Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
We're Polystralia and have one or potentially two trading partners in arm's reach. I don't think we have a choice other than a Trade Depot and some Trade Convoys to go with it.

I also am a fan of granting transhumanist folks refuge. Maybe we can trade them medical supplies for the secrets of their cybernetic bits, mwahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Yeah, unless you literally plan on having only one or two cities ever, Standardized Architecture is grand. Get it, colonize, profit.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
We are traders first and foremost; our defense workers should be protected by our diplomacy, as war befouls trade, therefore our Civil Workers should receive the greater benefits of our clinics.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
I would contest the idea of immediately choosing to remove the augmentations as an immediate reaction; in dedicating ourselves to this path, we cut off other possibilities. Let us instead provide for the Augmented and seek to recreate and enhance their augmentations, using what technologies and materials we can. Social care can alleviate the pains of the misunderstanding and short-sighted, while the service they can provide may allow us steps beyond mere 'functionality'.
It may be callous to say they will die no matter what, but truth is callous, and life is harsh; let the possibility of a hastened death have meaning, rather than restoring them to live another dozen years in obscurity. Let them become our heroes; hold them up as shining beacons of the human spirit of adventurousness and innovation. Continue the Research.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 11, 2015

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
It becomes more difficult, though; more research to hit all the secondary affinity techs, etc. A few points in a secondary affinity isn't too bad, but once one becomes Dominant [around rank 4+], others are harder to raise.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Seconding energy crop.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Basically, while the precise incrementing cost of new virtues isn't something I can call up off the top of my head, it's advantageous in the sense that you'll have a total of 7 virtues instead of 6, right now, and thus be reaping all the benefits of it. If you delay until five more virtues in your main tree before taking the first in another,y ou'll still end up 1 virtue ahead [and be at 12 instead of 11], but you'll have gone those 5 virtues' worth of turns [usually 10-15 turns apiece] without the benefit of that first virtue.

Which could be 50-75 turns with combat wherein you don't get +50% XP for killing stuff, or 50-75 turns without the 10% food retention of Frugality, +10% science from Foresight [assuming Healthy the entire time], or +10% building production from Labor Logistics, whichever your secondary virtue would be.

Basically, the sooner you have a virtue, the sooner you can exploit its' benefits. It won't cripple you but it's not doing yourself any favors, and reaps no reward since you're basically expected to invest in at least two virtue trees by the time game ends, unless you're zergrushing.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 23, 2015

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

Neruz posted:

Unfortunately no, they can only drop rocks on people below them.

I don't think there's any satellite that can attack other satellites, anti-orbital fire is only from cities and a few specific ground units.

Actually, the Rocktopus is a two-mode unit; it's a 1-movement levitating unit with a ranged attack AND Anti-Orbital Strike, and a special ability letting it launch to the orbital layer for orbital bombardment attacks, descending after 10 turns [earlier with an upgrade option].

So yes, a low-atmo Rocktopus can perform an antiorbital strike to down a high-atmo Rocktopus.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

CommissarMega posted:

Since victory conditions aren't actually tied to Affinity, you can go for all three.

Don't you need affinity 13+ to build the victory wonder for that affinity? I mean if you can get 13+ in all three in a single go, sweet, but.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Full augmentation for any who want it and Support the Artists! If people fear that we are becoming too 'robotic', let us demonstrate our humanity in the most human way - art! Fantasy and imagination inspire ambition and creativity, not squelch it!

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Laboratory Apprenticeship. Our people have become more capable with the freely available augmentation, let us demonstrate this fact.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Okay, so: Synergy bonuses!
If we get another 3 Knowledge virtues of any sort, we get +10% culture in every city.
If we get another 4 Might vritues, all our units are 5% stronger.
If we get another 4 Industry virtues, we double the effectiveness of Investment: it becomes 2% of our stockpiled energy every turn, to a max of +200 at 10,000 stockpiled energy or more.

If we get 5 more knowledge virtues beyond the above, we get +10% science in every city.
5 more beyond that, a free technology.

If we get 3 more T1 virtues, we get +10% growth, energy, and production in the capital.
5 more beyond that gives us a free technology.

If we get 4 more Tier 2 virtues, we get a free virtue and a bonus covert agent.
If we get 4 more T2 virtues beyond that [which would necessitate grinding down to Might or Prosperity T2], we get a free affinity level to Supremacy, Harmony, or Purity.

And if we get a total of 10 [so 7 more] T3 virtues, we get +10% GPSCE in every city, and start wondering why we haven't won yet.

[edit] Also, the shield-with-the-eye thing is Applied Metasociology; our agents are more capable when it comes to decreasing the City Intrigue level in defense of our cities from covert operations.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 17, 2015

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

I have failed you all by not doing this myself. I'm sorry. :eng99:

Hahah, I was actually worried I might be overstepping my bounds, but it felt like the extra information was too useful to not post.

Might synergy bonuses are kinda boring, but straightforward in power: +5% Strength, +5% Strength, +affinity level. Useful and powerful, but just numbers.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
What's our current health? If <10, Community Medicine, but otherwise Networked Datalinks sounds good.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

Is a SABR good enough, or are you holding out until our first ANGEL gets built (currently just a few turns away)?
I hereby volunteer to be uploaded into an ANGEL, sir! I can't help myself when it comes to this game, even playing not to wipe out everyone else, I love my ANGELs and SABRs. Especially with Phasal Transporters and Firaxite coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Strike only when his victory is imminent, stay peaceful otherwise.

• Locked thread