Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

AlleyViper posted:

Lol how was there so little interest in Glenallen Brinkley that jeff got him at ask?

This poo poo happens every year and this is why Jeff will always be in contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Sure, nobody go after Harold Evert, either.

I guess nobody is interested in sigining good FAs this season?

Welcome to how lovely FA works, just no one bids and they go cheap.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Come one come all and claim Vinny

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Off waivers?

ha no, in trades.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

I currently have 16 people on my ML roster and only a few prospects. This is how to tank in style.

This is how you ruin worlds. Everyone will have to suck with you to get a shot at the best IFAs and top picks. No one should lose more than 50-55 games ever.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Not to throw TBB under the bus, but he has won 36 and 38 games the last 2 seasons, and I don't really remember seeing anyone get too upset about it.

The only way to truly rebuild is to tank for the #1 pick and get as many IFA's as possible. That's what I did last time and that's what i'm going to do this time. It's not like i'm the only one who's ever done that. Just recently uublog did it (and then did exactly what I did and ruined his team), as well as gardenald, who hopefully won't follow my lead! I'm just a lightning rod for complaints because i'm annoying and can't help myself from writing annoying things. But even then, I barely posted in the last thread.

If you can nto tell the difference between a new owner on a poo poo team and and an owner with 20 seasons under their belt behaving the same way I do not knwo what to tell you. You have experience and can lose with grace.

Someone tell WIS to add reverse drafts to the first round, 1st player to miss the playoffs drafts first. HBD becomes way way better.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Not at all. I got recruited into a prog league that drafted like this, and surprise surprise the open franchise was completely, like 10 games worse than the next worst team, hopeless and nothing could change it. .

Yea but in HBD that team gets the best IFAs.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Props to davewillie for leaving Charles Forbes and other useful players unprotected.

He left a nice pitcher out too.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

e: wait I am completely not seeing Forbes in the player pool despite him clearly not being on davewillie's 40 man.

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Forbes isn't in my Rule 5 list either

Tavarin posted:

I also don't see Forbes for whatever reason.

Wait I thought everyone had the same R5 pool, minus their own players?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Tavarin posted:

And then I saw that Richmond only had only 22 players on their roster and just 9 pitchers, so I guess I shouldn't have been quite so impressed.

Are we going to replace UUBlog?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

gently caress you forver, HBD

100 god drat loving health

One hundred

All this does is make me like the never skip a starter plan that Nasboat and I adhere too.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

So this is a thing:

Basically they want to force people to pay eventually.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Aramis Hernandez just won a game and I am super pissed

Statements like this is why you should get out of our world.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

God drat, the PM1 has already simmed.

Maybe their changes actually fixed stuff.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Hey CJL your pitching staff is broken.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Why did the Boyer trade get nulled?

Apparently you can not trade a player who has an injury, even if not on the DL.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

so, WIS told me that Kevin (duyarvish/kingfatdik) couldn't take over our abandoned team in Zimmer because you have to have 3 full seasons completed (and access to advanced roster edit) to take over an abandoned team.

can someone who isn't already in Zimmer and has 3 seasons of experience please step in and guide this dead team? ST is done tonight and I know that team is murdered.

I will take it if all you want is a baby sitter.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Capt Murphy posted:

Wally :(

All Pitchers Must Die

Sorry. :sympathy:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Well that's a pretty innocuous update...

Which I like, they should be releasing small updates more often. Also probably means bigger stuff is coming.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Happy they added option count to the roster page.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gardenald posted:

Officially the winningest season in franchise history :toot:

Same here and two wins away from my best season in any world.

Also no one can complain about being a good team in the WC1, I sat in that position for 10 seasons.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Yea if they do not suspend the 4m level for a season or two is stupid, plus this fucks people who are currently in contention with how they built their contracts.

Also will you get only the stats for the years you control them? Or will you magically get all of their seasons the minute you trade for them? Love that this is done literally to force people to get advanced scouting, but I still wont because I don't even believe 20m advanced scouting.

Also what does it mean to be fuzzier for scouting? That what you see wont always be true? If they make 20/20 mean even less accurate and see even less would be dumb.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

the changes are Bad

Seriously, how do you think updating a system so you can not tell if players are aging is a good system?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

You'll be able to see if they're declining in season and I'm sure old players will still age because they're old

Right but come FA I wont know if a player is again badly or not yet, which is dumb. There is no way all ML scouts would not know that.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

We're all currently paying our ML scouts zero dollars so they probably would not know that. I'm assuming advance scouting will tie in there somehow.

But they are saying you wont see history unless they are your guys, so advanced wont matter to see aging.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

shoutout to my team for not collapsing

shoutout to me for not paying attention and starting Volstad over Sean Creek

But I don't want to play you. I demand a recount!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

I want a Cleveland/Colorado WS how do I make this happen

Root for me to beat Jeff.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

I've got seasons and seasons of you rooting against me (including against jeff) to make up for, my friend.

Yes but Jeff will beat you or gyro, I wont.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

My favorite part was some post where it was like some explanation and then a phrase like "Well I am done because MikeT is just going to argue with all of us" and the next post was MikeT ripping that post apart.

