Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
Ugh, I thought we (Start) had a good chance at the draw, but we always gently caress up in the second half. Still, a reasonably good match against better opposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
So this is what bizzaroland is like, where we got defenders that defend and strikers that score more goals than the opposition :v:

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

The Erland posted:

Ugh, I thought we (Start) had a good chance at the draw, but we always gently caress up in the second half. Still, a reasonably good match against better opposition.
If we only could keep it going for the whole match, not just one half maximum, Start could easilly end up on the top half of the league.
Also, Sandnes was way too hot headed in the minutes before his second yellow, and I can't believe that Mjelde couldn't see that before it was too late.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

torjus posted:

If we only could keep it going for the whole match, not just one half maximum, Start could easilly end up on the top half of the league.
Also, Sandnes was way too hot headed in the minutes before his second yellow, and I can't believe that Mjelde couldn't see that before it was too late.

I have to admit, Start impressed me. They worked bloody hard and i almost felt bad for them when it all started going downhill for them.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I'm really afraid of tomorrows match against LSK. We will probably play Nakkim instead of Wæhler (out with injury). The players need to step up their game and actually try to win the match.

3-1? I think so. gently caress LSK.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

azathosk posted:

I'm really afraid of tomorrows match against LSK. We will probably play Nakkim instead of Wæhler (out with injury). The players need to step up their game and actually try to win the match.

3-1? I think so. gently caress LSK.

If you have strikers that are faster than snails they will have an easy match.

Out of position and slow is the key word for our centerbacks...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football is good again. Sorry about your wasted chances Euroboy, could have been a load more goals this game.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Didn't watch the match but I can only imagine how terrible it was. The bright side is that we only conceded two goals and not three as usual so maybe we won't concede 90 goals this year after all

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It was actually a pretty good match with lots of counters and the Big Chances statistic was like 5 - 4 by the end. One of your players managed to miss an open goal from 5 meters out for the biggest chance of the match and there was a shot in the crossbar too, but you were vaccinated from putting the ball in the net.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Bah!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Christ on a bike that was nervewracking, but I'll very happily take it!

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Holy hell.

Think i lost about 5kg from sweating just watching that match. Also, you know it was a clear penalty when Drillo uses the big words in favour of RBK.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
In OBOS news, Brann just became the first team at any level to beat Bryne this year :getin:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Yea, the week started kind of poo poo with the Jerv match but after beating Trondheim's and now Jæren's finest I'm okay with it.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Zwachro posted:

Yea, the week started kind of poo poo with the Jerv match but after beating Trondheim's and now Jæren's finest I'm okay with it.

I'm starting to look forward to matches again. A strange feeling.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Good job, Viking!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Molde is garbage. This is our year!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Congrats on winning the league, Rosenborg!

We're still third on the table, but we need to step up against Stabæk. I just hope Brown manage to score some goals again. And let Braaten play!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I have no idea why I logged on a betting site today and thought that it's too early for any upsets in the cup. VIF and Mjøndalen down by a goal, Tromsø and Sandefjord still at an even score... and Start are already dead and gone, being 3-0 down to Vindbjart.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Oh, for gently caress'S SAKE!

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Cup er cup i år igjen.

Faen

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Some embarrassing results in this round to be sure. To be honest VIF are kinda mundane with a 1 goal loss especially given their apparently poo poo record the past 5 years. Laughing hard at Start and Haugesund though.

truls
Jan 6, 2003

Walk in the park for Brann!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

truls posted:

Walk in the park for Brann!

:getin:

Baggins posted:

Oh, for gently caress'S SAKE!

:getin:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Some things never change. Getting kicked out of the cup in the second round by a bunch of amateur nobodies. Thank you, thanks a loving lot.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Wait... Staebek is in second? I thought they would be pretty bad/mid table, I saw them play in Portland at a friendly and they seemed kinda bad, I think they lost every match in that invitational.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I'm not one to build a case for Stabæk being very good, but they were in shambles after last season with pretty much every player having scored a goal leaving the team, but they managed to grab some good replacements just before the new season and the rest is down to Bob Bradley.

They're not gonna stay second though.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Jack2142 posted:

Wait... Staebek is in second? I thought they would be pretty bad/mid table, I saw them play in Portland at a friendly and they seemed kinda bad, I think they lost every match in that invitational.
Bradley bids his time. Wait for the perfect moment when nobody is watching, and then gets the best cheapest players he can get his hands on.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Stabæk are cool and good.
Not sure why VIF bought one of our defenders when our defense has been consistently among the shittiest ones in the league since we got promoted back in '04. Even when the team is good the defense is poo poo.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Yes, a red card, now we can get back into the....oh a goal, gently caress football.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Welp, pretty much as expected against RBK...

Molde next, with how this team performs I predict: :suicide:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I like football me.
Pretty bizarre match all in all but I'll take it.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I've seen a lot of terrible defending through the years but this is a whole new level

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
The football keeps piling on.

Tippeligaen before round 8:
code:
#	Lag		S	V	U	T	Mål	P
1	Rosenborg	7	6	1	0	24-5	19
2	Stabæk		7	5	1	1	9-3	16
3	Molde		7	4	1	2	17-7	13
4	Sarpsborg 08	7	3	3	1	10-5	12
5	Odd		7	3	2	2	12-10	11
6	Vålerenga	7	3	2	2	11-9	11
7	Viking		7	3	1	3	9-10	10
8	Aalesund	7	3	1	3	9-15	10
9	Strømsgodset	7	2	3	2	13-14	9
10	Mjøndalen	7	2	3	2	10-12	9
11	Start		7	2	2	3	11-14	8
12	Haugesund	7	2	2	3	5-14	8
13	Lillestrøm	7	1	4	2	8-10	6
14	Sandefjord	7	2	0	5	10-13	6
15	Tromsø		7	1	1	5	8-14	4
16	Bodø/Glimt	7	0	1	6	10-21	1
And this is round 8:
Tirsdag, 12. Mai (Runde: 8)
18:00 Mjøndalen - Rosenborg
18:00 Tromsø - Vålerenga

Onsdag, 13. Mai (Runde: 8)
18:00 Aalesund - Sarpsborg 08
18:00 Haugesund - Viking
18:00 Lillestrøm - Molde
18:00 Odd - Strømsgodset
18:00 Stabæk - Sandefjord
18:00 Start - Bodø/Glimt

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I do love having all these matches in May, but if we get another defender injured we will have to postpone football for a while. Just letting you all know.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Don't worry - we're soon enough into June and summertime. Suddenly we're three weeks without any football just because summer holidays.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
gently caress me!

That must've been one of the worst defensive matches for both teams in a long, LONG time...

Still, three points! :D

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Haha Rosenborg. Good work from Mjøndalen though.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
First loss of the season comes at the hands of Mjøndalen. Who would've thought that 25 minutes in at 0-2...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

What the gently caress just happened?

Tippeligaen is the best

• Locked thread