Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

that animals have emotions/feelings in any way similar to humans ought to be a pretty common one

Dogs do. And maybe some apes raised in captivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

that animals have emotions/feelings in any way similar to humans ought to be a pretty common one

:siren: serial killer spotted

open container
Sep 16, 2008

:eyepop:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

my friend's mom says she can tell her cows' emotion by looking at their eyes

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Weasels, stoats, and ferrets are all the same species. The terms to describe them came from the fur trade to designate pelts of different colors.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Cats are baby dogs.
turtles are a sandwich.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
I can't get over that deer eating the bird. Like, seriously, what the gently caress? I think I'm traumatized.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

moose face posted:

lol how do you not know that its the other way around

hornets are transwomen?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

One common misconception is that farm animals get along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXhElaGCZVU

open container
Sep 16, 2008

dog buttz posted:

:smithicide:

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
people are assholes, people are animals, animals are assholes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

open container posted:

I can't get over that deer eating the bird. Like, seriously, what the gently caress? I think I'm traumatized.

IT"S GOT THE BIRD MICHAEL!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

dog buttz posted:

/chirping gets quieter and quieter

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

dog buttz posted:

Down right animal cruelty nobody is dumb enough to actually belivie that the the cow stumbled across the the baby chick and happened to eat it. The cow was obviously being starved and the the chick was placed there by the humand with a string attached to its legs!! Thumbs up if you think they have gone to far!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

tbh im kinda surprised birds care about each other enough to try and defend one of their own from a deer

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Can someone catch me up on the meme you guys are referencing? I want to be in the loop

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

redshirt posted:

IT"S GOT THE BIRD MICHAEL!

I like to think Michael is in the background naked trying to get her to sex him up.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Can someone catch me up on the meme you guys are referencing? I want to be in the loop

open container
Sep 16, 2008
Thanks now I'm triggered all over again.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Oh my word.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Ungulates have backwards knees.

They don't, those backwards bendy joints are their ankles, and the knees are much higher up. They have really long feet and they walk on their hooves, which are analogous to our toenails.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

But a lot of them do.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

The Dennis System posted:

But a lot of them do.

Wasn't there some story on how north Americans are so fuckin dumb because we attribute human emotions to animals because we watch Disney movies and are retarded??? U guyZ

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Chimps gang up and beat up another chimp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPznMbNcfO8

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Wasn't there some story on how north Americans are so fuckin dumb because we attribute human emotions to animals because we watch Disney movies and are retarded??? U guyZ

I've never heard about that story. But of course animals don't have Disney-like human emotions. But they have the same kind of basic emotions like fear, pain, rage, etc. Dogs obviously get bored, excited, and stressed, etc. I mean, intelligent mammals like dogs and cats have very similar brains and nervous systems to humans, and their behavior in response to certain stimuli is very similar to the behavior of humans, so it only makes sense that their basic emotions are similar.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gatekeeper posted:

wasps are boys, bees are girls

bumblebees are goons

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
You can gently caress any animal and it should be legal imo

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
* pets are good and healthy for adults to have and need

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
adult with extremely expensive, tiny pureblood race type of dog who won 2# place at dogshow event: so what breed is that?
child: *petting mutt* his name is Charlie :)
adult *angrily throws tiny dog into wall, shattering it into a thousand pieces*

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

dog buttz posted:

mood rings are made out of cow eyes

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

dog buttz posted:

That's because all cows are sad as poo poo. They are going to get chopped up into food for me.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
* that all dogs are males and all cats are females
* that dogs can look up

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
i misread the thread title as "anime misconceptions thread" and now im disappointed at the lack of choice lols

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

That's because all cows are sad as poo poo. They are going to get chopped up into food for me.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Dogs will turn into horses if you feed them a diet of hay.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Monkeys are our ancestors and we aren't created by an omnipotent and loving God.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Monkeys are our ancestors and we aren't created by an omnipotent and loving God.

this is actually a misconception; monkeys are not in fact our ancestors because that implies we would have evolved from them, which cannot be the case if both humans and monkeys are around at the same time. it's much more reasonable that the story of Creation is the true origin. hope this helps :)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

michael he ate a bird

ha. ha. ha.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
green olives are actually baby turtles. black olives are sick baby turtles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU