. William Macario
Mike De La Torre vs. Tiago Trator
Wendell Oliveira vs. T.J. Waldburger *** TJ fainted - fight cancelled

PRELIMINARY CARD
UFC Fight Pass, 5 p.m. ET
Cody Gibson vs. Douglas Silva
Ivan Jorge vs. Josh Shockley

Snack rating:
A slice of pizza after the toppings fell off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
TJ Waldburger went unconscious several hours ahead of schedule.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Weigh-ins start in 10 minutes:
http://www.ufc.com/media/fight-night-porto-alegre-weigh-in

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

"Roguelikes"*

*Latest Fad
mir is gonna win round 1 after he clocks bigfoot's giant head with a stupid punch and taps him out. frank's back baby.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i hope mir fucks that giant rear end in a top hat up so bad that he's given permission to gently caress his own wife

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i hope mir fucks that giant rear end in a top hat up so bad that he's given permission to gently caress his own wife

:lol:

Watching this on FS2 and it's kinda strange to hear this guy trying to hype the crowd in another language.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
White man dreads

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Brazilian with Batman tattoo vs Ras-Trent

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I want them both to lose and retire

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
bigfoot dq for chin-in-eye

standing, hopefully without clinching

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think both Mir and Bigfoot are talented fighters and this is an intriguing style matchup, albeit between two guys who aren't particularly relevant to their division's title picture. They've both had really tough runs lately and it's nice to see them in an appropriate fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

mir is gonna win round 1 after he clocks bigfoot's giant head with a stupid punch and taps him out. frank's back baby.

The more I think about this match the more I genuinely believe that's exactly what's going to happen

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

"Roguelikes"*

*Latest Fad

fatherdog posted:

The more I think about this match the more I genuinely believe that's exactly what's going to happen

I think it depends on how faded Mir is but if he's gonna beat a real guy before he retires it's gonna be by brutal destruction and Bigfoot is definitely the likeliest victim. I loving hated Frank when I first started watching MMA (after the first Nog fight) but he's slowly wormed his way into my heart and I really want to see him win a la the Kongo fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Mir came in at 261, still with visible abs, by the way. I'm pretty sure that's the heaviest he's been in a while. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, or just a thing.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

fatherdog posted:

Mir came in at 261, still with visible abs, by the way. I'm pretty sure that's the heaviest he's been in a while. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, or just a thing.

I saw that, but I worry about his cardio as always.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Kind of hilarious that FS2 just showed Mir getting killed by JDS.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Being someone whose serious MMA watching career began around Mir - Abbot and Mir - Sylvia arm snap I've always had an extremely soft spot for his weird rear end and want him to do well.

I think it all comes down to how his mental game is. If he isn't a headcase anymore and comes in chill, I dig those chances.

Bigfoot just simply is Bigfoot. Big as hell, gonna be there being big as hell, going to throw some big as hell punches. If you are Overeem (a giant failure) that's eventually going to be a problem. If you are Frank, who the gently caress knows?

Come on Mir, spam your weird Nog killing 1, 2, 3 combo and get a late career resurgence going back. Your wife might let you ejaculate in the safe room as her.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Log posted:

Being someone whose serious MMA watching career began around Mir - Abbot and Mir - Sylvia arm snap I've always had an extremely soft spot for his weird rear end and want him to do well.

I think it all comes down to how his mental game is. If he isn't a headcase anymore and comes in chill, I dig those chances.

Bigfoot just simply is Bigfoot. Big as hell, gonna be there being big as hell, going to throw some big as hell punches. If you are Overeem (a giant failure) that's eventually going to be a problem. If you are Frank, who the gently caress knows?

Come on Mir, spam your weird Nog killing 1, 2, 3 combo and get a late career resurgence going back. Your wife might let you ejaculate in the safe room as her.

The wonderful world where Frank The Cuck is more of a man than The Demolition Man.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
want to post a friendly reminder that bigfoot holds a victory over the Greatest Fighter of Russian Fedoration For All Times

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp9ZaVLNxzE

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:D

Jennifer's "he was so fat and sloppy" :lol:

I want hear her thoughts on Mir/Crocop and the rest of frank's career.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Personality wise Frank Mir carries himself in the same way JT does, but without the Sun Tzu outer dialog, and not British.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
tbh Frank Mir's wife seems pretty cool.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Did Bigfoot look very unjacked at the weigh ins or was that just me?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

Did Bigfoot look very unjacked at the weigh ins or was that just me?

Bigfoot's always had skinny arms relative to his body and a relatively non-muscular look, probably because his frame is so big that he wouldn't be able to make weight if he put on any more muscle than he already has.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the most interesting scenario for bigfoot v mir is bigfoot takes him down and we see mir work off his back against bigfoot. i mean as far as if its actually going to be good

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
probably the best thing would be a a quick finish but if we have to watch it id at least like to see them grapple instead of kickbox very badly

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
This card is pretty weird but I guess the top 4 fights are ok. I'm excited for the return of Cezar Mootanch, VItor coattail rider.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Seltzer posted:

This card is pretty weird but I guess the top 4 fights are ok. I'm excited for the return of Cezar Mootanch, VItor coattail rider.

Iuri Alcantara is a good fighter with terrible takedown defense, Santiago Ponzinibbio isn't awful for a TUF Brasil guy. I don't see why everyone is so down on this card other than making GBS threads all over the headliner on general principle.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Johnson/Barboza should be a lot of fun.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Iuri Alcantara is a good fighter with terrible takedown defense, Santiago Ponzinibbio isn't awful for a TUF Brasil guy. I don't see why everyone is so down on this card other than making GBS threads all over the headliner on general principle.

I'm looking forward to the main the most tbh.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Seltzer posted:

I'm looking forward to the main the most tbh.

I like Barboza vs Johnson a bit more but the main is a pretty good fight and I'm really sick of people whining about every matchup and how all fighters are bad.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Alcantra looked a lot better against Faber than most people do, and he switched to Jackson's for this fight which is kind of interesting.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Also Barboza/Johnson is probably going to be good, and I like Smilin' Sam Alvey.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I'm more excited for this card than the PPV next weekend. Rousey/Cat could be good, but the rest will probably not be.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm looking forward to the Return of Frank Mir

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Khabilov is ridiculously fun to watch, too

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
If Frank Mir did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him - Voltaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
I'm looking forward to Khabilov suplexing a man.

• Locked thread