Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Explore further or use the hatch. Make that "explore further," because we have Big friends to make.

Usually they say you should escape via Magan, but that doesn't give as good a picture of the local geography...

I got this game with the Interplay 10-Year Anthology way back in '94, which I bought just for Out of this World and Star Trek: 25th Anniversary. I liked Dragon Wars but was terrible at it and never got very far. Learned my way around Purgatory pretty quick, though.

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

rujasu posted:

Namtar (spell it backwards)

:eng101: Namtar is actually a figure from Mesopotamian mythology (along with a few other characters in the game) .

When we studied ancient Babylon in sixth grade I used this to try and convince my mom that video games not made by The Learning Company were educational.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

rujasu posted:

You know, I might have known that at some point. Good catch. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Lanac'toor is not part of any ancient mythologies outside of this game, though.

and i only just got that :gonk:

LPs are educational, too!

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

MaskedHuzzah posted:

I still have the manual that came with the Interplay collection a while back - if you'd like, I can post descriptions and info of the spells as we find them.

IIRC there's actually a bunch of lore about the world's history and major figures in the little blurbs at the beginning of the Low/High/Druid/Sun magic sections of the manual, so that could be a good thing to post.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Do we have the skills to visit the Slave Camp without it going horribly wrong?

If so, Slave Camp, otherwise go back to Purgatory and exit in a more conspicuous manner first.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Slave Estate. :getin:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Can't Dazzle be used as a puzzle solution in a couple places? Or am I thinking of Quest for Glory?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Amusingly, fixing the wall in Mud Toad is one of approximately two steps that you actually have to do to beat the game. Grats on being half done with the LP! :v:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

MaskedHuzzah posted:

It's also a great trap for people who read the "paragraphs" in advance (like me as a kid). They see the note about the sword being there, surrounded by drama and ready for the taking. The part about it murdering you is only mentioned in-game.

The inverted version of that is Nergal biting one the head off of one of your party members. The manual makes sure that anybody who reads the paragraphs in advance knows that they're going to have to sacrifice somebody, and then in-game he just puts the head back on again right afterward.

Was King's Island the game preserve? Let's go there.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
The mythical figure Utnapishtim is notable for building a giant boat at a god's behest, filling it with animals, and using it to survive a flood that destroys the rest of the world. This may sound familiar if you've ever attended Sunday school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Is it normal that Inferno does single-digit damage, or did we just get really lucky?

• Locked thread