Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I played this game when I was a kid, I must have been 13, 14, something like that. This was back in 1994-95, so there wasn't a gamefaqs guide or anything for it, so I would just play until I got stuck and then restart with the same characters and try again. One of the neat features of the game was that it let you restart the game while keeping your same characters and their equipment. I played it through like that a few times before I got bored and quit.

Let's Go through Hell, I don't remember how it goes, but it sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Slave Estate.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I don't remember anything about Smuggler's Cove, let's try there.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Freeport sounds cool.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I remember being 13 and thinking that whomever designed the Sunken Ruins was drunk when they did it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I remember stumbling on this early and being horribly confused because I really hadn't gotten up to that much poo poo yet.

I also found the gatling crossbow and it made the game a total walkover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

rujasu posted:

Yeah, it's possible to get here pretty early. To get to the Kingshome dungeon, you need to either go to Snake Pit or lose the Byzanople war. So a couple of possible paths include:

Purgatory->Phoebus->Siege Camp->Byzanople->Kingshome

or

Purgatory->Mystic Wood->King's Isle->Bridge of Exiles->Snake Pit->Kingshome

I doubt you made it to the dungeon quite that quickly, but you can certainly get there much earlier than I did in this LP. And yes, getting Gatlin Bow + Magic Quiver early on is a good strategy. Deals a ton of damage and doesn't suck up valuable MP.

I probably did get there later than I'm thinking that I did. It was quite a while ago.

• Locked thread