Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I remember when this came out and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Ok, unless someone beats me to it before next week I will look into the German version and report back.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Well, and here I thought that Hopkins FBI and Hero Inc were the worst garbage.

So, it turns out my CD of German Jack Orlando still works. :sigh:

Apparently there's an Easy Version?

That's as far as I can get, it installs but won't start :woop:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

gschmidl posted:

That's as far as I can get, it installs but won't start :woop:

Ok, I'm checking on YouTube. The German dialogue is markedly different.

Jack is much more subdued in his interactions and not constantly randomly insulting. The conversations also make vastly more sense -- this must've been translated directly from the original, not from English.

The voice acting is pretty uniformly bad outside of Jack. The Chinese guy is as racist as he is in English.

There is also a completely different flow to the conversation somehow -- some dialogues are quite a bit longer in German, others are cut down. There is an incredibly lengthy explanation scene about what will happen to the colonel and Jack when they try to arrest Stewart, for example.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

corn in the bible posted:

By the way, if you're interested in other bad animated adventure games http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706675 im going to be lping kings quest 7, which is a notoriously good game that everyone loves.

The game that broke Retsupurae? :allears:

• Locked thread