Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
or some reason, I still think I can make a kamehameha wave haha. I try every now and then, but of course it's always a failure. The feeling you get behind saying the kamehameha is fun. You feel like you're about to save the world or something. It's a great feeling. If you haven't tried it, well you should!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

A Ki blast can be deadly if done correctly so use this technique wisely. First you need to make a Ki ball. Then, close your eyes and visualize a beam of light going from your hand and straight through your opponent. Build up a lot of Ki in the Ki ball and in your wrists. Tighten all your muscles in your body. Then, will the blast to hurt your opponent. Burst all the energy out towards him/her as your jerk your hands forward towards your opponent. This technique is one of the hardest to get. Don't be surprised if you can't get this the first 10 times your try. I warn you, this can really hurt someone.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

*in voice of a dragon* suck my dragon balls

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ously, have you ever wondered that basically ANYTHING is perhaps possible.

I mean, if you have ALOT of energy, and you know how to concentrate your energy and make a energy ball, then i think its possible..

Im sure all you need is the energy, and the mind to do it.. or mabey you can put a device in your body which transfers the energy or electricity outside your body, allowing you to make a kamehameha wave.. Surely thats possible..

anyway, LET THE DISCUSSION BEGIN.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes when I have a real big poo poo to take I clench up my eyes like an anime and shout this out

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Lets see, In elementary school my friends and I would hold "tournaments" on the playground throwing kick balls at each other while pretending they were ki blasts. Then, after the episode that had Gohan showing Videl how to fly I started to study chi and ki charts and anything I could find on the internet. My friends and I were convinced that we were getting close to actually shooting something out of our hands.

Then there was the time I figured out that I had a recorder on my phone, I spent all morning screaming. I timed myself to see if I could compare to Sean Schemelle or Chris Sabbat...not even close. Then in High School, for Halloween some girl dressed up like Syndrome from the Incredible only she didn't dye her hair red. Naturally her hair was black so when I saw her in the hallways I shouted WOW SOMEONE DRESSED LIKE VEGETA! At the time it was kind of embarrassing but I now I think it was hilarious.

EDIT: OH YEA, I also took my girlfriend to see DBE for our two year anniversary. Not the most romantic thing in the world but it was still lots of fun.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS42xXRLPH8

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Well in 9th grade(2years ago) I performed a Kamehameha in front of the entire graduating class of 2011 in the auditorium and I did Goku's Budokai 1 SSJ transformation and speech in the lunchroom the day before. I was pulled out of the lunchroom and was taken to the deans office where they called my house and said that I was causing an uproar, everyone was surronding me either recording me or just watching.......Yeah I'm the man.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
this seems familiar

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

-When I was younger (8, maybe), I dressed up as Future Trunks. Sadly, I didn't have a sword to complete the costume... :(

-At occasional times (as in, every day), I do DBZ gestures, like perform Kamehameha hand gestures, pretend to power up, take fighting stances, charge up a Makankosappo, etc etc. I do it anywhere: in the mirror, at school...you get the idea.
Advice: don't power up during a fight at school. It's not like in DBZ, where the villains stand and watch like morons. You actually get kicked in the crotch this time.

-Shouted "It's over 9000!" as an answer to my teacher's question at school. Can't remember what questions, but I know I've done it more than once.

-Yelling "HAAAAAAH!" when I was running for a bus (and as a result, was given strange looks from passer-by's).

-Sing the instrumental version of "We Gotta Power!" at random moments.

-Watched my friend's bootleg of Dragon Ball: Evolution, then got suckered by him to watch it again in the cinema (luckily, he paid for me! :mrgreen: ), tried to convince myself that it was "half-decent", and failed.

-Used to be part of a kind of DBZ Youtube power level community, and, as a result, wasted a crapload of my life (and printing paper) making and remaking power level lists from my own in-depth mathematical calculations.

-Played a friend's copy of Final Bout, somehow convinced myself it was good, began playing it more every time I went round his house in an attempt to master the game's mechanics (to prevent myself from losing to him), and then finally realized it was poo poo after all.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

So I work part time while going to college, and last night was my job's Internal Profit Sharing meeting. Basically the company shares a small percentage of its profits and you get free money if you met a requirement of over 1000 hours.

