Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
TJ Waldburger went unconscious several hours ahead of schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think both Mir and Bigfoot are talented fighters and this is an intriguing style matchup, albeit between two guys who aren't particularly relevant to their division's title picture. They've both had really tough runs lately and it's nice to see them in an appropriate fight.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Seltzer posted:

This card is pretty weird but I guess the top 4 fights are ok. I'm excited for the return of Cezar Mootanch, VItor coattail rider.

Iuri Alcantara is a good fighter with terrible takedown defense, Santiago Ponzinibbio isn't awful for a TUF Brasil guy. I don't see why everyone is so down on this card other than making GBS threads all over the headliner on general principle.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Seltzer posted:

I'm looking forward to the main the most tbh.

I like Barboza vs Johnson a bit more but the main is a pretty good fight and I'm really sick of people whining about every matchup and how all fighters are bad.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think what really annoys me about people saying Bigfoot sucks is that he really doesn't at all. His speed is a huge glaring weakness, but other than that, he doesn't have any really big holes in his game. There's always that chance someone will blast him inside his guard while he's lumbering forward, but other than that he's an extremely tough fight for anyone, and how many heavyweights rely on quick hands and footwork other than JDS and Arlovski? He hasn't had any chances in the UFC to show off how much better he is than most heavyweights except the Travis Browne fight. What I think is really impressive is his ability to gameplan and then stick to his plan no matter how much trouble he gets into.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

fatherdog posted:

Bigfoot isn't really good at anything, but he's also not really bad at anything except not getting punched, and he's tough and huge and mentally strong. It's a formidable combination, but it's also exactly the kind of dude that can get ripped to shreds by Mir if he makes any kind of mistake.

It's just interesting to see the guy with the best mental toughness and gameplanning in the division fighting the guy who's the worst at those things.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
how can everything else be so good and his takedown defense be so bad

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Roman Herbom posted:

Khabilov time.

At the rate tonight has gone, he's going to lose.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"continuing to circle and stare"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
i have sort of a blank spot in my mind when it comes to michael johnson. has he ever just been outstruck, or are all his losses fights where he got taken down?

• Locked thread