Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Hopefully you don't run into any LP-halting bugs during the game.

Yarville posted:

Cool, I'll be following this one. Never played Beyond Earth, is it worth it?

It really doesn't feel too finished. Without mods it feels a bit bare-bones. With mods it becomes more unstable. You have to really want to play a new Civ game for it to be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Dear lord, I'm a dummy. I thought leaf technologies were the techs that literally had the leaf icon next to them that are way out on the upper edge of the tech web.

Also, I have no idea what techs should be prioritized, although it seems like the thread hasn't reached any consensus either. On a whim, Chemistry does seem like a good choice for the early science boost and the Recycler. Build an Old Relic first before the Clinic. And hell, let's go Growth despite the fact that Industry seems to be the winner already.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Might as well also grab Commoditization.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Eh, Central Planning is more useful at first unless you've got a lot of resources immediately available. All of tier 1 industry is worth grabbing, though.

Actually yeah, Commoditization could probably wait until the second or third city. Changing my vote for Commodititiadsvdvd to Central Planning.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Progenitor ruins are probably the best to find in the whole game. They're usually at least a free affinity level, which is always lovely. Should we be trying to get Computing (if that's the name - it's the spy tech) sooner rather than later? The artillery won't be immediately useful but you get the agency and another good science building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Better cider.

• Locked thread