So anywho, when one of the managers got his name called, the HR person announced that his IPS was $9,950. Since I was already being loud and obnoxious anyway just for laughs, (you all know where this is going) I stood up and screamed my favorite meme at the top of my lungs;

"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!!"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

- Taping bits of my hair together so that I could have Super Saiyan hair.
- Fusion dance of course! But we took it to the next level, we would record it and do the fusion dance then pause and record where the video left off with a different person standing there xD. Sad.
- A fight I had in year 6, I did a quick kamehameha pose to distract then punched the kid lol that was hilarious. Oh and yes I used to be a bully, I'm such a horrible person.
- This is my most embarassing moment, I can't believe I'm about to say this. Okay, so I'm a dub fan... screaming, yes... yes. Well basically which moment in DragonBall Z is there screaming the most? Goku Super Saiyan 3 uh-huh. Right... I had just watched that episode after jumping about with inspiration and jogged off to my room. Then I acted out that scene and started screaming... and well... well... I pissed myself. :(.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ok i'm done

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12614&start=20#p331392

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

i knew this was familiar

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i can feel the power exploding from my loins

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

moose face posted:

i can feel the power exploding from my loins

ki blast all over a babe's face

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A misanthrope posted:

ki blast all over a babe's face

so much power

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

oh my god

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Ki is real. So is chi. And The Force.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

redshirt posted:

Ki is real. So is chi. And The Force.

my doctor said i tested positive for midi-chlorians and i need to inform past sexual partners

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A misanthrope posted:

my doctor said i tested positive for midi-chlorians and i need to inform past sexual partners

You aren't obligated to inform them of anything unless they ask

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

What's your count?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

redshirt posted:

What's your count?

duh its OVRE 9000!!!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you guys are noobs in your Qi cultivation technique. i bet you dont even know magicks ether :rolleyes:

scope out this awesome community for all your totally serious, unironic, DBZ martial arts needs:
http://vsociety.net/

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

duh its OVRE 9000!!!!

Nice.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Should I Study Psi, Magick, or Chi?

All energy systems share common fundamental trends, and so progress in one is usually beneficial to later progress in another art. So a choice of which energy art to focus on is by no means an exclusive choice, but it is often a choice we must make so that we can dedicate sufficient time to understanding a specific paradigm.

The choice of which energy art to focus on is also a very personal choice, as it depends heavily on your own personality traits and aspirations. The three paradigms, or systems, presented here each have their own virtues and their own accompanying worldviews.

We have worked together to bring you this article containing separate perspectives on each of these three systems, so that we might share with you our own personal views and reasons for valuing each art.

May your journey be a prosperous one wherever it takes you.

Why Should I Study Psi?

(by kobok)

Psi is the art of causing change and sensing things by direct exertion of mental focus. There is also a great philosophical and spiritual depth to psi, which shapes the pursuit of psi into a lifelong path of self-betterment. Psi includes all abilities that have been encapsulated under psychic abilities, including terms such as telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, precognition, psychokinesis, and remote viewing.

Modern approaches to psi typically center around awareness and manipulation of energy for the purposes of sensing or causing change. The abilities granted by this include moving objects, mental communication, personality scanning, seeing remote locations, sensing the future, healing oneself and others, choosing a future and causing it to occur, the creation of complex constructs using psi energy, and many others. The steady pursuit of psi also grants an unmatched depth of mental focus and discipline, accompanied by a deep understanding and awareness of ones own spiritual nature. This awareness has a profound impact on the psion's life and on the psion's interaction with others.

Psi attempts to take the most direct and fundamental approach to the energy arts, with an emphasis on gaining focused and intentional control over the details of ones abilities. The psion then uses this careful control to construct an array of more complicated and advanced abilities, while still maintaining that same level of focused control.

Why Should I Study Magic?
(by Prophecy)

Magic is, in respect to religion, a melting pot of creeds and approaches. No matter if you are Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, Shaman, Jewish, Christian or essentially any other religious denomination, there is likely to be a system of magic already worked out to compliment and advance your spiritual path within the framework of your existing dogma. Should you step outside the veils of religion, there is much in the way of spiritual advancement to be had even still, as spirituality is the essential foundation upon which most of the ideologies of magic are based.

