Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
SORRY ABOUT MY CAPS, I HAVE DIFFICULTIES EXPRESSING EMOTIONS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

EngineerSean posted:

INCIDENCE OF AUTISM IS LOWER IN FEMALES, OCCURRENCE IS FOUR TO FIVE TIMES HIGHER IN MALES

I blame the Y chromosome

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

EngineerSean posted:

we're cool

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

EngineerSean posted:

*nods*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

EngineerSean posted:

Yeah, man.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Autism is an inherent feminine trait so it goes unnoticed

Note how they all live in perpetual fear

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

EngineerSean posted:

Legit made me laugh.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Can a sexy girl with big boobs have autism?

DOORS IT MATTER?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

ChrisHansen posted:

Legit made me laugh.

I'll laugh with you out of imitation but I am NOT making eye contact.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ArmZ posted:

Daryl hannah
whoa this puts her blade runner character in a whole new light

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Serious answer:

Yes, but it is somewhat less common for several complicated reasons. Autism is a weird thing that's hard to pin down, sometimes it seems biological, sometimes it seems to be more developmental, it's unclear what exactly causes it and what places affect it, so this is more based on my observations than research papers

The short hypothesis of mine is that it's about equal in men and women, but the thing is, by and large this is still a society in which women are expected to settle down and take care of kids and help around the house, which aren't matters where moderate levels of autism become evident. They're more obviously noticed in areas where people are needed to go out and make connections with unfamiliar people, take career paths, and generally more outgoing things, which are things men are much more pressured to be skilled at.

As such pressures become more equalized and less gendered, it's much more likely that demographics of people affected by autism will be pretty split along this regard. Of course, in the rarer, more serious cases of clearly lowered mental capacity, it's evident to parents and family from the get-go and is fairly equal amongst boys and girls.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Gyra_Solune posted:

Serious answer:

Yes, but it is somewhat less common for several complicated reasons. Autism is a weird thing that's hard to pin down, sometimes it seems biological, sometimes it seems to be more developmental, it's unclear what exactly causes it and what places affect it, so this is more based on my observations than research papers

The short hypothesis of mine is that it's about equal in men and women, but the thing is, by and large this is still a society in which women are expected to settle down and take care of kids and help around the house, which aren't matters where moderate levels of autism become evident. They're more obviously noticed in areas where people are needed to go out and make connections with unfamiliar people, take career paths, and generally more outgoing things, which are things men are much more pressured to be skilled at.

As such pressures become more equalized and less gendered, it's much more likely that demographics of people affected by autism will be pretty split along this regard. Of course, in the rarer, more serious cases of clearly lowered mental capacity, it's evident to parents and family from the get-go and is fairly equal amongst boys and girls.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Avalanche posted:

But she's really smart and wrote a lot of books and did a lot of Autistic poo poo that made eating cows more efficient so she gets a pass.
Doc Browns not autistic

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
There was this woman who ran this blog extensively documenting her sexual encounters with strangers from the Internet. She lived in a tent in the woods somewhere and you could just show up and gently caress her. She was autistic.

Guess they can't all be like Temple Grandin.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
that's crazy man do you have a link to this tentfucker blog

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
nerdy girls get autism and then never admit it and stay mentally 10 years old for the rest of their lives

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

don'jt think it counts as a women but good lcick

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Stoic Commie posted:

that's crazy man do you have a link to this tentfucker blog

I think it got shut down. I believe her parents put her home or something.

EDIT nvm I found it: http://fayekane.blogspot.com/2011/01/if-you-lived-here-youd-be-homeless-now.html?m=1&zx=753930971c782a06

George Zimmer fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 24, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Gyra_Solune posted:

Serious answer:

lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

can women get autism??

first you gotta put a banging donk on it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

Autism is a weird thing that's hard to pin down

naw we found it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
all women have aspergers at the very least

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lol im just remembering this super spergy woman who had a blog in which she chronicled her hosed up sex life. she like quit her job and lived in a cave and hosed hobos and got stds

pust it you teasing cocksucker

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

-Misfit- posted:

can autism get women?

son, let me tell u about isis

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKoVgV9yS8k

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

the answer is no because autism is caused by the internet and there are no women on the internet

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

an uncanny valley girl

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Gyra_Solune posted:

Serious answer:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I gave OP's mom autism with my penis.

Life As Skeletor
Sep 7, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmD_69pXpk

does this answer your question

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ArmZ posted:

temple grandin
Daryl hannah
susan boyle

jerri seinfeld

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

George Zimmer posted:

I think it got shut down. I believe her parents put her home or something.

EDIT nvm I found it: http://fayekane.blogspot.com/2011/01/if-you-lived-here-youd-be-homeless-now.html?m=1&zx=753930971c782a06

Lol at lack of observing context in a thread about autism

My wife's best friend has decades of special education teaching experience. The following is anecdotal evidence ... She says that literally every time she talks with the parents of an autistic student, there is something obviously "off" about how the parents communicate
Edit: my two-year old son goes to physical therapy , so I chat with a bunch of moms of autistic chikdren in the waiting room. They all seem pleasAntly socially adept, but then again this doesnt disprove the "male genes cause autism" theory

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 24, 2015

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmD_69pXpk

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

that doesnt count

i dont what it is but it's not autism

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
lol does she have a hearing aid

bitch needs a life aid

Life As Skeletor
Sep 7, 2011

too late nerd :c00lbert:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Drunk Nerds posted:

Lol at lack of observing context in a thread about autism

My wife's best friend has decades of special education teaching experience. The following is anecdotal evidence ... She says that literally every time she talks with the parents of an autistic student, there is something obviously "off" about how the parents communicate
Edit: my two-year old son goes to physical therapy , so I chat with a bunch of moms of autistic chikdren in the waiting room. They all seem pleasAntly socially adept, but then again this doesnt disprove the "male genes cause autism" theory

this explains NOTHING

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Avalanche posted:

But she's really smart and wrote a lot of books and did a lot of Autistic poo poo that made eating cows more efficient so she gets a pass.

she needs a bullet in the face

• Locked thread