Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's another year and new season of Tippeligaen. The most predictable, and at the same time most unpredictable league in the world.

2014 ended with Molde comfortably running away with the league and cup title, which they will probably do again this season.

The season also ended in the absolute funniest way possible with Brann relegated after the losing the playoffs to a bunch of plumbers and wastemen from Mjøndalen.

The following teams are currently not bankrupt and will play in the league this year.

Aalesund

Had a fairly medicore season last year ending with Janne Jönsson leaving. Currently managed by Harald Aabrekk, who will lead them to more mediocrity imo.

Bodø/Glimt

Nearly went down last season after a promising start and are bound to have another difficult year. Will go down if Sanè and Badou leaves at some stage of the season. Ibba will continue to score goals and steal phones.

Haugesund

Seems to have a knack of finding good goal scorers and selling them shortly after. Depending on where they are in that cycle they will either finish upper mid table or lower mid table.

Lillestrøm

Despite having no money they did really well last season and ended up 5th. This year they're starting with negative points and a new manager with a name I won't even attempt to spell. Destined for somewhere between 5th and 12th.

Molde

They have all the money and all the players, of course they'll win again. The only question is if they can finally qualify for europe. The league is certainly helping them all they can.

Mjøndalen

All signs points to them going down in spectacular fashion, but let's not kid ourselves. This is tippeligaen, and they will finish in the upper half.

Odd

Last seasons big surprise team. I think they'll finish slightly lower this year. Outside of the top 3, surely.

Rosenborg BK

Kåre Ingebrigtsen will be sacked by july and they will hire someone competent to make sure they'll finish 2nd or 3rd. Will continue to be jealous of Moldes success and their money.

Sandefjord

I don't know. Will probably struggle?

Sarpsborg 08

Brian Deane is a good manager and they'll suffer without him. Despite finishing 8th last year they will be one of the favorites to go down.

Stabæk

How long will they keep hold of Bob Bradley? They will surely have a harder season this year, but they're doing well in recruiting players and I think they will stay up. Barely.

Start

The latest club with huge financial problems. They will have to cut costs and sell players to survive, and they will suffer. They had the worst defence last year (together with Glimt) and they won't be better this year. Another year with relegation battles I think.

Strømsgodset

Got a mountain of cash for Martin Ødegaard and they've got an exciting team this year too. I'm expecting a title challenge until september before Molde runs away with it. Will be in the top 3 with Rosenborg and Molde.

Tromsø

Back after a year in adecco following their surprise relegation. Are currently in a phase where they're rebuilding their squad and cutting costs and seems to have a very small and significantly weaker squad than earlier. Steinar Nilsen is still somehow competent and I think they'll stay up. Recently got a bunch of money from that demented old fool Trond Mohn that allowed them to actually spend a bit of money on new players. Will stay up and end somewhere in the lower half.

Viking

Viking were absolute garbage in the second half of the season last year iirc and should do better for a club their size. Everyone loves Jonevret, and I think he'll turn it around and they'll finish in the top 8.

Vålerenga

Sold Kjartansson who scored all their goals last year and will probably be worse off and end up somewhere mid table. Rekdal will continue to do and say stupid things.

As always, predictions go out the window but I thinks it's going to be pretty fun. It's kicking off on April 6th, and it's finally back on TV2 so people will actually watch it. I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
TV 2 just bought CMore and got the broadcastrights to Tippeligaen as well.

This won't change a thing when it comes to scheduling.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
I think the team named Odd is the team for me to plastic

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

puchu posted:

I think the team named Odd is the team for me to plastic

That is just the short name. The long is Odds.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

azathosk posted:

That is just the short name. The long is Odds.

Even better.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Aalesund will actually win the league and not be mediocre at all, because I just said so. Actually we're kinda hosed in midfield with Barrantes getting on and probably not happy with no transfer to sunnier climates or higher wages (though to be fair at least we're not at fault this time) and Ulvestad off, but that's okay. We can't have strikers that perform worse than the first two thirds of last season, we've got several young players with some potential and playing experience from last season as well, and our defense was basically one long injury-list last year so it has nowhere to go but improvement.

I never rated Aabrekk at all really before but hopefully he can prove me wrong and not be a clueless shithouse.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Insurrectionist posted:

I never rated Aabrekk at all really before but hopefully he can prove me wrong and not be a clueless shithouse.

He won't. Trust me, he won't.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Glimt made a profit for the third year in a row so we're the moral winners.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

euroboy posted:

Glimt made a profit for the third year in a row so we're the moral winners.

And now they're selling Ibba.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Well at least I don't have to be afraid anymore of getting my phone stolen at Aspmyra.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

azathosk posted:

He won't. Trust me, he won't.

I'm sure he will just watch it we'll walk the league definitely.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euroboy posted:

Viking

Viking were absolute garbage in the second half of the season last year iirc and should do better for a club their size. Everyone loves Jonevret, and I think he'll turn it around and they'll finish in the top 8.

This is our year!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Gulbrandsen injured and will lose most if not all of the season. Lock up your stars and talents, Molde are going shopping!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Shame for them that they hadn't stockpiled players already! Wait, what? They have already have five or six strikers available? Better get a new one then!

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
In Brann news, today's board election turned farcial. :allears:

Kjell Tennfjord got elected as chairman, then withdrew because the supporters and old boys got one of the old board members re-elected.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The lolorama is on.

