Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Anyone fans of $.99/Dollar stores?

They are delightfully depressing places.

Ask me about buying a bunch of dollar store stuff for a relative's wedding the day before it happened because my wife and I felt embarrassed on their behalf since they didn't put in the effort of preparing for it :v: On the bright side we did discover the made in Turkey mars bar knockoff they sold for 25 cents was hella delicious. Skip the snickers knockoff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

greasyhands posted:

I mean, in fairness, thats a store that is being picked clean before it closes for good....

True, but the company's situation is in such bad shape that it seemed appropriate to share. Also, the KMarts that I've gone to in recent years have all been pretty horrible inside, even though they're open for business.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Anyone fans of $.99/Dollar stores?

They are delightfully depressing places. I sometimes go to them to buy odd little poo poo for the kitchen that I cannot justify spending more than a few bucks on.

Dollar stores are far less depressing than Walmart/Kmart. They are great for party stuff, small kitchen items, and greeting cards (who the hell pays $5 for a greeting card when you can get 2 for $1 at the dollar store?)

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Mind_Taker posted:

you can get 2 for $1 at the dollar store?)

wait, I thought everything was $1 not 50 cents?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Machai posted:

wait, I thought everything was $1 not 50 cents?

You've got a lot to learn about the dollar store, friend. The maximum price is a dollar. It's not uncommon to have items be 2-for-1 or even more for just a dollar.

Things are really cheap there

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I love going to the dollar store because I just get EVERYTHING I WANT and it's never expensive. Halloween candy. Fiber One cereal in weird flavors. Gum. Pregnancy tests. Little bottles of sunsceen. It's an amazing and magical place.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
The cards are the best. Sure they feel flimsy and poo poo, but for $.50, it's the bomb diggity.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
The one near me is a "$0.99 And Up" store. So what the gently caress makes it any different from a normal store?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

every dollar store I've been in as this weird smell and I don't know why that is.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Monaghan posted:

every dollar store I've been in as this weird smell and I don't know why that is.

it's the smell of savings

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Toxic fumes from cheap made in china junk

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Knyteguy posted:

it's the smell of savings

blugu64 posted:

Toxic fumes from cheap made in china junk

These are the same thing.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Off-gassing plastic and really cheap incense and "essential oils".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Drop ceiling too low //
Lights off in the Olan Mills //
Worse than a Big Lots

• Locked thread