Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

americans form a more primitive caste of homo sapiens and still engage in many superstitious tribal and ritualistic behaviours, op

Paganism is loving awesome. gently caress you, bitch we'll conjure earth demons to eat your dumb gay bones. Also, being naked and painting cool symbols on yourself is goddamn sweet. gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Friend's dad worked for General Motors and they moved to Detroit for three years (from Canada) due a reassignment. He was in grade 7 at the time and the first day of school he just stood there while everyone was listening to the anthem and reciting the pledge. The teacher said that she didn't know how kids did it from where he was, "but hands should be on hearts and you should be reciting the pledge like everyone else". He replied that they didn't recite the pledge of allegiance and the hand thing was new to him since he moved from Oshawa (in Ontario). The teacher replied that Oshawa must me the most un-American place in The United States of America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q89re2OmNvQ

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
*is an air force fly over

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Matey posted:

God Bless America

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Oberleutnant posted:

america is still rules by a shadowy calabl of nazi jews

ive heard of self loathing but this is ridiculous!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fonzarelli posted:

i went to elementary school for three years in the US from australia and I had to stand there silent while you dorkos all recited your pledge of allegiance every morning.

thats a long rear end commute. maybe you should have gone to a school in your district

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

america more like americant

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Daedra posted:

the reason is because america owns suck it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
*is the frat boy who doesn't take his hat off

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

for instance, i worship a 30 foot tall cat

Panthers Fan?

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Germany, Croatia, South Korea, Japan, Nigeria, Belgium, Mexico (sort of)

All these countries put their hands over their heart during the national anthem. I'm guessing the full list is much longer, these are just the ones I found proof of from spending 2 minutes with google looking at photos taken at the last World Cup.

Apparently this thread has a lot of self-hating Americans too ignorant to realize that their national anthem custom isn't actually unique, or even unusual.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
At the Olympics the USA is the only country that refuses to dip their flag to the host's flag during the opening ceremony.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

This is good.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

At the Olympics the USA is the only country that refuses to dip their flag to the host's flag during the opening ceremony.

good

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Good, as if we would dip our superpowered high octane flag to the country that managed to bribe enough people for the priviledge of shoddily constructing a bunch of stadiums/facilities occasionally with slave labor.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i'm in total agreement with this

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
because some dumb hick kid from arkansas got his legs blown off in iraq for my right to touch myself while looking at the flag

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

US national anthem sucks, country would be much improved by replacing it with Burning Heart by Survivor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc71KZG87X4

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
because we put our hand over our heart it when we 'pledge allegiance to the flag" and americans look at the anthem as a long one of those that you get to sing.

its pretty fun stuff op try it

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

because we put our hand over our heart it when we 'pledge allegiance to the flag" and americans look at the anthem as a long one of those that you get to sing.

its pretty fun stuff op try it

NO :britain:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

shut up, you union jackoff

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

For all you god damned ignorant limeys: wearing flagpants for the pledge, in the absence of a genuine old glory, is one of the noblest things that any person can aspire to. That man is a hero.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

its really, really awkward to not put your hand over your heart because everybody else is and they are looking at you and its all weird.

after that happened obama did it everytime and had to put a little american flag lapel pin on.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Obama hates America which is weird given his job.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this is a great picture. i love it

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Lol. Perfection.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

The one guy not doing the hand on heart thing is the least awkward looking guy.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

This would be perfect if Mr. Ameripants was also doing a human flag stand.

e:

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 23, 2015

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
I touch myself because my mom isn't there

wait did i do that joke wrong

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

lilljonas posted:

This would be perfect if Mr. Ameripants was also doing a human flag stand.

e:

I'm glad the guy from the backstreet boys is still getting some money from public appearances.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
because america has never felt the ruinous touch of fascism

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The American national anthem is a lovely song honesty it could use a reboot or at least a dubstep remix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
its pretty cool if you know what the song is referencing. but someones already beat you to the punch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNt01jAJ9QA pretty good, would place hand on heart if heard again

• Locked thread