A nice hard fought 6th place in Adecco OBOS-ligaen would be proper for Brann.

Brann is very off topic btw

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I hope Brann continues to produce entertainment of one sort or another this season.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

rear end cobra posted:

The hell it is, we've got a great big picture in the OP and everything!

Insurrectionist posted:

I hope Brann continues to produce entertainment of one sort or another this season.
Three other newly elected board members withdrew as well so now there'll be a new general meeting in a couple of weeks. Chances are good you'll get your wish!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

Some random guy kept talking about bodø-glimt for years, so I think we can survive a bit of brann banter :v:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Zwachro posted:

In Brann news, today's board election turned farcial. :allears:

Kjell Tennfjord got elected as chairman, then withdrew because the supporters and old boys got one of the old board members re-elected.

I love it how he withdrew because he didn't get the boardmembers he wanted (and then continued to complain about the lack of democracy).

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Oh geez, Moldes replacement for Gulbrandsen is apparently gonna be Mushaga Bakenga. I'm well aware they're the #1 team right now, but that's just rubbing it in.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

azathosk posted:

(and then continued to complain about the lack of democracy).

What? Thats not how I interpret his comments at all. From what I understood he said that in a democracy people have the choice to vote for who they want, but he also has a choice of stepping down if he doesnt get what he wants.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I interpret it as being really hilarious.

truls
Jan 6, 2003

I always predict brann ending 1st. - this year I even believe in it.

rear end cobra posted:

A nice hard fought 6th place in Adecco OBOS-ligaen would be proper for Brann.

lurk more

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
If you want to discuss bad OBOS-ligaen teams you should make a thread for it

truls
Jan 6, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

If you want to discuss bad OBOS-ligaen teams you should make a thread for it

Just to mention some of it these threads have always included happenings regarding Norwegian soccer besides Tippeligaen. There has been talk about teams in other leagues, there has been talk about our national team and there has been talk about players being signed to clubs outside Norway, coming from Tippeligaen and other leagues. Etc etc

There have also been very little unconstructive team-bashing. "MY TEAM ROCKS!!11!", "YOUR TEAM SUCKS!11" does not make for an entertaining thread.

Brann being one of the most entertaining clubs (if not always on the playing field), and being one of the biggest clubs when it comes to followers, are in this thread to stay irrelevant what league they're in.

Cliché-edit: be nice to people on your way up, you'll meet them on your way down

truls fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 6, 2015

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I think it's always room to discuss Brann. At least to make fun of them.

On the good news for Brann: Now they don't have to sell Andreas Vindheim (because no-one knows who makes the decisions).

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

truls posted:

Just to mention some of it these threads have always included happenings regarding Norwegian soccer besides Tippeligaen. There has been talk about teams in other leagues, there has been talk about our national team and there has been talk about players being signed to clubs outside Norway, coming from Tippeligaen and other leagues. Etc etc

There have also been very little unconstructive team-bashing. "MY TEAM ROCKS!!11!", "YOUR TEAM SUCKS!11" does not make for an entertaining thread.

Brann being one of the most entertaining clubs (if not always on the playing field), and being one of the biggest clubs when it comes to followers, are in this thread to stay irrelevant what league they're in.

Cliché-edit: be nice to people on your way up, you'll meet them on your way down

Wow, I didn't really mean that Brann is off topic, but I'm reconsidering now

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This thread doesnt have nearly enough traffic that it makes sense to exclude people who want to talk about relegated teams.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Brann is a bad team and you should be able to make fun of them anywhere you want. Maybe even by suggesting that they're too bad to be included in a thread about a bad league.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

Don't let him near children

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Don't let him near children

It's too late for that I think we can only hope the Norwegian cousin has more taste for moose and pine trees tbh.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I know this is a Norwegian thread, but thought I would ask. I am going to stockholm for a week at the end of March. I am thinking about attending an AIK warmup match on Saturday and maybe the the Sweden - Iran match. Should I?

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Watching Sweden you might get to see Zlatan live! All I hear about AIK is their hooligans when they play derbies but I guess that won't be an issue in a friendly.

In other news it seems we're getting Fellah on loan from Esbjerg. If he stays fit he'll be a nice replacement for Mix.

Heading over to pick up my season ticket today, starting to get eager for that terrible tippeliga action!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Dirk Pitt posted:

I know this is a Norwegian thread, but thought I would ask. I am going to stockholm for a week at the end of March. I am thinking about attending an AIK warmup match on Saturday and maybe the the Sweden - Iran match. Should I?

The right answer for this is "yes". If you have the chance to see some local football; do it!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looks like NFF's response to losing the courtcase against Dilling was to fire him. Amazing stuff.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Helland up to 9 goals in pre-season. Can't wait for the real season to start when our form turns to poo poo.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
How do you trade a player to the Tippeligaen? http://m.coloradorapids.com/news/2015/03/colorado-rapids-trade-deshorn-brown-valerenga

Did the league as a whole pay for him? So many questions.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

WangNV posted:

Did the league as a whole pay for him? So many questions.

What? No, why would the league pay for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Grimble posted:

What? No, why would the league pay for him?

Because in the MLS the league owns the rights. Or something.

The transfer fee is reported to be around 4-500.000 USD.

• Locked thread