Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

henkman posted:

I'm looking forward to the Return of Frank Mir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That's me watching Mir fight

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think what really annoys me about people saying Bigfoot sucks is that he really doesn't at all. His speed is a huge glaring weakness, but other than that, he doesn't have any really big holes in his game. There's always that chance someone will blast him inside his guard while he's lumbering forward, but other than that he's an extremely tough fight for anyone, and how many heavyweights rely on quick hands and footwork other than JDS and Arlovski? He hasn't had any chances in the UFC to show off how much better he is than most heavyweights except the Travis Browne fight. What I think is really impressive is his ability to gameplan and then stick to his plan no matter how much trouble he gets into.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I think what really annoys me about people saying Bigfoot sucks is that he really doesn't at all. His speed is a huge glaring weakness, but other than that, he doesn't have any really big holes in his game. There's always that chance someone will blast him inside his guard while he's lumbering forward, but other than that he's an extremely tough fight for anyone, and how many heavyweights rely on quick hands and footwork other than JDS and Arlovski? He hasn't had any chances in the UFC to show off how much better he is than most heavyweights except the Travis Browne fight. What I think is really impressive is his ability to gameplan and then stick to his plan no matter how much trouble he gets into.

Bigfoot isn't really good at anything, but he's also not really bad at anything except not getting punched, and he's tough and huge and mentally strong. It's a formidable combination, but it's also exactly the kind of dude that can get ripped to shreds by Mir if he makes any kind of mistake.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Bigfoot sucks in the sense that all heavyweights suck

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

henkman posted:

Same

Mir's gonna win tonight

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNn3rHMvWcg

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
^^^ MODS PLEASE REMOVE THIS ILLEGAL CONTENT

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Frankie baby, fantastic

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I have the same curiously hopeful feeling I had when Arlovski fought Bigfoot, although I like Arlovski much more than Mir.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

fatherdog posted:

Bigfoot isn't really good at anything, but he's also not really bad at anything except not getting punched, and he's tough and huge and mentally strong. It's a formidable combination, but it's also exactly the kind of dude that can get ripped to shreds by Mir if he makes any kind of mistake.

It's just interesting to see the guy with the best mental toughness and gameplanning in the division fighting the guy who's the worst at those things.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

^^^ MODS PLEASE REMOVE THIS ILLEGAL CONTENT

It's my fave sub of all time and Frank Mir owns. Nog was loving daft going for a bjj sub on arguably the best no Gi sub grapple hw man in the ufc's history to try and prove a point and it back fired amazingly. PJ Bjj doesn't work suckers

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fat Twitter Man posted:

It's just interesting to see the guy with the best mental toughness and gameplanning in the division fighting

Cain's still injured.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

the guy with the best mental toughness and gameplanning in the division

is this base solely on the alistair fight because other guys fit this description better than bigfoot silva

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

The Duck of Death posted:

I like Arlovski much more than Mir.

I don't think that sentence has ever been uttered by a non-Belarusian.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

henkman posted:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

It's full of stars

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

I don't know if we can do backgrounds in PSP, but if we can, you know what to do

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Needs Urijah dancing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I don't know if we can do backgrounds in PSP, but if we can, you know what to do

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
I've always approached Frank Mir fights with the attitude that whatever happens it'll probably be cool because he's like a dying sun but I really want him to win tonight and it's a strange and unsettling feeling.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

I've always approached Frank Mir fights with the attitude that whatever happens it'll probably be cool because he's like a dying sun but I really want him to win tonight and it's a strange and unsettling feeling.

Frank Mir has not become 100 times larger or 2000 times more luminous. That would be Mark Hunt.

Edit: or Matt Serra

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
mark hunt has actually become smaller

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm glad the Frank Mir fans are turning out. Lets go!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Good god why are they putting on 6 fight main cards at 8pm ET on a Sunday?

Seems like a bad idea for the local and east coast USA markets.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
as i understand it, this show has been going for over an hour now and nobody has posted about it. great success

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I thought that was interesting as well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That round made me laugh, I like to laugh.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I thought Gibson was Darrell Elkins

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Something happened!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You guys are missing some good scrambles.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Brazilian guy is gassed to hell.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Pretty good fight, I have it for Silva.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That ref was the first ref in UFC history to wear skinny jeans, right?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Right decision but 30-27 is wrong.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like how half of that highlight reel was beating up Overeem.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Knock this man out Frank. Then choke him out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Holy gently caress late stoppage.

• Locked thread