Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

It's a relief pitcher, the guy has loads of seasons under his belt even if he's not very good, and the pieces he got back are useful/interesting. I'm not sure it's one to get too worked up over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Capt Murphy posted:

It's a relief pitcher, the guy has loads of seasons under his belt even if he's not very good, and the pieces he got back are useful/interesting. I'm not sure it's one to get too worked up over.

Its not the value, its the concept. I get he has lots of seasons, but he clearly does not know what he is doing.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Scrotos posted:

Its not the value, its the concept. I get he has lots of seasons, but he clearly does not know what he is doing.

I don't think I quite follow. Value and the concept are inextricably linked, I don't think the guy got pilfered in a way that's particularly upsetting or malicious. And how are we supposed to hand hold an owner with that many seasons? He's not going to suddenly reach out for advice and it's not like he is communicating with anyone. These trade "robberies" have a tendency to spiral and I feel like this isn't the one to trigger it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
To me its the targeting. I feel like AV probably immediately saw a bad owner and then went to try and poach whatever talent he had. That is what I mean by the concept not the value, perhaps I should of used the word intent.

I do not like the idea of targeting what are believed to be bad owners and purposely trying to take them to the cleaners.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
And it's grossly unfair of you to assume the worst like that

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
He actually sent me four different offers involving Haney, Nilsson and other guys who I also have on the block, for guys in his org I had no interest in. I countered since he clearly had interest in those guys.

But feel free to continue to wildly fling accusations for no good reason.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Scrotos posted:

I do not like the idea of targeting what are believed to be bad owners and purposely trying to take them to the cleaners.

You're making no sense. That's not a bad trade.

Edit: Also for the love of God someone make a new thread. I wasn't around last year so I have no idea what happened in S31 (except that arthur didn't pay any attention to minor league usage, plus he somehow ended up with 10 starting pitchers on the ML roster) so I can't fill in that part, but when I go back six seasons from now to try to figure out why certain things happened the way they did, it's a lot more useful if the threads actually match the seasons they were supposed to cover.

saintonan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 1, 2015

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

S32 title: Ask Me About My Wehner

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
I thought Nilsson was the best piece on either side in that deal (though this is at least partially due to my weird paradigm) and between that and some offers he sent me mentally checked the new guy off as competent. Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723472

I forgot the tag and I don't even care I hope you're happy

• Locked thread