Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
how are k-marts still around. we have loving two in my hometown, no one ever goes there, and they've been half-empty for like 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

how are k-marts still around...

I believe you found the answer in your own post, op

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

all kcafes are partially covered by merchandise or have merchandise stands encroaching into their area.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

And it doesn't even make sense because there's always a lot of space elsewhere in the store.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kmart is a really sad place.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I have not been to a K-mart in years, i don't even know where the closest one to me is. i think the last thing I ever bught at a K-mart was a Game Boy Color sometime in the late 90s

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There's one in a shopping center nearby that has lasted for centuries, the last time I went it was because I was looking for pink tank tops. They didn't have any so I left.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Up until about 6 months ago, there was a KMart a few miles away from my house. I remember going there as a kid with my mom or grandma. Then, like 20 years passed where I forgot all about it. One day, my wife and I went in there and found it had really cheap toddler clothing. We ended up buying tons of our kids clothing from there for a couple of years.

There were always more employees working than people shopping. It was always a matter of time until it closed, surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You left out the part where it closed because you bombed it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
KMart is owned by Sears and both are being run into the ground by their CEO, he's a big time believer in Ayn Rand's books / philosophy.

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/10/how-ayn-rand-loving-ceo-tanked-sears

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Where is the blue light special? Wal-Mart, OK.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Kmart is Walmart without the merchandise.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There was a Kmart in my town that sold guns and one day the Kmart just got up on its concrete legs and pulled out all its guns and started popping up the place, dozens of people died it was hosed up they couldn't stop it until some heroic imbecile smashed its kneecaps with a sledgehammer.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
all the k-mart in canada where bought by Target, then one year later Target left canada and is abandoning them lol

E: no wait that was zellers

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
life philosophy: sometimes you have to walk through a sears to get to a macy's

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
The K-Mart here closed down last July. They were selling their fixtures and had like five of those huge, old metal desks up front, with signs that basically said "we're not helping you haul this poo poo out of here, gently caress that". And yeah, that place was always a ghost town that looked like it was abandoned in the 90s and haunted by the spirit of John Cena, so being empty of even the shelves and poo poo just made it worse. Then it got demolished. That's my post, thank you for reading.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You forgot the part where the Kmart was demolished because you bombed it.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

JebanyPedal posted:

I really don't like John Cena.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Downercut posted:

I really don't like John Cena.

The sheer power of the Cenation keeps K-Mart alive

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

JebanyPedal posted:

give Downercut the medal of honor

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm not arguing against it but these are important details that are being left out.

junior samples
Jan 1, 2015

this is k-mart through the eyes of a mortal, its actually the one-stop-shopping hot spot for millions of ghosts nationwide. no one has been brave enough to exorcise your local k-mart yet...........

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Kmart and little ceasars live in a symbiotic relationship

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I was visiting relatives last time I saw a k-mart, about 2-3 years ago

the electronics section was p. fascinating, just piles of unorganized random poo poo, some of which must have been there for years, like a couple dreamcast games, blank VHS tapes and cases for floppy disks

it's a sad lil time warp

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
literally bands of mad max-esque raiders roaming the aisles

We don't go to K-mart

open container
Sep 16, 2008
kmart is radioshack's hoarder mom

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
A couple of years ago, my sister moved to a town that had the best Kmart I'd ever seen. Was super clean, had tons of products, lit well, all that. They contracted and closed a bunch of stores, so of course that one was closed down first.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

junior samples posted:

this is k-mart through the eyes of a mortal, its actually the one-stop-shopping hot spot for millions of ghosts nationwide. no one has been brave enough to exorcise your local k-mart yet...........

poo poo does thaat mean we have to frequent department stores even in death

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Went to Penny's for these pantaloons. Look where that got them.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hustle.
loyalty.
2 copies of just dance for wii.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
john cena rules

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i worked at one for all of a day and it was very lol

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

http://www.naplesnews.com/business/...nt-yet_93685237 good photo choice on that last one naples news

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
I'm in Australia right now and K-Mart is their Walmart. It's doing fine over here. But yeah, I always try to go to our K-Mart back in the states just to help those guys out, but they never have what I'm looking for and so I end up at Walmart.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Last time I was in a KMart it was 2010 and it was exactly as depressing as everybody else's experience. Not a good work place for suicidal people.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Quinctia posted:

A couple of years ago, my sister moved to a town that had the best Kmart I'd ever seen. Was super clean, had tons of products, lit well, all that. They contracted and closed a bunch of stores, so of course that one was closed down first.

I remember it closing first because you bombed it.

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

my local kmart closed down and got turned into a whole foods :yotj:

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
At this point its probably nothing more than some kind of tax write-off or something.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I worked there 16 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

phobo posted:

I worked there 16 years ago.

ha ha your old

• Locked thread