Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
*walk into creepy white rectangular room with high ceilings, queue up with other lunch patrons next to rack of expensive chocolate bars and south african junk food*
employee one: What can we get you today?
me: serrano and manchego.
employee one:...fine, manchego. fine. *to next employee* man-chee-go. *he slices a baguette down the bias and smears fig chutney on one side* ok. next.
*walk to next man*
employee two: what are you having?
me: I...
employee one: *to employee two* man-chee-go
employee two: *to me* Manchego?
me: yes
employee two: oh.
me: and serrano. ham.
employee two: I see.
*ham, cheese & fennel are arranged on the sliced bread. the man sends my food away & will no longer make eye contact with me. I continue down the line.*
employee three: *looks like early 90s Thurston Moore, will not make eye contact with me.* here or to go?
me: to go.
employee three: *shrugs* nuts, fruit or chips?
me: nuts?
employee three: *shrugs, places small container of almonds in bag, adds sandwich to bag, hands bag to me, shrugs*
*move down to cashier. she eyes me accusingly*
employee four: what did we get you today?
me: manchengo &... uh, I mean manchego and, uh, parma?
employee four: *she smiles balefully. I have lost a battle I did not know I was fighting. the battle of knowing ham.* manchego and serrano.
me: yes... and can I get a tea?
employee four: *a look of disgust spreads over her face* well, what do you want; sweet tea, honest tea, what?
me: honest tea?
employee four: fine. $13.65, thank you. *she puts her hand out. hand her my card; she swipes it hands it back without presenting a receipt, then walks away without saying another word*
*I wander over to the drinks and stand there for 20 seconds, suspicious that this may be a some manner of trap. when I am sure that a black man who dresses ironically like Urkel but also has a full head of untreated, natural hair isn't going to sneak up behind me and ask what I think I'm doing like he just caught me trying to finger a sleeping lady, I pick my drink and leave*

It kind of felt like going to an ed debevics for people that want to know what it's like to order food from a very unhappy art collective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
a truely horrifying read

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

human interaction wouldnt be so terrifying if you werent autistic

sorry about your parents believing the big pharma hype about vaccines

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I hope it was at least tasty

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
OP it's probably best if you don't go back there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

the part where they all hopped on the counter and mimed listlessly playing instruments to a Stars of the Lid song was pretty good though.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
that part where the lady said "honest tea" gave me chills... make u think about what could happen if that happened to you

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

sometimes when I belch I have flashbacks about it and throw my wallet at the guy in the cubicle across from me.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I hope it was at least tasty

couldn't say. everything tasted like tears because I was crying while I ate it in the stairwell.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i laughed i cried i didnt actually read the op

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Eat a good sandwich at Xoco instead problem solved

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
u should have called the police tbh

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
next time get a burg

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

try eating at subway and stop ordering twee hipster sandwiches you pretentious gently caress

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

this incident has taught me my lesson about trying new things and I will now go back to subsisting on a steady diet of dinty moore beef stew, tuna out of the can, and big gulp cups half full of dr. pepper and half full of rum.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is manchino

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Why can't you write like a normal loving person? What's so difficult about that?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

this incident has taught me my lesson about trying new things and I will now go back to subsisting on a steady diet of dinty moore beef stew, tuna out of the can, and big gulp cups half full of dr. pepper and half full of rum.
nah it means you should seek out shady ethnic restaurants, especially the combo ethnic grocery/deli counter ones instead of dumb hipster stuff

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Smugworth posted:

try eating at subway and stop ordering twee hipster sandwiches you pretentious gently caress

last time I tried to order from a subway none of the staff knew what vaporwave is and an elderly mexican employee threw tomato slices at me until I left after I tried to explain it to them.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
What is this story's Origin country?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

last time I tried to order from a subway none of the staff knew what vaporwave is and an elderly mexican employee threw tomato slices at me until I left after I tried to explain it to them.
thats called "getting more for your money" frankie.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

timp posted:

What is this story's Origin country?

god's own united states, although I bet it's happening all over the world and no one can stop it.

Hobohemian posted:

Why can't you write like a normal loving person? What's so difficult about that?

I think maybe you should show some gratitude and accept the panoply of expressive modes laid out for you, man.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im creeped out by rectangular rooms too, OP

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
What in the gently caress does any of that poo poo mean?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Someone smugly corrected me once on pronouncing some kind of cheese at Wegman's once but I was hopped up on caffeine and meds and pre workout so I looked him in the eyes and said "WHOFUCKINGCARES GIVEMETHEFUCKINGCHEESE." and he quickly put it in the bag all pissy and I left.
Maybe you should change your approach.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Sounds like an autistic subway

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

Someone smugly corrected me once on pronouncing some kind of cheese at Wegman's once but I was hopped up on caffeine and meds and pre workout so I looked him in the eyes and said "WHOFUCKINGCARES GIVEMETHEFUCKINGCHEESE." and he quickly put it in the bag all pissy and I left.
Maybe you should change your approach.
Its funny too because they never actually know how to say the cheese name either.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
is this the sequel to clockwork orange?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

*purses lips, lowers eyebrows* "you mean rock fart"
"No."

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

do they serve all the sandwiches on pretzel buns or what the gently caress is a bretzel

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Fishy Joe posted:

I started to google some of the words and then realized i didn't give a gently caress cause it sounds gay as poo poo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BigBoss posted:

I started to google some of the words and then realized i didn't give a gently caress cause it sounds gay as poo poo
Hes trying to order a ham and cheese sandwich from hipster central and the employees manage to make Spanish into pretentious white people words.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fishy Joe posted:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
op, why did you pay 13.25 for a ham and cheese sandwich? you got robbed and made fun of during the theft.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

do they serve all the sandwiches on pretzel buns or what the gently caress is a bretzel

pretzel baguettes, traditional baguettes or a wecken, which is a roll that doesn't like itself very much but also thinks it might still be better than you.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

Hes trying to order a ham and cheese sandwich from hipster central and the employees manage to make Spanish into pretentious white people words.

it sounds joyless. that is very sad.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
How much of a tool does one have to be where the drat counter boy starts doggin' you unprovoked?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
one time i took a poop;

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what is south african junk food like? is it just like Runts but all the candies are black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

How much of a tool does one have to be where the drat counter boy starts doggin' you unprovoked?
maybe frankie just likes it when the counter boys raw doggin him??

• Locked thread