Magic provides for the enduring aspirant a definitive and methodic means of taking life, and therein your destiny, "by the horns." Through self mastery, spiritual advancement and a harmonious knowledge of how to bend the laws of this universe, the adept can alter things in his life to create the destiny he sees befitting in his path. There is nothing out of the reach of a magician, and spiritual progress in both wisdom and power is promised to those who dedicate to it the time that is required in any true path of the metaphysical arts. The path of magic rewards not only practice, but hard study, to he who seeks the higher truths of the world he lives in.

Finally, magic encompasses all those things deemed mystical and metaphysical. The laws of magic are the laws of the universe, and all things find themselves represented by the respective magic theory. The powers of the soul, the mind and the body are all thoroughly covered and cultivated should the initiate choose to dedicate the proper time to his chosen path. If the aspiring magician has studied any eastern mysticism(such as yoga) or western metaphysics(such as Psionics), he has taken one step further in the path of magic and can now see how all he has learned thus far can be applied to conquer his own part of the world, deciding for himself how large that part is.

Why Should I Study Chi?
(by kobok)

Chi is the name given to the "life force energy" in many asian cultures, under a variety of spellings such as chi, ki, and qi. In Hindu culture, the term "prana" is used for this energy, and Yoga is the name given to the associated Hindu art. According to legend, ideas of Yoga were instrumental in the forming of Qigong, the Chinese system of chi cultivation.

Most martial arts include some instruction in chi, although the degree of focus on chi varies greatly. Some martial arts only cover chi as a manifestation of the properties of physics and the structure of the body, but many other martial arts include the spiritual energy aspect of chi. Spiritual chi energy can be an important aspect of awareness, speed, strength, balance, and stability in the martial arts, and can have real physical effects. Chi meditation is an important aspect of many of these martial arts, and at the upper levels most chi-related arts also include study of healing with chi.

There are also body energy arts which focus more completely on healing, such as Reiki, a contemporary Japanese healing art in which practitioners channel their energy with healing intent.

In summary, the Chi arts synergistically bring together the body, mind, and spirit toward achieving ones goal.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah but Ki is real. I've felt it.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nerds and dorklets: try to ki blast the bullies

it totally wont make the beating worse

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is like a weekend web from twelve years ago

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

moose face posted:

This is like a weekend web from twelve years ago

uhhh no see dbz is still relevant and this is in no way a thread i created because i randomly found like a decade old dbz thread where dorks own themselves

it's not that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i used to be part of a online ki martial arts community when i was in middle school. it was founded around a guy called "Mystery Shadow" who claimed to have developed techniques to perform Ki blasts and the Kaio-Ken in real life. yes it was as lame as you think it is. i actually found out about something awful chatting on that communities IRC. it was all 100% make believe, like playing D&D without realizing its a game.

anyway i grew away from that sort of thing (thank god!) but a friend of mine who got into it did not. that IRC chat turned into the Varatas Society I linked earlier and still goes on to this day (with a few names of people for that old chatroom as prominent admins I recognize). my middle school friend went into it 1000% and is now a quack healer with his own practice where he does like chiropractic/herbal medicine/acupuncture and charges chumps a pretty penny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rutibex posted:

i used to be part of a online ki martial arts community when i was in middle school. it was founded around a guy called "Mystery Shadow" who claimed to have developed techniques to perform Ki blasts and the Kaio-Ken in real life. yes it was as lame as you think it is. i actually found out about something awful chatting on that communities IRC. it was all 100% make believe, like playing D&D without realizing its a game.

anyway i grew away from that sort of thing (thank god!) but a friend of mine who got into it did not. that IRC chat turned into the Varatas Society I linked earlier and still goes on to this day (with a few names of people for that old chatroom as prominent admins I recognize). my middle school friend went into it 1000% and is now a quack healer with his own practice where he does like chiropractic/herbal medicine/acupuncture and charges chumps a pretty penny

The System works.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

this poo poo could only happen online

*walks into strip mall karate school in Fort Wayne, Indiana*

"sensei, teach me magic"

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
there's something to this sort of intense meditation when it comes to practical combat application, but it has everything to do with increasing conscious function of your body and nothing to do with energy balls

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i wonder if any kids have given themselves a hernia tring to create an energy ball

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hobo Siege posted:

there's something to this sort of intense meditation when it comes to practical combat application, but it has everything to do with increasing conscious function of your body and nothing to do with energy balls

Yes. The Chi. You've felt it too?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the tingly feeling when you hit your funny bone is the magic inside you

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i train every day to increase my power level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot