Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Name: Piers Paardersen
Describe Fighting Style Here: We are a master of the fine art of Putting-Things-to-the-Sword no Jutsu, of course!
Favorite Weapon: Swords, naturally. The traditional weapon of a hero!
Magic User: Hell no. He's about as magical as a loving rock.
Skills: I'm not entirely sure what skills are actually in the game, but let's lean towards stuff like athletics and make him tough as nails.
Personality: Piers is usually very friendly to his fellow adventurers, but he has a distrust of magic. Magic killed his brother once, you see...
Any Other Crap: Piers was formerly a soldier, and he plied his trade as a sellsword after leaving the military. He sees himself as The Hero from every one of the faerie tales his mother used to read him when he was little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Everyone knows the heroic thing to do is literally go to hell! What's the worst that could happen?

(Besides horrifying death.)

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Hmm. If we join up, we can get to Namtar that much faster.

On the other hand, not joining the army and going to the Temple of the Sun can get us some character points to beef ourselves up so we can handle those drat Stosstrupen.

I say we join the army. Piers was already in one army already, shouldn't be that bad!

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I liked those "stupid cardboard code wheels" that came with some games.

Actually, I didn't mind the typical late 80s/early 90s manual check; one of my favorite games ever, Planet's Edge, at least justified it by saying "Yeah, there's a group of aliens masquerading as your party. Just to make sure you're really the four people we're sending out into the galaxy to go save Earth..."

Then gaming moved from stacks of 3.5" floppies to CDs, which required the disc to be in the drive.

Then people got smart and games required a unique serial number found on the jewel case.

.....Then direct downloads happened and now we have Steam and Origin replacing part of my childhood. You don't even get a manual to look up the first verb that starts with D on page 39 of the manual anymore.

Ugh. I'd die a happy man to see a modern game come with a manual like Planet's Edge or Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession had.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Temple of the Sun!

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
It's okay, we've got a guy who can wield a shield and a greatsword that's made out of a mountain! I think we're good!

(We're sooooo screwed, aren't we?)

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
We gotta go to the ruins! If we're making a drat sword out of a demon goddess's son's skull, then all the better!

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Piers: Brute force! Like real men!!

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Rujasu, you can't leave us hanging! Namtar's rear end hasn't been kicked yet!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Knowing Interplay and RPGs of the 80s, I'm betting Namtar's got one really evil trick up his sleeve when combat rolls around.

That, or the fight's gonna bug out halfway through.

• Locked thread