Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
animals dont love you. they just act like they do so you feed them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Broenheim posted:

animals dont love you. they just act like they do so you feed them

same goes for people

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

animals will oft eat their owners upon the death of said owner

much like humans

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
guys i'm still mad

michael should have saved that bird

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Your stupid cat is actually the reincarnation of your dead relative and it knows about all the nasty poo poo you do

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
scorpions only eat hard boiled chicken eggs

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
tarantulas sometimes masturbate each other, they are the only other species besides humans observed doing so

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Dogs can't look up.

All ants are gay.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

cats are muslim, dogs are christian

gerbils are jewish obviously

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
anal misconceptions thread

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

moose face posted:

michael he ate a bird

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

invertebrates don't dance, they boogie

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

The Dennis System posted:

I've never heard about that story. But of course animals don't have Disney-like human emotions. But they have the same kind of basic emotions like fear, pain, rage, etc. Dogs obviously get bored, excited, and stressed, etc. I mean, intelligent mammals like dogs and cats have very similar brains and nervous systems to humans, and their behavior in response to certain stimuli is very similar to the behavior of humans, so it only makes sense that their basic emotions are similar.

its not similar at all. Yes they yelp when you poke them but dogs aren't conscious beings. They react to various stimuli in certain ways and we should always be nice to animals but thats it. A dog cant feel scared, it cant incorporate a feeling into an overall self and consciousness as what we call an emotion. It reacts to a stimuli by acting a certain way. Anything more that that is projection.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Feb 23, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sharks often use jellyfish as condoms.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
those corpses your cat leaves on your door are actually offerrings to Satan.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

moose face posted:

Deer, elk, moose and other ungulates of this nature eat mice and other small animals. I have no idea where this would come from but i tried to picture a deer eating a mouse and it messed me up a little bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOQdBLHrLk

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

its not similar at all. Yes they yelp when you poke them but dogs aren't conscious beings. They react to various stimuli in certain ways and we should always be nice to animals but thats it. A dog cant feel scared, it cant incorporate a feeling into an overall self and consciousness as what we call an emotion. It reacts to a stimuli by acting a certain way. Anything more that that is projection.

Dogs and other animals are obvs conscious. Maybe not to the same degree that humans are, but there's clearly a lot of consciousness there. And consciousness is a spectrum.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

copier

copy copy dirty copier

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

A misanthrope posted:

copier

copy copy dirty copier

HE GOT THE BIRD MICHAEL!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i knew today would be special, but i didnt know i would see a deer eat a bird

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Splatmaster posted:

HE GOT THE BIRD MICHAEL!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ostriches don't actually bury their heads in the dirt because they're scared, they reproduce through their mouths and that's them depositing or fertilizing their eggs. In 16 months time little ostrichlings will pop their heads out of the holes.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

misconception: pit bulls are not blood-lapping monsters from birth but actually sweet if you raise them right

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

misconception: it's safe to bend over naked near dogs

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dog buttz posted:

misconception: it's safe to bend over naked near dogs

i dont understand how that connects with your name but i know there is a connection

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Saalkin posted:

Dogs can't look up.

XMNN posted:

* that dogs can look up
it seems we have reached an impasse :colbert:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

XMNN posted:

it seems we have reached an impasse :colbert:

cat dominates

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Cars now count as animals, according to zoologists who were bored and worried they had run out of animals to find.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I actually thought deer were herbivores and that video really hosed up my worldview

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Misconception: Elephants don't like performing in the circus.

Most elephants enjoy the festive atmosphere of the big top, so much so that they sway with excitement for their next show.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

i dont understand how that connects with your name but i know there is a connection

:staredog:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Sheep are actually just playing dumb, waiting for the right moment

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
dragons actually evolved from bears, not horses as was once originally believed

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

theyre really good at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJUBaN97kI

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

bears are made when dogs and gorillas fall in love

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ri3FR-_SU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

if you cut a dogs head off and look into its eyes they still move and sometimes blink for at least about 7 seconds and sometims up to 11 seconds

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sheep vs Cow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TklJvIM1N2Q

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

it ate a bird michael

Adbot