Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
With all the fuss these days, I feel like a lot of people forget about good old Quicktime. Quicktime is made by one of the biggest, most successful tech companies in the world, so I'm surprised I don't read about it more often here in YOSPOS.

So what I want to know is, do you guys think Quicktime is HOT software, or NOT? Do you use it to play your files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!
more like slowtime

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
yeah i use it sometimes

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
It was made by Apple so that Steve Jobs could watch videos of underage rent boys from ethiopia getting gangbanged in the bum

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

black man 3 posted:

It was made by Apple so that Steve Jobs could watch videos of underage rent boys from ethiopia getting gangbanged in the bum

how do you know so much about this anyways

im genuinely curious

is there a blog or something

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Jonny 290 posted:

how do you know so much about this anyways

im genuinely curious

is there a blog or something

Its a fact

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i like it op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

aight man im trusting uhere

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

pedo_stebe.mov

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i use vlc, op

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
most torrented movies/shows work more often on VLC, and that's why Quicktime isn't so popular

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i thought quicktime was really bad, but then i got a mac, and in osx it's actually an acceptable piece of software

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Quicktime can record your iPad

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Skylark, how did your Valentines Day date go? mine was really good, and i got a heart sticker which i put on my hand and some cat temp tattoos

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
qt is gr8 ( it's what iPhones running the most advanced mobile operating system in the world(ios) is using)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i don't really have any strong feelings about calcium oxide. i guess in general i'm in support, it's an important chemical in industry and is where we got the word limelight so i can't complain

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Maximum Leader posted:

qt is gr8 ( it's what iPhones running the most advanced mobile operating system in the world(ios) is using)

it's been like since 2010, but i'm pretty sure it uses some movie view or UIWebView's html5 video player if they aren't using some kind of video view

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
idk sometimes I get the quicktime q when a video is launching

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
that's enough for me really

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Maximum Leader posted:

idk sometimes I get the quicktime q when a video is launching

oh yeah i kinda remember that too. huh.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
avfoundation > qtkit

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
sometimes it accidentally opens up when i wanted VLC instead

pram
Jun 10, 2001
quicktime x is a fantastic video player on the best operating system

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Skylark, how did your Valentines Day date go? mine was really good, and i got a heart sticker which i put on my hand and some cat temp tattoos

It was wonderful, but its not really appropriate to post about it here.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
last time i tried to torrent better call saul it was an h295 or something (where the 5 is normally 4) and it played really bad in vlc and i couldn't find anything else to play it on

quick time couldnt handle it either

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Skylark posted:

It was wonderful, but its not really appropriate to post about it here.

good to hear, and agreed. i don't want to derail your thread any further

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
when i see quicktime on a windows machine i disable it from startup

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Flat Daddy posted:

last time i tried to torrent better call saul it was an h295 or something (where the 5 is normally 4) and it played really bad in vlc and i couldn't find anything else to play it on

you mean h.264 vs h.265. it's fairly new, but i think it's considered a standard that has pretty good compatibility

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

smythe pleas gas yvcpos and make this the new codec thread

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Flat Daddy posted:

i came across some vids that an up to date vlc couldn't play but potplayer worked. i switched to potplayer for everything now it's the new "it plays everything!!" player

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the best video player is whichever one works with the least worser

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its bad, op. its real real bad

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dicky B posted:

i came across some vids that an up to date vlc couldn't play but potplayer worked. i switched to potplayer for everything now it's the new "it plays everything!!" player
i looked into this and it appears to only be available for garbage operation systems please advise

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

sucks for you hth

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
idk man ur the idiot on windows

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

hehe good stuff man i can tell this forum is going places

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LastInLine posted:

i looked into this and it appears to only be available for garbage operation systems please advise

thats what i found too.

vlc attempted to make it work but 90% of the screen was artifacts from 10 seconds earlier that wouldn't update. i'll say, though, that that other 10% looked very sw8 and hi res

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

spankmeister posted:

smythe pleas gas yvcpos and make this the new codec thread

i second this motion

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

black man 3 posted:

did steve jobs fertilize his apple trees with sterelized human urine?

no.

but if he did would he still be alive?

maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
more like quacktime

• Locked thread