Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gorki
Aug 9, 2014
their national anthem :confused: look at them

bit gay imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
we used to use something to the nazi salute so i guess this is just a little better if a bit gay so i agree op

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
We're searching for our nipples. Freedom has desensitized them.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

gorki posted:

bit gay imo

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
americans form a more primitive caste of homo sapiens and still engage in many superstitious tribal and ritualistic behaviours, op

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

americans form a more primitive caste of homo sapiens and still engage in many superstitious tribal and ritualistic behaviours, op

for instance, i worship a 30 foot tall cat

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
collective heart attack from too many cheeseburgers

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Wizchine posted:

We're searching for our nipples. Freedom has desensitized them.

talking about nipples reminds me that one night earlier in the week i got out of my car and brushed the car door with my chest and got a visible arc of static that blasted into my nipple and it was very nearly the worst thing i have ever experienced in my life

i got no sympathy either my wife just couldnt stop laughing

thats my story hope you like it

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

talking about nipples reminds me that one night earlier in the week i got out of my car and brushed the car door with my chest and got a visible arc of static that blasted into my nipple and it was very nearly the worst thing i have ever experienced in my life

By the fact that you are a lumberjack and still have sensitivity in your nipples, I deduce you are Canadian. Thank you for hockey.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

The mandatory hand-over-the-heart stance you are referring to was enacted into law after the "Super Bowl I National Anthem Disaster". When the national anthem was sung before the game, millions of American's felt their heart swell with national pride. This swelling became so intense that millions of Americans' hearts literally leapt out of their chests, killing them and permanently scarring the less-patriotic witnesses among them.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
a lot of nazi's were involved in the country at one point

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
america is still rules by a shadowy calabl of nazi jews

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's a bonding activity. it's not like americans have anything better to bond together over than touching themselves

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
do other countries have national anthems too? if so, are they also performed before sport games?

i'm glad we're supposed to put our hand over our heart, if we just had to stand there i wouldn't know what to do with my hands, i'd just putthem in my pockets i guess

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gatekeeper posted:

do other countries have national anthems too? if so, are they also performed before sport games?

i'm glad we're supposed to put our hand over our heart, if we just had to stand there i wouldn't know what to do with my hands, i'd just putthem in my pockets i guess

it's always fun to watch english sportsmen before any international game because none of them ever know the words to our poo poo anthem so they just open and close their mouths like goldifsh and hope their lack of singing gets lost in the noise it's great.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

nah this poo poo is copied 1:1 from the nazis. grats, usa

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Wizchine posted:

By the fact that you are a lumberjack and still have sensitivity in your nipples, I deduce you are Canadian. Thank you for hockey.

im a southerner ive taken down exactly one tree in my life and it had more to do with fireworks than an axe or saw. in fact it entirely involved fireworks and did not involve an axe or saw at all

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

that's MY america

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

lmbo that one kid front and center is like "can u believe this hitler poo poo?"

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
it's actually "they own self" op

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

They just want to be like Captain America.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
'dey own self' is from black people truthbombs op

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who else would they touch OP

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It's a sexy song.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i went to elementary school for three years in the US from australia and I had to stand there silent while you dorkos all recited your pledge of allegiance every morning.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

grab a titty
i love this city

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

God Bless America

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Gatekeeper posted:

Anthems yes pre game superfascism no

Also no priests, prayers or military marches/fly bys because loving lol what

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Romney, Gingrich, and Huntsman are all putting their hand over their stomach/pancreas/spleen. Also your heart is left of center but not as left as most people think.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

selves you euro barbarian

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

This is a barbecue restaurant chain called Mission BBQ and they do this every day at noon. Be as patriotic as you want (the whole place is covered in US armed forces stickers/swag), but it's all a bit heavy handed.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Clamp your wife's nipples to a car battery, see how she likes it.

Then post pics.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Fonzarelli posted:

i went to elementary school for three years in the US from australia and I had to stand there silent while you dorkos all recited your pledge of allegiance every morning.

It's always a lot of fun trying to explain that pledge of allegiance ritual to foreigners because it's all so loving weird when you get down to it.

That's also why people do that hand over heart thing, because they were trained to do that poo poo every single day in school.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

suuma posted:

This is a barbecue restaurant chain called Mission BBQ and they do this every day at noon. Be as patriotic as you want (the whole place is covered in US armed forces stickers/swag), but it's all a bit heavy handed.

Hahaha what. Americans are truly the worst

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the reason is because america owns suck it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Daedra posted:

the reason is because america owns suck it

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
They touch themselves when your mom isn't available, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

suuma posted:

Their barbecue is pretty awesome though, and I have always had a good experience from the staff.

• Locked thread