Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

unpacked robinhood posted:

Sometimes i click on ads on SA because i want to make a difference reblog if you agree

I just send lowtax :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pawn 17 posted:

I used to use noscript, but the drat thing breaks every page on the internet and you have to constantly add exceptions to get pages to work

that's the point you retarded mother fucker

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
god drat... an addon that blocks javascript actually loving blocks javascript? and i have to add exceptions that i've verified are safe so that my computer doesn't get hosed up ? seems incredibly loving lovely, and garbage.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

adblock gives just the right amount of security. noscript is like windows vista uac. yeah, it probably kept a bunch of retards from installing malware, but it was also super annoying. give me shittier passive security instead of having to actively whitelist even the most mundane poo poo all the time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i run adblock constantly, especially on twitch, and I also tell twitch streamers that I have adblock on which results in me getting permad

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

THE PENETRATOR posted:

god drat... an addon that blocks javascript actually loving blocks javascript? and i have to add exceptions that i've verified are safe so that my computer doesn't get hosed up ? seems incredibly loving lovely, and garbage.
do you have a ton of time on your hands or what

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
yes

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Yeah and it's annoying as gently caress to use unless you visit the same few web sites every day. If I want to go to a site I think might gently caress my computer up, I use VirtualBox. I can see how a sperg like yourself would have time to Y/N every single script on the internet though.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

A Yolo Wizard posted:

get this too its funny as haeck if you area computer oriented person such as myself http://dhowe.github.io/AdNauseam/

this is the best thing, clicking on all ads silently to gently caress up dataminers is the best

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Companies paying to be on that whitelist are paying to keep development of our free extension (that adblock edge rips off) going. As tons of people have already said, you can turn that off anyways so what's the big deal.

With NoScript: Yeah, it's a pain sometimes but it works pretty well and you can set it to do the reverse and whitelist everything by default and turn stuff off when you want to so it's less of a hassle. You guys do know that there are options to set permissions both temporarily and/or permanently right?

AdBlock plus + NoScript + FlashBlock + HTTPS everywhere cuz I hate that poo poo.

I just need to find a Firefox YouTube downloader that actually works with 1080p videos. The only ones that work at all only seem to dl up to 720p...

site fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 25, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pawn 17 posted:

Yeah and it's annoying as gently caress to use unless you visit the same few web sites every day. If I want to go to a site I think might gently caress my computer up, I use VirtualBox. I can see how a sperg like yourself would have time to Y/N every single script on the internet though.

sperg callout from a weird guy who uses virtualbox to browse the web

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

sperg callout from a weird guy who uses virtualbox to browse the web

to a guy who becomes seriously enraged at any criticism of a Firefox addon :shrug:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
lots of hyperbole itt

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I use internet explorer because windows vista cant get viruses

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I donated for my adblock because im old.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Why would you block these ads

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i love ads on the internet because not only am i benefiting from becoming aware of valuable savings opportunities for top-notch goods and services, by viewing said ads my computer will likely become enhanced with win-win consumer-benefiting software that will monitor my computer usage in order to serve me even better offers! it's like free money!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol if you dont do a code analysis on each script before you whitelist it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I need to go fix my fuckin phone because probably every other day, browsing SA on it ends up auto-redirecting me to the play store for some dumb poo poo, because I told android to always open market links via the store app, it used to prompt me and I could just cancel

It's still lol to me that the ~~content creators~~ end up making whiny videos directed at their audience to please turn off adblock, instead of going after the skeezy as gently caress ad servers that cause the problem in the first place

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Adblock should be installed on every computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZZUSpeS4k

quote:

I bet this jackass supports Obamacare.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone else feel like the internet without adblock is like that part in Event Horizon where the dude is forced to see what hell looks like

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Well your first two problems are using a Mac, and secondly using Safari. If you're going to use a *nix system just use Linux instead of buying overpriced hardware and eye-candy effects.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm ok with other people seeing ads, I'm all for it even

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Helpimscared posted:

Well your first two problems are using a Mac, and secondly using Safari. If you're going to use a *nix system just use Linux instead of buying overpriced hardware and eye-candy effects.

actually thats a pro move since macs don't get viruses

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Helpimscared posted:

http://www.ponyos.org/

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Parallax Scroll posted:

actually thats a pro move since macs don't get viruses

Viruses exist for Macs, they just aren't as widespread due to their smaller market share.

It's not hard to keep your Windows machine clean, just don't be dumb.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Helpimscared posted:

Viruses exist for Macs, they just aren't as widespread due to their smaller market share.

It's not hard to keep your Windows machine clean, just don't be dumb.

no, I'm a human being writer so I have to use a mac according to law.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Al Nipper posted:

Why would you block these ads

if you config your adblock to block user ads you should be shot and killed

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i tried using adblock on chrome, and the sperg wanted cash, i clicked the x to make the leech disappear, and then the adblock doesn't block anything.

reinstalled adblock plus. also avoid all the adblocks that are written by pakistanis

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Helpimscared posted:

:goonsay:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dyna Soar posted:

i dont actually mind non-intrusive ads that much. nowadays most sites get their ad money from views, not clicks so if their ads are non-intrusive meaning i barely even notice them i don't mind sites getting some ad money from my visit.

Code Jockey posted:

I need to go fix my fuckin phone because probably every other day, browsing SA on it ends up auto-redirecting me to the play store for some dumb poo poo, because I told android to always open market links via the store app, it used to prompt me and I could just cancel

It's still lol to me that the ~~content creators~~ end up making whiny videos directed at their audience to please turn off adblock, instead of going after the skeezy as gently caress ad servers that cause the problem in the first place

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I agree with these statements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Helpimscared posted:

lol

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I have not seen an ad in many years, and will continue on this path, namaste

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With Adblock plus Ghostery I make sure corporate america makes as little money off of my internet browsing as possible :911:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
most people that use the internet arent savvy enough to even know about adblock. yet that doesnt stop internet ads from being a bust.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

blocking user ads are an eFfront to the entirety of the forums

See I wasn't sure if I should go for an eFront joke, an EFF joke or an effoNT joek

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

West SAAB Story posted:

blocking user ads are an eFfront to the entirety of the forums

See I wasn't sure if I should go for an eFront joke, an EFF joke or an effoNT joek

More like an EFF you joke.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lol at noscript taking a lot of time
youre only going to even visit maybe a hundred different sites in the next month if you include all the sites you glance at and realize it wasnt what you were looking for and most of the sites you will want to look at will require 0 or 1 clicks to enable things with noscript
you probably wont even look at 200 different sites over the next year

your internet use is repetitive and you mostly just look at the same stupid sites over and over

it takes a lot of time if youre an idiot easily frustrated by trying to figure out how to click a button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

Inevitable posted:

More like an EFF you joke.

DONT BE ADBLOXING MYY FREE SPEECH ON A PRIVATE NETWORK YOU gently caress!! :supaburn:

• Locked thread