If HBD/WIS want to fix there games, then hire game designers. Do not just let the community decide how to make/balance the game.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

FYI If I lose to Jeff again i am done.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AV vs Jeff how loving original of a world series. So glad this world is fair and balanced. gently caress this game. Who wants my team?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Plus it's not like there hasn't been a ton of turnover for us, our teams barely resemble the ones from the last time we were both in the WS (heck, you have three of jeff's five best players from that season).

This actually hurts your argument, you guys keep rebuilding and staying competitive while no one else comes into the lime light. You don't age and have to rebuild you stay competitive. Your contention cycles do not break because people keep giving up and have to do a full rebuild where they trade their better talent for pennies on the dollar to get really bad so they can maybe one day compete. I did this as well. That is why this world is not competitive. It has nothing to do with how many teams are good or bad right now, but how they were built.

Most teams were built through deep tank jobs and the rebuilds are huge tank jobs where they wont even sniff 60 wins let alone 70. That means this world is not balanced. It does not matter that as dryb's powerhouse fell mine rose again. Or as devo rebuilds, tanktank comes up to take his place. It is how these teams rebuild and the fact that to "compete" in the rebuild devo has to aim for 55 wins so he sells his better aging talent for pennies to the few powerhouses.

The few owners at the top like Jeff and AV are good enough to keep rebuilding on the fly and never have a down year. It does not help when people keep trading them good talent for the crap in the minors and say "It is better than the comp talent!" it still unbalances the world. That player should hit FA but they won't. If we let players hit FA like they should the talent would be more spread out.

I say this as one of the few teams holding all the good talent. But my 5th loving starter would be most teams aces, this world is not balanced. It is hilarious to hear you say that.

Jeff has been a participant of 6 of the last 9 world series. AV has been a participant of 7 of the last 8 or something like that. That is not balance, even if some of that is random playoff crap.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

If we want to fix this world we need to boot people like Art or Me when they win only 50 games for 2 seasons and field a ML team of all Rule 5 guys. We also need to stop trading our vets when we rebuild for crap but just keep them and let our teams age gracefully, while that happens we can still compete for top picks because the worst team won 65 game not 51.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

oh sorry it was 5 of 6 not 7 of 8. Not really that big of a difference.

My main issue is that in Mordecai huge trades where big big guys get moved almost never happens outside of this season with Nasboat blowing up his whole team where as this common for Dimagiio. It is just not as fun when superstars move around teams like backend player do in real life. Can you please stop acting like you are in the same boat as Gyro, Devo, or some of the other players you named.

Yes I could move my vets for younger players but A I do not have the time to and B I like the idea of keeping a core of dudes together and watching it grow/contend/age and not just hot swapping players every season. I may try and trade some of my pitchers in their walk years or I may not.

Allow me to be frustrated that despite my team being way better than Jeff, he seems to beat me and gets bailed out and picks up talent for crap. Like I traded him in our mega deal with Hanson a really bad contract that I tried to move that whole season. The minute he gets someone offers to trade him a useful player for that deal straight up. Is it something I do wrong?? Why does me advertising a player get ignored, but Jeff can deal him right away? Its just frustrating that it seems to be easy to create a team for contention, but to constantly keep it there takes a lot of work. That is why I was talking about being burned out, I am sick of hoping someone gives me talent for cheap in a deal or trying to find somone dumb enough to trade youth for my vets. There is almost zero reason to trade youth for vets in this game.

So just let me vent and stop acting like you are in the same boat as me. I am frustrated in Mordecai as well. My team has been bounced in those playoffs as well for many years despite being on paper probably the best team. Maybe I don't optimize my lineups as well as you or Jeff do but thats where the burnout factor comes in again.

I want to cut back to 1 world and I think that is going to be Mordecai.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I think the biggest issue is the playoffs being such a huge crapshoot. Clearly you had the better team. Lots of playoff series are won by the "inferior" team. It actually turns out that this time, Jeff was the luckier team that wasn't as talent. Most of the other years, he overcame the RNG with superior talent. This time, he was better at rolling die.

Yea I get that and its frustrating.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

jeffersonlives posted:

I'm sorry if I am not helping but I am not going to take a somber serious note because I win too much at a stupid internet game.

I mean if I can't post shovel.gif, what point is there to life

It made me laugh.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

tatankatonk posted:

ehhhhhhh yeah okay im coming back

I hope you hand me my crushing defeat in the playoffs next year.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Okay, seriously, gently caress this Juan Santayana bullshit

gardenald posted:

I'll be back for another 100+ win season and exit from the playoffs because I hate myself

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm back for next season, but i'm on vacation from the 23rd to the 30th, so i'm not sure how it's going to work. Are we going to wait for the new changes to take effect before we roll, or are we going to start as fast as possible?

You say this like we have any control over when we roll. We roll 3 days after the WS ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

So it looks like we're going to roll the day I leave. I may need someone to babysit ,y account, because I am really not going to have the time.

Give me Yasiel back and I will do it.

• Locked thread